34. Car ride

a/n: Sorry but there is no update today. I will try my best to publish a  chapter tomorrow. :)

After they got everything ready for the four-hour car ride the got in the car and started their journey. Harry drove first.

Harry: "Can I ask you something?"

Louis: "Sure."

Harry: "How is your family doing?"

Louis: "Good, why?"

Harry: "You know because of all the stuff that happened in the last few years. How are you guys doing?"

Louis: "To be honest it still hurts, I think it will always hurt, but we learned to live with the pain."

Harry nodded looking at the street.

Harry: "I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you the way that I should have been."

Louis looked at Harry. He saw that he was sorry and although he was hurt at the time, that Harry was not there the entire time, he knew that Harry did everything he could to support him.

Louis: "You did everything you could. It was difficult because we were not really talking but you made sure to let me know that I can always reach out for you when I need it and that means a lot to me."

Harry looked frustrated.

Harry: "I should have done more. I should have swallowed my pride and supported you more."

Louis interrupted him and reached for his hand. He squeezed his hand.

Louis: "You let me know that you are there for me and that's all that matters. I love you."

Harry forced a smile. He still felt like he didn't do enough but he also knew that he couldn't change the past and that Louis would say anything to comfort him right now.

Harry: "I love you too. Let's listen to some music."

a/n: I made a playlist on youtube with all the songs. There are more songs on the playlist, I just put the relevant songs in here. The name of the playlist is: 

"Maybe I miss you - Car ride"

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNi93lPl1MGN235sWovM-0H1QU0lkQfQH

The first song started playing and Harry started jamming out to it. He shook his head to the beat and drummed on the steering wheel. He was still focused on the traffic but he was feeling the music. Louis just sat there and watched as Harry's curls flew around when he headbanged. Louis listened to Harry's voice and couldn't hold back his smile. He was so happy, that he was able to be with Harry and watch him to normal things. Watching Harry live his life was Louis's favourite thing to do. It made their relationship feel normal.

The next song started and Harry looked at Louis. He had a somewhat sad expression.

Harry: "That was our favourite song to sing along on the tour bus."

Louis: "I know. It's still one of my favourite songs. It holds so many good memories."

Every time Ed Sheeran sang "I think I love you better now." Harry took his eyes off the street to look at Louis and give him a smiled while singing along. Louis loved these little gestures and squeezed his hand every time. When the last "I will love you better now." came on Louis sang the word picked up Harry's hand and kissed his hand. Harry blushed and Louis enjoyed the "power" he had over his man. 

"Four Five Seconds" started playing and Louis looked over to Harry.

Louis: "Do you remember when Riri told you that you don't need Taylor?"

Harry nodded.

Louis: "I was so thankful for that comment. Actually still are because you never needed Taylor because you always had me and just to hear somebody else say even just the tiniest thing that meant that you're not with somebody else made me happy. I will always love Riri for that comment."

Harry smiled but he seems a bit lost in his thoughts.

Louis: "What are you thinking about?"

Harry: "I didn't realise how serious you were about us, back then. I always thought that we were just a hookup. Or that's what I thought it was for you. If I had known how serious you were about it, wouldn't have gotten girlfriends every time we broke up."

Louis started singing along to the song because he didn't know what else he was supposed to do and Harry joined him. Harry knew that his comment was on Louis mind and he also knew that both of them had no idea what to say so they just sang.

They sang along to a few other songs before a song of one of Harry's idols started playing.

Harry: "I really love this man."

Louis: "Excuse me!"

Harry: "Sorry Lou, but he will always have a special place in my heart."

Louis: "Fuck you Styles."

Harry: "Honey he is dead."

Louis: "Lucky you, otherwise you would sleep on the couch."

Harry smirked. He loved it when Louis showed his emotions like that because it was playful but still kinda true.

Harry: "So we are having a sleepover again?"

Louis: "Don't even try to change the subject, Styles!"

Harry: "I'm sorry babe you will always be my only true love."

Harry kissed Louis hand and started singing along. Louis joined in shortly after. The sang a few more songs until a one direction song came on.

Harry: "I loved to perform that song."

Louis: "Yeah it was fun to perform live."

They sang along to the song and stopped at a red light when the last "kiss you" was to here. Louis saw a chonce and he took it. He took Harry's face turned it around and kissed him quickly before the light turned green. Harry blushed. But then a new song started to play and Harry knew that he would use the song to make Louis blush.

Harry: "Lou do you still remember the worlds?"

Louis blushed and pushed him playful.

Louis: "Stop it!"

Harry: "I would sell my soul to the devil just to see you perform grease."

Louis: "Oh shut up. We are here, by the way."

Harry parked the car, gave Louis a kiss and left the car.