Goodbye

a/n: I'm sorry...

Throwback:

Harry: "Lou, please!"

Louis: "No Harry. You know that there is nothing we can do about it. If they say that we can not be together than we have to stop."

Harry: "How can you say that?"

Louis: "You know that we don't have an option!"

Harry: "There has to be another option. I can't live without you."

Louis: "I can't live without you either but ... we have to do what Simone says. You know that."

Harry started crying.

Harry: "Lou, I love you and I don't want to give up what we have."

Louis was sitting next to him holding his soon to be ex-boyfriend tight trying to comfort him while struggling himself.

Louis: "I know babe. But I am sure that we can be together someday and until then we just have to keep our distance. Okay?"

Harry: "I don't think I can do that."

Louis: "I'd rather die than be apart from you, but if we don't we might not be able to see each other ever again and that would kill me."

Now Louis was crying too.

Harry: "Why do they hate us so much? Why don't they care about our feelings?",

Louis: "I don't know but they say it's what's best for us."

Harry: "If something hurts so bad that you almost die, then it can't be good for you."

Louis: "I agree but we have to follow the rules, but trust me, we will get there someday. We will be together and happy and out and everything will be great. We just have to wait."

Harry: "I don't want to wait. I want it now. I want you now."

Louis: "I don't think that's a good idea."

Harry: "Please don't leave me alone."

Harry was sobbing.

Harry: "If tomorrow you won't be mine, won't you stay with me one last time."

Louis hugged him even tighter if that was possible.

Louis: "Oh baby I love so much and I miss this already."

Louis stayed for the night and the fell asleep sobbing in each other's arms knowing that this was the last time for a long time that they would be able to do that.

The next morning Louis was woken up by Harry playing on the piano. The song was sad but powerful and it didn't take Louis long to realise that the song was about the current situation. He decided to join him and to write a song with him like they did so many times before. Normally they would write about their beautiful love but this time the theme was their tragic ending. They were both heartbroken and scared. They didn't know what they were allowed to do with each other in the future or if they were allowed to do anything at all. They just didn't know and it was the scariest thing ever. They felt helpless and angry and heartbroken and lifeless. They felt like management took their lives and throw them away like they were worth nothing. Everything was about to go to shit and they knew it, but there was nothing they could do about it. When Louis sat down next to Harry, Harry started the song from the beginning he wanted to make sure that Louis heard every word of it.

"It's inevitable everything that's good comes to an end
It's impossible to know if after this we can still be friends, yeah
I know you're saying you don't wanna hurt me, well maybe you should show a little mercy
The way you look, I know you didn't come to apologise"

Harry was sobbing in between the words. He was too hurt to even look at Louis. He couldn't even see the tears that silently ran down his face. The words hit Louis hard and hurt him more than he thought they would.

"Hey, hey, hey
Oh, why you wearing that to walk out of my life?"

Louis was wearing a band t-shirt that Harry had given to him for his birthday. It was his favourite shirt because it was the first thing Harry had given him, but right now it felt like a punch in the face. This t-shirt was a symbol of their love and now it was turning into memory.

"Hey, hey, hey
Oh, even though it's over you should stay tonight
Hey, hey, hey
If tomorrow you won't be mine, won't you give it to me one last time?
Oh, baby, let me love you goodbye."

The "goodbye" hit both of them hard. "Goodbye" was the end. It was not a break and it was not temporary it was the end. And although the both knew that "goodbye" was inevitable it still hurt like hell to say it and hear it. It was painful.

"Unforgettable together, held the whole world in our hands
Unexplainable, a love that only we could understand, yeah
I know there's nothing I can do to change it but is there something that can be negotiated?My heart's already breaking, baby, go twist the knife."

Louis was the one singing these lyrics and it was that moment that Harry realised that he was just as hurt as him. Harry had figured that he was not as hurt because he was being quite calm about the whole situation but Louis was hurt and made everything even worse.

"Hey, hey, hey
Oh, why you wearing that to walk out of my life?
Hey, hey, hey
Oh, even though it's over you should stay tonight
Hey, hey, hey
If tomorrow you won't be mine, won't you give it to me one last time?
Oh, baby, let me love you goodbye."

Harry sang the chorus alone before Louis took over the bridge.

"One more taste of your lips just to bring me back
To the places, we've been and the nights we've had
Because if this is it then at least we could end is right"

Harry kissed Louis passionately but short before he sang on. He was singing really slowly and fragile.

"Oh, why you wearing that to walk out of my life?"

Louis took a deep breath before he joined him. All the anger and frustration was back and you could really feel the tension.

"Hey, hey, hey
Oh, even though it's over you should stay tonight, yeah
Hey, hey, hey
If tomorrow you won't be mine, won't you give it to me one more last time?
Oh, baby, let me love you goodbye
Oh, baby, let me love you goodbye"

Louis had to stop singing. His voice broke away because he was crying too much. The pain just got too much. Harry finished the song, he sounded broken.

"Oh, baby, let me love you goodbye."

They both fell into each other's arms and hugged each other tightly. They shared one last passioned kiss before Louis got up. Louis wiped Harry's tears away, places a soft kiss on his cheek said goodbye one last time and left. Harry didn't have enough energy to say anything he just whispered a heartbroken goodbye.