Something is Off

"I have to go Draco, he wants me there." Y/n's dark side told him. Draco knew this wasn't Y/n and he feared for her. If people knew she was Voldemort's daughter, what would they do? Draco knew her dark side wouldn't let anyone harm her, and that's what scared him the most. What was she capable of?

"What if someone tries to hurt you because they told people you're related to Voldemort?" Draco tried his best to talk her out of the decision. "The only person at Hogwarts who knows about me is Pansy and she would never tell anyone. Trust me." This was true, even if her dark side didn't know Pansy, from what she read on the letters – Pansy was very trust worthy.

"Draco stop worrying, I'm only being there for a couple days. I'm just there to look over Snape, to see if he does his job." Voldemort had told Y/n to make sure Snape obeyed all of Voldemort's order. Draco sighed through his nose, knowing this side of Y/n wasn't going to change her mind.

"Okay, but if anything happens please let me know. I won't hesitate to be there." Draco touched Y/n's hands and for a second her dark side had forgotten they were in love. She never knew why Y/n spent her time loving a boy who was weaker than her. Not wanting to stay there any longer, Y/n gave him a small smile and nod before leaving his room to pack her belongings.

Arriving at Hogwarts was quite odd. Y/n didn't know if people knew, but from the way people treated her – she figured no one knew she was the daughter of the Dark Lord.

Look for the best friend, her dark side told herself. With an urge to find her and make sure she would tell no one, she practically ran to the dungeons.

Entering the familiar dorm room, she walked in only to find Pansy's luggage on the bed, but no her.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" Pansy asked coming into the room and closing the door. Y/n turned around slightly surprised, "My father told me to come. Why aren't you with your parents? You should be somewhere safe." Pansy shook her head slightly, "You should be somewhere safe! Aren't you afraid of people finding out about you know who?"

"You and the trio are the only ones that know. And I know you guys wouldn't tell a soul." Pansy laughed nervously at the sudden change in her attitude. She also began to notice Y/n's eyes making Pansy furrow her eyebrows at her. "Did you get contacts or something? They look a bit darker." Because it's not me Pans! "It's probably the light," She shrugged as she walked over to her trunk. Y/n began to take out her clothing and putting them in the drawers. "Daphne isn't coming back this year, they're scared about him." Pansy spoke up and Y/n chuckled. "You'd be surprised to find out there is someone stronger than him."

"Yeah right, like who?" Pansy laughed thinking Y/n was joking, but she wasn't. Y/n's dark side was dead serious, "I am." Pansy laughed nervously and changed the subject not wanting to get Y/n mad, "How was your break?"

"It was uneventful, I heard something about Bill and Fleur's wedding." Pansy furrowed her eyebrows slightly, Y/n already knew about the wedding, she had owled Pansy right away, but Pansy couldn't reply because she was busy.

Feeling suddenly more nervous Pansy tried to get out of this situation, "Yeah it was tragic, I'm going to see if Ginny has settled in. I'll be right back?" Y/n nodded as she began to finish the last of her unpacking.

Pansy quickly walked away, constantly looking back for Y/n. This was an odd situation, Y/n would normally remember everything, especially something as dangerous as an ambush. This wasn't the Y/n she knew, this wasn't the Y/n she loved dearly.

Finally reaching the Fat Lady's portrait, "Cranberries." Pansy told the painting and it opened. Going into the Gryffindor common room in search of Ginny, "Neville? Have you seen Ginny?" Neville had matured a lot, he had lost weight and grew very tall, "I think she's in her dorm, do you know where it is?" Pansy nodded her head as she went up into the girl's dorms.

"Ginny!" Pansy called out and she came out a bit surprised, wondering why Pansy was in the Gryffindor common room. "We might have a problem," Pansy began to tell her as they entered Ginny's room, closing the door. "Y/n is back and she isn't herself." Ginny furrowed her eyes, what could she possibly mean? "What do you mean by that?" Ginny asked as she sat on her bed, Pansy following her movements. "Okay well, Y/n knew about what happened at your brothers wedding, she even owled me saying she was sorry she couldn't tell me. Then she comes here, she's very different and she didn't know what had happened? She even thinks she's stronger than you-know-who."

Ginny began to think about everything Harry had told her, he did say something about Y/n being different, but she didn't know how. "Harry did bring up how Y/n has a different side, I didn't know what he meant until now. What if being around her father has created this dark energy? I remember when Harry was acting that way and we later found out he was a ... oh shit." Ginny stopped mid sentence as she began to remember everything that had happened to Harry last summer. How a part of Voldemort was inside him, thus creating bad energy.

"Pansy, I think she's a horcrux." Ginny finally admitted and Pansy looked like she has seen a ghost. Her best friend a horcrux? Something they would have to get rid of in order to stop Voldemort? "She can't be, there has to be something else," Pansy tried to think of many other possible ways on why Y/n was acting so different. "Maybe she hit her head and she's being a bit crazy, yeah that's it." Pansy sighed through her nose, trying not to think about Y/n being such an evil thing.

"Pansy I'm usually never wrong and the behavior you're describing is just like Harry." Pansy did not want to believe Y/n was a horcrux. She did not want to think about her best friend dying because her father was that selfish.

"We have to figure out a way to destroy that dark energy, yet keep her here. We can't kill Y/n." Pansy finally came to her senses, Ginny was almost never wrong. If she was certain about the similarities with Harry, then Y/n is certainly a horcrux.

Now, Pansy was going to figure out a way to keep her alive – no matter what it takes. But she couldn't let Y/n know Pansy knew about her dark side or it could possibly ruin everything.

+

A/N: Merry Christmas Eve! I am feeling way better after being diagnosed with covid. Hopefully I'll be able to update more often!

Hope you guys have an amazing day please stay safe!