4. Fish

Louis woke up in the morning and felt his muscles tightening when he realised what he was about to do today. He was about to see Harry, talk to Harry and he had to explain to Harry why he sent him and only him a song about missing an ex-partner. Louis got up, jumped in the shower, fixed his hair and beard and started looking for an outfit that would match the occasion. He wanted to look good because he felt like it was the only thing that he could control. But how good was too good. He didn't want to look like he tried too hard. After a while, he decided to go with some black jeans and a grey hoodie.

He really wanted to eat something, but he just couldn't he was way too nervous, so he only had a cup of tea for breakfast

Louis was already ready to leave but it was only 12 pm so he decided to take Clifford, his dog, for a walk. The fresh air on his face calmed him down a little but He just couldn't relax. He went to his favourite bench in the park and took a break.

 He went to his favourite bench in the park and took a break

Just sitting there in silence made him really uncomfortable, thankfully his son called him on facetime. Seeing Finn's cheesy little smile warmed Louis heart and made him feel way better.

 Seeing Finn's cheesy little smile warmed Louis heart and made him feel way better

Louis: Hey, buddy! How are you?

Finn: Hello daddy! I was fishing today, and I caught big fish. The fish was soo slippery and icky.

Louis: You caught a fish all by yourself? That's great man!

Finn: Mommy helped me, and I got a prize for having the fish!

Louis: What kind price did you get?

Finn: Ice cream.

Louis: You know what? We will have a big fish party next week okay? And we can invite a lot of people. Does that sound like fun?

Finn: Can Aunt Lottie come? And Phoebe and Daisy and uncle Niall?

Louis: Who ever you want to invite is invited.

Finn: can we go and see the fish in the big house?

Louis: Yes, buddy we can go to the aquarium.

Finn: I go play now. Bye Daddy love you. "blows kiss"

Louis: Bye Baby have fun. I love you too. "blows kiss"

At the end of the conversation Louis was smiling so wide that his face seemed to be too small and he had forgotten all his worries. Only Finn made him this carefree. Finn was his little boy and he was so happy to be his dad.

After that Louis went home and fixed his hair and got ready a second time. When he was finished, it was time for him to leave. He put on his shoes, got in the car and drove to the parking space near the bakery he used to use when him and Harry went their regularly.

He sat a few minutes in his car and took deep breathes as his nervousness started to rise again. His hands started to shake as he opened his car door in order to go to the bakery.

He walked a bit slower and took everything in. He has walked this bath so many times, but he has never felt this nervous. Back in the days Harry used to walk right behind him and playfully kick little stones in his way. He has never walked alone. It just felt so comforting and well known but also strange and uncertain.