Slug Club

After many Potions classes and Slughorn's interest in Y/n's parents, he had invited her to his personal club: the Slug Club

After many Potions classes and Slughorn's interest in Y/n's parents, he had invited her to his personal club: the Slug Club. Of course Y/n accepted feeling rather excited to attend her first club in Hogwarts.

Professor Slughorn was eager to know why she looked so familiar and why she resembled a boy he once knew. He just couldn't put his finger on it.

The first meeting was going to be a dinner. Y/n was exited to eat with Harry and Hermione, as they were personally invited as well. Y/n was kind of bummed Draco wasn't invited, but he was too busy with his task to care.

She put on a casual navy blue dress with flats. She curled the ends of her hair and put on light makeup. "I'll see you guys later." She smiled at her roommates and they waved goodbye. Y/n walked down to the common room, where Draco was reading by the fire. She went towards him, "I'll see you after the dinner party?" Draco looked up from his book and smiled softly, "Yes of course. You look lovely by the way." Y/n gave him a small smile, "Thank you, I'll see you soon!"

Draco watched as his girlfriend left the common room, he opened his book again. He read about curses and learning how to curse objects.

Y/n walked towards Professor Slughorn's office. She walked towards Harry and Hermione not wanting to be alone. "Hello guys." She smiled at them and they returned the smile. "Y/n! I'm so happy you're here, I was worried I was going to have to deal with Cormac alone." Y/n raised her eyebrows, "McLaggen? What has he done?" She asked Hermione and she sighed. "I believe he fancies Hermione." Harry answered laughing lightly.

They knocked on Slughorn's office door where he opened with a huge smile. "Good evening Hermione, Harry, and Y/n!" They all smiled, "Hello Professor Slughorn." The three friends walked towards the back where they could keep talking.

"He has been looking at me all weird and he's been giving me notes." Hermione sighed again.  Y/n laughed as she noticed how uncomfortable Hermione got when talking about Cormac. "Are they at least nice notes?" Hermione nodded, "Oh yes it's just not the notes I want to received from him." Harry chimed in, "And who do you want those notes from?" Harry's lips formed a smile, knowing the answer.

Slughorn cleared his throat getting everyone's attention, "Will you all please take your seats on the table, so the feast can begin." Every student grabbed a seat, Y/n sat with Hermione and Harry. The food was served and everyone ate, while Slughorn told stories about his past.

After the first course, dessert was served. Everyone got an ice cream sunday, which Y/n loved. The three friends laughed, while enjoying their ice cream. At one point Cormac tried to seductively lick his spoon, making Hermione and Y/n cringe. "Merlin what is wrong with him?" Y/n whispered to Hermione making her nod. "Now you see what I have to deal with? It's bloody annoying." Hermione whispered back trying not to look at Cormac and his constant staring.

Slughorn had announced he was going to have a small Christmas party for his club. Each person was allowed one invite. Y/n asked Draco, but he declined – he told her he had to figure out a way to successfully complete the task. Y/n understood completely since she knew the pressure Draco constantly had.

"Pansy, do you want to come with me to the party?" Y/n asked her and she nodded. "I thought you'd never ask me Y/n. Daphne got invited by Blaise and here I was waiting for you to ask." She joked. Y/n laughed as she laid beside her on Pansy's bed, "What are you going to wear?" Pansy's eyes widened, "Merlin's beard, I need an outfit!"

A couple days had passed and it was time for the party. Pansy had owled her mother nonstop to send her a dress she had in her closet. Her mother eventually did send one and the owl dropped it on the table, causing people's drinks to fall over.

The girls got ready in their dorms, Y/n had finished her makeup and was now doing her hair. She decided to put some of her hair in a braid, while the rest of her hair was curled. Pansy let her hair be the same, but continued to do her makeup deciding if she should put eyeliner or not. She eventually decided not too and quickly changed into her light pink dress and shoes. Y/n wore a black dress that was slightly puffed out, it rested above her knees.

Daphne had already left with Blaise, he liked being there early to make a good impression on Slughorn. Y/n quickly put on her flats and walked towards Slughorn's office with Pansy. The door was already opened, so they let themselves in – greeting everyone.

They poured themselves pumpkin juice and talked with Harry and Luna. "I really like your dress Y/n, it looks lovely on you. Yours too, Pansy!" Luna's soft voice told them and both girls smiled at her. "Your dress is incredible Luna, it's very different, I like it." Y/n told her.

They continued their conversation, occasionally getting some appetizers from those serving food, which was Neville. He told Harry he was excited to be here, even if he was just a server.

Filch barged through the doors, holding Draco's suit. "Take your hands off me you filthy squib!" Draco scoffed as Flich pulled him towards Slughorn. Y/n turned to see what was going on. "Professor Slughorn sir, I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been inviting to your party-" Draco cut him off, "Okay! Okay! I was gate crashing. Happy?" Professor Snape walked towards Draco and Filch, "I'll escort him out." Filch let go off Draco's suit, "Certainly, professor." Draco looked at Y/n for her to follow and she did. She put her cup down on the table, "I'll see you in the dorms." She told Pansy and she nodded, continuing her conversation with Luna.

Draco, Y/n, and Professor Snape walked out of the party and into an empty dark corridor. "I think I did hex that Bell girl, maybe I didn't?" Draco mumbled. Professor Snape pushed him towards the wall, "I swore to protect you! I made the unbreakable vow!" He whispered-yelled. "I don't need protection! I was chosen for this!" Draco told him and Y/n rolled her eyes. "Out of all others, me. And I won't fail him." He looked at Y/n and she didn't say anything. "Maybe we should go somewhere else? Someone could be near." Y/n suggested, but they ignored her. "You're afraid Draco, you can conceal it, but it's obvious – let me assist you." Draco slightly cried, "No! I was chosen! This is my moment!"

It was clear to Snape and Y/n, Draco wanted to prove he was better than others. He wanted to do this to prove he was powerful enough to complete the Dark Lord's task. Even if Draco was afraid, he had to do this, for his parents sake.