Entering Names

A/N: Tysm for 11k reads! Please vote if you are enjoying the story so far! 💘

+

Y/n and Hermione had agreed to meet up with each other, to see those entering their names into the Goblet of Fire. They sat down together, each girl had the same book, "To Kill a Mockingbird". Hermione had brought many muggle books with her and she begged for Y/n to read it with her.

There they were discussing the book, "I don't quite enjoy this one." Y/n told her truthfully. Hermione laughed, "I suppose it is one of the boring ones I've read."

Many other students had entered the room as well. "Do you know anyone who's going to submit their name?" Y/n asked her. Hermione shook her head, "Ron and Harry wanted to participate, thankfully there was that age requirement. Both are always looking for trouble." She sighed looking over to where the two boys were.

Y/n's heart dropped as she watched Cedric being pushed by his friends to enter his name. He looked at her, showing no emotion. He continued to walk to the goblet, Cedric threw the paper with his name on it. He had finally entered the competition. Every student cheered for him, expect for Y/n. Ron even tried to get a high-five from Cedric, but Cedric didn't see him– leaving Ron hanging.

Hermione noticed her change in attitude, "Are you alright Y/n?" She looked over at Hermione, "I didn't want Cedric to enter his name. He's so stupid." Y/n shook her head, "I'll be right back." Y/n got up leaving her book where she was sitting at. She walked out to confront Cedric.

"Cedric!" She called for him making him turn from his friends to her. Cedric friends all left, as he walked to Y/n. "What?" He said coldly. "Why did you throw your name in? Do you realize how incredibly dangerous that is?" She looked at him with worried eyes. Cedric scoffed as he leaned on the wall, "Now you care about me?" Y/n furrowed her eyebrows, "I've always cared Cedric. You can get severely hurt!" Cedric laughed, "I won't. Stop worrying about me. Why don't you go worry about your little boyfriend." Y/n rolled her eyes, "Stop being immature. If you won't forgive me then fine." She walked away back into the Great Hall, sitting next to Hermione.

"Are you alright?" She asked her. "He's just being immature because I'm with Draco." Y/n sighed. Hermione raised her eyebrows, "You and Malfoy are dating? But you're so sweet and kind and he's so... Malfoy." Y/n chuckled, "Opposites attract?" She said more in a question making both girls laugh.

The Weasley twins came in making everyone cheer for them. Hermione rolled her eyes, "I wonder what those idiots are going to do." Y/n laughed at her remark. "We did it! Cooked it up just this morning!" The twins told the crowd. "It's not going to work." Hermione sang, making Y/n smirk. "Oh yeah?" Fred started, "And why is that Granger?" George
asked. "You see this?" Hermione said pointing at the blue circle around the goblet. "That is an age line, Dumbledore drew it himself." The twins looked at her, "So?" Hermione scoffed closing her book, "So, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't be possibly fooled by dodge as pathetically dim witted as an again potion!" The twins smirked, "But that's why it's so brilliant," Fred spoke. "Because it's so pathetically dim witted." George finished the sentence. They both got up, shaking the potion, "Ready Fred? Ready George?" The looked at each other, "Bottoms up!"

Y/n watched with a smirk as the twins jumped into the age circle, people cheering them on as they succeed. They both threw in the paper, "Yes!" They both said, but it quickly backfired as the blue flame went everywhere. The flame threw the twins up into the air throwing them out. The twins got up, both looking like old men, making many people laugh. "You said!" They both told each other before fighting one another. Making Y/n and Hermione laugh, "They should have listened to you." Y/n told her and Hermione grinned, knowing she was always right. A crowd gathered around the twins, changing 'fight!' but it quickly grew quiet, once they saw Victor Krum.

The room fell silent making both girls look at the door. They watched as Victor Krum entered the room with one of his friends and the Headmaster of his school. He looked over at Hermione for a split second making her blush and look back down at her book. So she likes boys? Victor Krum threw his name into the fire.

After a while of sitting down both girls got up heading to lunch. "Y/n do you want to sit with us for lunch?" Hermione asked as Ron and Harry walked beside them. "Is that allowed? Won't I get in trouble?" She asked the trio. They all shook their heads, "It's just lunch." Harry reassures Y/n and she nods. "I suppose I'll sit with you guys then." The trio smiled as they enter the Great Hall.

They all sat in the Gryffindor table, making some Slytherin's look at Y/n in disgust. Y/n frowned as she watched many people look at her like she was crazy, but she didn't care. Ron handed Y/n a plate as she began to serve herself food. She grabbed some ham and mashed potatoes and began to eat, while talking to the trio and the twins. "Say Y/n? Why aren't you sitting with your little friends over there?" Fred asked as he turned to see her Slytherin friends. "Well Hermione invited me and I wasn't going to say no, why is it a problem that I'm sitting here?" Y/n raised an eyebrow at Fred and he smirked. "Didn't say it was a bad thing missy." Y/n laughed as she continued to eat, glancing towards her table seeing Draco looking at her. He raised an eyebrow at his girlfriend, then he looked at the trio–his face with a hint of disgust. Y/n rolled her eyes and drank some juice, ignoring his constant glares.

She already knew Draco was going to be angry at her for being around the trio. But she was doing this for Pansy and it wasn't such a bad thing to meet knew people. Draco didn't control her after all.