Year Four

Y/n packed her belongings, as she practically ran downstairs. The clock read 10:50 am, if she took any longer the train would leave.

"Ester, do you think you can apperate me to the station?" Y/n asked desperately. The elf nodded as she held onto her hand. Moments later she arrived at the station, "Thank you!" She told her as she ran towards the train.

As she entered she bumped into Hermione. "Ow!" Y/n sighed, getting her suitcase that had just fallen. "I'm very sorry Y/n I didn't see you!" Hermione explained. Y/n shook her head smiling, "It was my fault don't worry about." They stood there for a moment, Y/n had remembered she needed to get close to her to find an answer for Pansy. "Before I leave, I was wondering if you'd like to hang out? You can bring your friends as well!" Hermione smiled and nodded, "That would be lovely!" Y/n smiled back, mentally sighing in relief, "Awesome, I'll see you later." Both girls went their separate ways.

Y/n entered the compartment her boyfriend and friends were in. "We thought you were gonna be late! What took you so long?" Draco asked. "I ran into someone." She smiled as she put her suitcase away. She sat next to Pansy, "I did it, the thing I told you about." She whispered. It took Pansy a moment to understand, but she quickly smiled once she realized. "Thank you!" She hugged Y/n. Draco looked at the two girls, wonder what they were talking about.

The train ride consisted of Pansy and Y/n whispering to each other about what she was going to say to Hermione. Pansy basically scripted everything for her, it was funny how badly Pansy wanted Y/n to succeed and put in a good word for her.

They finally arrived at Hogwarts, walking towards the Great Hall they noticed a boat flying and unicorns arriving. "It appears we have guest arriving, father told me about this." Draco told Y/n, making her turn to him. "Oh do you know why they're here?" Draco smirked, "The Triwizard Tournament is being held here." Y/n's lips made an 'o' shape as they entered the Great Hall. It was decorated rather nicely, considering there were guest coming.

Dumbledore began his famous start of a new year speech, which almost everyone had heard before. He started to introduce the Beauxbatons Academy, a crowd of gorgeous girls with blue uniforms came in through the doors. Basically enchanting every boy in Hogwarts, including Pansy. Y/n looked over at Draco, to see if he was drooling like the rest of the boys, but he wasn't– Draco seemed rather unimpressed. Then Durmstrang Institute came in, making a show with fire sticks and chanting. This caught Draco's attention, since Victor Krum was attending that academy. Draco watched with amazement in his eyes as he saw the men performing, making Y/n giggle to herself.

After the two schools had settled Dumbledore began to speak about the Triwizard Tournament, making many people listen. "It has come to my attention that only those above the age of seventeen are allowed to participate." Many groans were heard in the Great Hall. "That's rubbish!" Both Fred and George Weasley yelled, making Y/n turn from her seat and look at them. Fred gave her a friendly wink and smile and George gave Y/n a smile and a small wave. She smiled at both of them, waving back before turning back into her seat.

Draco scoffed and moved in his seat making Y/n turn her attention to him. "What's wrong?" She asked him. "Bloody age requirement? That's absurd." He rolled his eyes and folded his arms across his chest. "You would actually join that stupid tournament?" Draco looked at her in disbelief, "Of course, I'd like to prove I'm a powerful wizard." Y/n raised an eyebrow and put her arm on the table, resting her chin on her hand, "And get hurt?" Draco scoffed copying her movement, "I wouldn't get hurt darling." He said smugly making Y/n roll her eyes. "You almost got hurt by a hippogriff, I doubt you wouldn't get hurt in the competition." Before Draco could say anything else Y/n moved her attention back to Dumbledore.

After his long dreadful speech, the feast finally appeared. Y/n grabbed her plate, serving herself food and a cup of pumpkin juice. The table talked about the tournament and guessing who would be the Hogwarts champion, many Slytherins guessed Marcus Flint, since he was rather competitive. Y/n didn't care, what kind of idiot would want to get themselves hurt?

After the feast, everyone went back to their common rooms. The group of friends sat on the couches, while Y/n's head rested on Draco's shoulder. To her surprise, he let her stay like that.

"What do you guys think the tasks are going to consist of?" Pansy asked the group. "Probably something that will get the competitors severely hurt." Y/n sighed. "Not a fan of the competition?" Blaise asked her and Y/n shook her head. "Anyone who'd willingly want to compete is an idiot." She said, hinting at Draco about the conversation they had during the feast. She felt Draco stiffen and sigh, "There's nothing wrong with a small competition it's not like people are going to die." Y/n scoffed as she got up from laying on his shoulder, sitting down normally. "People can still get severely hurt or have their body damaged forever, magic can't fix everything. Sure the competition might be fun, but it's still irresponsible to want to compete. I don't know why Dumbledore allowed for it to be here." The group looked at her, some agreeing and some shrugging like they didn't care.

Y/n began to think about Cedric. She knew Cedric was an amazing athlete and how competitive he was. She also knew how he always wanted to make his father proud. Being in the competition might prove to his father how great he was and obviously make him proud if Cedric did win. She just hoped for once he wouldn't want to compete in anything– so he could stay safe.