19. Ice cream

Louis: "Baby, are you excited to stay with daddy for two weeks?"

Finn ran into Louis's arms and hugged him tightly.

Finn: "Daddy! I missed you. What are we doing today?"

Louis gave Finn the biggest hug and kissed his squishy cheeks.

Louis: "Right now you are going to give your mom a kiss and say goodbye and we will see. Maybe get some ice cream and plan the fish party?"

Finn: "Yeah. I love Ice cream!"

Louis: "I know, now go say goodbye to you mom. Come on."

Finn ran back to his mom gave her a big hug and kiss and said his goodbyes.

The father-son duo went inside and Louis made Finn something to drink and they started to plan the party.

Finn: "I want to see big fish and I want cake and popcorn and sweets and ..."

Finn went on and on about everything he wanted and although Louis knew that not everything was possible he loved listening to his baby and seeing him all excited. Louis listened carefully and asked questions every once in a while.

Louis: "So now we only need invitations. I thought you could draw something and we write the information on the back and then we drive around and hand them out. And while we're at it we could get some ice cream. Does that sound like a plan?"

Finn: "Yes! Can I use glitter?"

Louis: "Of course."

Louis smiled the biggest smile he loved spending time with Finn is personality was so happy and carefree and he always got so excited over small things like glitter. They started crafting the invitations, well Finn did. Louis just watched and wrote down the information on the back.

After they finished they decided to hand out the invitations before getting ice cream. The started with Lottie and drove all around London to hand out all their invitations. Their last stop was Harry's house. They handled it just like all the other stops. Louis helped Finn out of the car and Finn went to ring at the door to hand out the paper while Louis waited behind him not interrupting the process. Louis was not sure how Harry would react when he saw Finn but he knew that he was good with kids so he didn't worry too much. Finn rang the bell and it took a few minutes until the door opened.

Finn: "Hi this is for you."

Finn busted out once the door was open. Harry looked somewhat shooked but very happy. He smiled at Finn looked over to Louis and crouched down to talk to Finn. When he was on eye level with him he took the pice of paper and looked at it.

Harry: "Wow. This is beautiful. Did you make that?"

Finn looked very proud and nodded his head. Louis stood too far away to hear what they were saying but he could tell that Harry enjoyed talking to Finn and Louis enjoyed seeing Harry being so soft around his son.

Harry: "Tell me about your drawing."

Finn pointed at things that he drew earlier and started to explain everything in detail. Harry listened, watched and asked questions to show his interest. He was very focused on Finn but he could see Louis from the corner of his eye and he saw how happy he looked. Harry loved everything about Louis but the way he cared about Finn was one of his favourite things about him.

After Finn had explained every little detail of his artwork Harry started to talk to him again.

Harry: "What are you doing today buddy?"

Finn: "We are gonna get ice cream."

Harry: "Oh that sounds like fun."

Finn: "Do you wanna come with us?"

Harry looked at him in shock and looked at Louis in the hope to find out if he knew about this. Louis didn't hear what they were talking about he came closer as he saw Harry's shocked look.

Harry: "I think you have to ask your dad before I can answer your question."

Louis: "What do you want to ask me?"

Louis asked Finn looking a bit concerned.

Finn: "Can Harry come?"

Louis looked confused he didn't expect Finn to invite Harry to go get ice cream with them.

Louis: "If you want him to come you can ask him."

Finn looked at Harry and started talking to him again.

Finn: "Do you want to eat ice cream with us?"

Harry was a bit overwhelmed but he was really excited to get invited by Finn. Finn inviting him meant that he liked him and that meant the world to Harry because Finn was a sweet child but also because he knew how important Finn was to Louis. Harry looked at Finn, eyed Louis and when Louis nodded to show Harry that he was okay with him joining them he smiled.

Harry: I'd love to.

Louis couldn't comprehend his luck, his son invented Harry to go get ice cream with them, which meant that he liked him and that was so important to him because he liked Harry as well and he hoped that one day they might be able to be in a romantic relationship again, but Finn was his priority and if he didn't like someone Louis didn't see a future with them.