25. Don't let me go

Harry: "So where should we start."

Louis: "I don't know. That's really weird right now."

Harry: I know but ... but I feel like we need to talk about it."

Louis: I know. Okay ... do you ... like our situation?"

Harry: "Yes, but ... I feel like there is more ... more than we would like to admit right now. YOu know?"

Louis: "Yeah ... I know that."

Silence took over the room, the only noise that filled the house was Finn playing upstairs.

Harry: "Do you ... do you want to try this again?"

Louis: "You mean a relationship? Like romantic?"

Harry felt really stupid for asking this question because it seemed like Louis didn't he wanted to answer his question but he couldn't. He felt tears filling his eyes so he looked down and nodded.

Louis: "Ähm ... I ... I would love to but ... Harry I am scared."

Although the answer was not what Harry had hoped for Louis didn't say no, so he was relieved.

Harry: "Me too."

Harry looked into Louis's eyes.

Harry: But I want to try again. I ... I l ... missed you so much."

Louis smiled.

Louis: "I missed you too."

Harry: "I just don't really know what to say or do. I feel like I can't express myself."

Louis: "I know what you mean."

Silence.

Louis: "I know what we can do. Do you remember when we were in the band and we wanted to express ourselves but we couldn't?"

Harry: "Ähm, yeah. Why?"

Louis: "We would always write songs to get it out and let each other know what was going on."

Harry: "Are you suggesting to write a song together, just like we used to."

Louis: "Yes."

Harry: "Let's do it."

They got up and went to the piano that stood in the living room. Harry sat down and started to play a simple but beautiful melody. He looked at Louis locked eyes and started to sing.

a/n: I made some lyric changes

Now you are standing there right in front of me

I hold on it's getting harder to breath

Louis smiled at Harry. Harry saw Louis smile and knew what his next line had to be about. His heart-warming smile.

All of a sudden these lights are blinding me

I never noticed how bright you would be

Now Louis started to sing.

I saw in the corner there is a photograph

No doubt in my mind it's a picture of you

Louis's smile vanished he thought about the time he left Harry alone with all the mess they had made.

It lies there alone in it's bed of broken glass

This bed was never made for two

Harry noticed Louis sadness and tried to comfort him. He started singing again.

I'll keep my eyes wide open

Louis interrupted him.

I'll keep my arms wide open

Harry smiled but there was a bit of sadness and worry in his voice as he sang on.

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

Harry was still focused on his own singing when he heard Louis.

Cause I'm tired of sleeping alone.

Louis winked at Harry and they sang together.

Don't let me

Don't let me go

Harry was singing on his own now.

Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Harry remembered the good times and decided to use his emotions. He let out all his feelings that he couldn't show Louis for such a long time.

I promised one day that I'd bring you back a star

I caught one and it burned a hole in my hand, oh

Louis started singing again.

Seems like these days I watch you from afar

Just trying to make you understand

I'll keep my eyes wide open, yeah

They sang together building up the tension just for them to end quietly and very soft.

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me go

Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

After they had finished they fell into each other's arms and hugged for a longe time.

Harry: "I will never let you go, at least never completely. You will always be in my heart."

Louis: "Stop being so cheesy."

Harry: "I'm not. I thought about you all the time when we weren't talking."

Louis: "Me too. But you know that I am not that good at talking about my feelings."

Harry: "I know babe."

They stood there for a little longer just admiring the other one until Louis broke the silence.

Louis: "What does that mean for the two of us?"

Harry: "I'm not sure. But we will figure it out along the way."

Harry pulled him into a mother hug and kissed his forehead.

Harry: "Would you like to go on a date sometime?"

Louis: "I'd love to, but Finn is staying with me for the next 2 weeks and I want to spend all my time with him so maybe after that?"

Harry: "I don't think I can wait that long. Can ... can I join you for some of your activities?"

Louis: "I would love that but you have to ask Finn if he is okay with sharing me. But I think he will be fine."

Harry: "Let's hope for the best."