The First Task

Y/n woke up not having any bad dreams or remembering what had happened

Y/n woke up not having any bad dreams or remembering what had happened. Draco and Pansy would constantly ask her why she was down there, but she would look at them confused. Y/n would tell them she had no idea what they were talking about. Eventually both Pansy and Draco dropped the questions, since Y/n couldn't answer any of them.

Y/n found it odd Tom wasn't appearing in her dreams anymore. A part of her wished he could come back, it seemed he was the only one that knew answers. Another part of her felt relieved, because Tom was the person to bring horror into her life.

Tom didn't care about leaving Y/n alone. As long as his precious journal was safe and hidden from everyone, he was okay. Since the day Y/n hid the journal he stopped talking to her, after all he was just using her. However, there was a small part of him deep down inside, that wished he could be able to still see her. Y/n's face looked exactly like her dead mother's. The unnamed woman, Tom Riddle once "loved".

Y/n began to feel more nervous than ever. Even if she wasn't a competitor, she was scared for Harry and Cedric. She hoped they would stay safe and nothing would ever harm them. She changed into casual clothing for the task and went downstairs meeting a well dressed Draco. He was wearing a black suit, that fit him well– he looked very attractive, per usual.

"I'm excited for the task today." He told Y/n and she laughed. "I'm a bit nervous, Harry told me yesterday the task involves dragons." Draco smirked, "This is going to be wicked."

They walked towards the field, arms linking together. "Place your bets!" George and Fred told people. "Y/n? Wanna place a bet?" Fred asked. "Merlin no, why are you guys doing this?" She laughed and the twins smirked. "We all need some fun in our life." Draco cleared his throat, "I'll place a bet." He reached into his pocked grabbing some galleons. "Potter won't last." He told the twins and they smirked. "Pleasure doing business with you Malfoy."

Y/n and Draco took their seats in the already filled stadium. She bit her lip anxiously waiting for the competition to begin. She prayed to all the gods in the world for Cedric and Harry to complete their task, safely.

The couple watched Victor and Fleur complete their tasks, with a few bumps. When Cedric came out, Y/n bit her lip anxiously. The dragon made its way towards him, knocking the air out him. Y/n got up trying to get a better look. This had made Draco a bit jealous, seeing how worried she was for a Hufflepuff. Nonetheless, Cedric got the golden egg, completing his first task. The last to compete was Harry. Y/n sat on the edge of her seat, while holding Draco's hand tightly. The huge scary dragon was brought out. It looked ruthless, like it was ready to kill.

"Bloody hell." Y/n mumbled as she saw how small Harry was compared to the dragon. "Merlin I hope he makes it." She told Draco and he smirked slightly. "He's going to get hurt." He chuckled. Y/n gave him a side look making Draco stiffen up slightly, "It's only a joke love."

She sat with Draco, holding his hand tightly as she watched Harry try to get the egg. They watched at Harry hid behind a huge rock. "Use your wand." She mumbled to herself, hoping Harry could get out of their alive.

Harry ended up casting a spell for a broom, the couple watched as the chain from the dragon broke. Y/n let go of Draco's hand and watched in horror seeing her friend fly away from the dragon. They looked into the sky, until Harry or the dragon could not be seen.

The crowd began to chatter, asking where Harry was or what was happening. Y/n however, never stopped looking at the sky. She continued to glance around the blue sky for any motion. Draco and his friends were joking around, talking about how the dragon had probably killed Harry and how Draco had won the bet.

To everyone's surprise, Harry came back down, while the dragon was not far behind him. In the end, he successfully grabbed the golden egg, making everyone, but Draco cheer for Harry.

Sighing in relief, Y/n ran to Harry hugging him tightly. "Merlin I thought you were going to get badly injured!" Harry laughed, "Me too!" A crowd of Gryffindor's gathered around Harry praising him. "Party in the Gryffindor common room!" George and Fred said in unison making people cheer. "Are you going to come?" Hermione asked Y/n and she shrugged. "This seems like a Gryffindor appreciation party." Hermione shrugged, walking with the rest of the Gryffindor's to the party.

Y/n looked around the field spotting Cedric, I should congratulate him shouldn't I? She walked towards him, seeing the dirt on his face making her smile. "I know you hate me, but I just wanted to say congratulations on completing the first task." Cedric gave her a small smile and engulfed her in a hug, "I could never hate you." Y/n hugged him back, "I was worried you were going to get hurt. You have no idea how angry I was when I saw you enter your name." She told him as she pulled away. Cedric let out a small laugh, "I won't get hurt it's just a harmless competition." Y/n raised her eyebrow and chuckled, "Harmless? Yeah right! Those dragons almost killed you guys!"

The two old friends walked back into the castle talking about what's next to come in the competition. "I should get back to my room, I accidentally left Draco all alone." Y/n laughed to herself. Cedric slightly stiffed up upon hearing his name, but a part of him knew he had no chance with Y/n. "Alright I'll see you tomorrow, maybe you can help me with this?" He said while bringing up the golden egg. Y/n nodded hugging him once more, before leaving to the dungeon.

Arriving at the dungeon she greeted her friends and Draco, who were talking about the task. "Where were you? You left me after the task finished." Draco ask her as she sat down beside him. "I went to congratulate Harry and Cedric." Draco's eyebrows furrowed, "Cedric? I thought you two weren't friends anymore." Y/n shrugged, "I suppose we're friends again." Draco rolled his eyes continuing the conversation with his friends.

It wasn't that Draco didn't want Y/n to have other friends. It was just how friendly Cedric was around her and Draco knew his true intentions. He despised Cedric Diggory, since the day Pansy mention he fancied Y/n. He hated having him around Y/n. He knew Y/n would never do anything with Cedric. Draco just couldn't help, but become jealous at the thought of him in Y/n's life again.