Unfriended

After class with Hagrid the Slytherin group walked back into the castle. Y/N walked next to Pansy, hand in hand as they always did. Draco, of course, always looking at their inter-winded hands, rolling his eyes.

"Do you like anyone Pans?" Y/N asked her. Pansy looked at her and smirked, "There is someone." She said making Y/N raise her eyebrow and smile. "But I'm not sure about her yet." Pansy continued as they entered the Dark Arts classroom. "Can I know who she is?" Y/N asked as they sat together on their seats. Pansy sighed as she reached into her bag grabbing a piece of parchment paper. Y/N titled her head slightly, What is this girl doing?

Pansy grabbed her quill and began to write: "I don't want to say it out loud because there can be idiots listening, but I suppose I fancy Hermione." Pansy slid Y/N the paper and she began to read it, Y/N's eyes widened slightly. "No way!" Y/N exclaimed with a huge smile. Pansy blushed slightly, "Keep it down, it's a secret between us!" Y/N pretend to zip her lips and throw the key away.

Professor Snape entered the classroom, since Professor Lupin had to leave. Snape ended up taking over, until they found another Professor for next year. Many Gryffindor's hated the fact he was teaching, yet another class. Slytherin's loved Snape, since he was a bit biased.

"Turn to page 525, read the chapter– I want a page by the end of the class." Many groans and sighs were heard. Everyone in the classroom brought out their textbooks and began to read silently.

Hermione was of course one of the first to finish, Pansy watched her as she got up turning in her paper. Y/N look at her friend smirking. Draco was the second to finish, as he left the classroom he gave Y/N a wink before leaving, making her blush. About 15 minutes later, Pansy and Y/N got up at the same time and turned in their assignment, getting a small nod from Snape. They both grabbed their bags and left the classroom.

The two girls walked into the court yard, where many people had gone after class. They sat on a bench and began to talk. "So when did you realize you like her." Y/N asked Pansy. "I think the day I saw her at the library scolding Harry and Ron." She admitted making her laugh slightly. "I don't know, it's just she's so smart and it's funny seeing her be the adult in her group." She continued. Y/N looked at her friend, she was definitely crushing hard. "Do you know if she likes girls as well?" Y/N asked and Pansy shook her head. Y/N frowned slightly, "I can find out if you'd like?"

Pansy looked over at her friend with hope in her eyes, "Will you?" Pansy smiled and Y/N nodded and laughed. "So how are you and Draco?" Pansy asked her best friend, Y/N blushed slightly. "Well we've only been dating for one day, I kind of wish he held my hand or treated me like the way he does when we're alone in public, but I understand how he is." Y/N sighed. "It will take time, he isn't use to having someone he likes and cares for." Pansy was right. This was all new to Draco. He had never had a girlfriend before, Y/N was his first official girlfriend.

"Have you told Cedric about you and Draco dating?" Pansy asked and she shook her head. "Not really, I suppose I should tell him, right?" Pansy nodded her head. "I guess I'll tell him during lunch." Y/N sighed. She had known Cedric liked her, and she hated having to choose sides. She only hoped Cedric would continue to be her friend and not let her dating Draco come in between their friendship.

Lunch Time

The slytherin group sat at the table, eating their food and laughing at the conversation they were having. Y/N knew she had to tell Cedric the news, so she got up from the table excusing herself and walked towards Cedric.

"Hey Ced, can we talk?" Cedric nodded telling his friends he'd be right back as they left into the hallway. "I know you have feelings for me" She started, "and I appreciate those feelings, but I came here to tell you I'm with Draco." She looked down at her shoes, waiting nervously for his reply. "What does he have that I don't?" He spoke softly. Y/N lifted her eyes and looked at him, "Cedric please don't say that. You are amazing, truly. I just want to be with him." Cedric looked at her in disbelief, he had done nothing, but treat her kindly. All Draco has done is torment others, how could she choose him?

"He's an absolute git, you know? Always bullying people to satisfy his ego. You deserve better." Cedric told her. This was a new side she's seen of him. Cedric was always kind, it certainly took Y/N by surprise.

She stood there speechless, for once Y/N didn't know what to say. Cedric rolled his eyes, "I have to go, have fun with Draco." Y/N watched as Cedric entered the Great Hall. She stood there not knowing what to do. She expected him to be happy for her and for them to still be friends. But Y/N should have known better. Constantly taking Cedric offers, saying yes to being his date– just for her to go out with someone else? What did she expect?

She entered the Great Hall, quietly sitting down with her friends. "Are you alright?" Draco whispered and she fake smiled, "Yeah I'm okay." Draco looked at her, knowing something must have happened between Cedric and her. Y/N ate silently constantly glancing at Cedric, who didn't seem bothered at all. She watched as he laughed with his friends and eating as if nothing ever happened– as if they were never friends to begin with. Y/N sighed as she ate her lunch trying to forget about the fight she just had with her friend.

Lunch had come to an end and both Draco and Y/N had a free period. They both walked back to the dungeons, entering her room. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" Draco asked his girlfriend, who immediately laid on her bed upon entering the room. "Can you come lay with me?" She asked softly. Draco took his shoes off and laid next to her warm body, softly playing with her hair. "I told him about us and I thought he would be happy for me." She sighed, "But I was wrong, he got angry that I chose you." Draco couldn't help, but smirk. Was Cedric that pissed off Y/N chose him? "I don't think we're going to be friends anymore." Y/N continued.

Thank Merlin, Draco thought to himself. Draco had always known Cedric's intentions, he was just glad he made the first move instead of him. Because now Draco has Y/N– leaving Cedric devastated. Draco couldn't help, but feel a bit proud.