The Battle

Nothing was going as planned. Everything was going wrong. Y/n really believed she could destroy her father, she believed she could save everyone. There was so much pain and agony. For the first time, Y/n had no idea what to do – she was frozen in place.

Flashback

Harry had returned to Hogwarts through this secret passage. When he came through the painting, everyone was relieved to see him. He could bring peace to this war, he was the answer to everything.

He immediately embraced Ginny in a hug, everyone in that room could tell how much they missed each other. Pansy and Y/n stood there slightly behind them, waiting for their moment to pass. After he pulled apart, he hugged Y/n, which took her by surprise. Harry had never hugged her before, it was quite odd. But nonetheless, she hugged him back. For a moment she wanted to cry, she was exhausted, she was scared. But she held her tears back, she could not cry in front of people.

The four of them immediately grouped up in the corner of the room. "I have his other horcrux, I don't know how to destroy it. But I think you should keep this. It's safer with you." She told Harry and he nodded in agreement. He knew if Y/n kept the journal, Voldemort would find out.

A mandatory announcement was called by Headmaster Snape. Y/n and Pansy always felt horrible because he would favor Slytherin's over other houses. Snape did not hide his favoritism. That evening, all houses walked in synchronized rows into the Great Hall. There stood Snape with his head held high and two other death eaters by his side. Harry had managed to blend in with the other Gryffindor's, which made Y/n nervous for him.

When Snape began to speak about Dumbledore it made everyone in that room, who knew the truth angry. He spoke as if he wasn't the one to kill him. That's when it happened, Harry had enough. He stepped away from the other Gryffindor's screaming at Snape. "You killed him!" His voice echoed in the room.

Then, his voice could be heard in everyone's heads. Voldemort wanted his message to he heard, he wanted Harry to turn himself in. Astoria Greengrass steps forward, "Someone grab him!" She points at Harry and in that moment both Pansy and Y/n looked at each other wanting to jinx her. How could someone want to sell out a teenage boy?

Professor McGonagall reaches her arm over him and pulls him slightly back, she raises her wand defending Harry against Snape and the death eaters. All students immediately pull towards the walls, watching the scene unfold. Everyone watched as it was a 3 to 1 battle. Snape and the death eaters would throw many spells at her and she would defend herself with counter spells. She hits both death eaters with spells making them fall, Snape looks slightly nervous as he flicks his wand again, but this time Professor McGonagall is prepared. She steps forwards throwing a spell, making him lose his balance slightly. Snape knows he's going to lose and decides to apperate out of the room, breaking a window – thus the death eaters following behind him.

Everyone cheers for her accomplishment, feeling a bit of happiness from all the darkness. She tells the Slytherin's to go back into the dungeons and both Pansy and Y/n look at each other. "Wait no we can't!" They both say in unison. "They're right, they have been with us since the beginning!" Ginny tells Professor McGonagall. She looks at the other slytherin's and back at Pansy and Y/n, "I suppose you two can stay, the rest of you to the dungeons!"

Many groans are heard from Slytherin's and both girls pity their classmates. "If Astoria didn't open her big mouth, you'd all be free!" Pansy rolled her eyes as they passed by. As the Slytherin's were taken down, everyone else prepared for what's to come.

All the professors gathered discussing a plan, while Y/n was preparing herself. She could not be seen fighting for the good side just yet, she still had to pretend she was fighting alongside her father.