But Gemma, it hurts!

Harry's POV

Later the same day after Louis left, Gemma and Harry had a conversation about Harry's situation.

Gemma: "What do you want Harry?"

Harry: "I honestly don't know. I would like everything to go back like it was before, but..."

Harry stopped and looked at Gemma.

Harry: "Do you think we jumped into it too quickly?"

Gemma searched Harry's eyes to find out if he wanted a genuine answer but she couldn't figure it out.

Gemma: "I think you tried to start off from where you left all those years ago before the breakup."

Harry: "Do you think that this was the reason it didn't work?"

Gemma took Harry's hands and rubbed them to comfort him, she knew that the thing she was about to say would upset him. She was very gentle but she had to tell him.

Gemma: "I think you need to talk about your first break up. I think you need to work through all the pain you have caused each other not just the resent one. You are not the same boys you were in one direction. You have grown up and you need to talk about your past. All of it."

Harry started to shake and cry.

Harry: "But Gemma it hurts. It hurts so bad to talk about it. And I don't want to spend my time with him being hurt."

Gemma spoke very soft and almost motherly.

Gemma: "But if you don't work through it together you might lose him again and again."

Harry started bawling his eyes out and Gemma held him in her arms, trying to be there for him even if she couldn't take away his pain.

Harry: "I know that you're right but fuck I'd wish you weren't."

They spend the next few hours talking and planning how to approach the conversation before they went to bed.

Harry's POV ends.

Louis's POV

Louis woke up to a voice notice from Harry. Nothing else. He opened the it and couldn't believe what he was listening too. Harry's voice sounded fragile and the worlds he sang made him seem even more hurt. He was hurt. But Louis couldn't figure out why. Yesterday when he left everything seemed fine. Louis thought that they had passed their issues and to say that he didn't expect something like this was an understatement. Did he miss something? Was the whole conversation just a dream? Did he do something wrong? Louis was so confused that he couldn't even focus on the words Harry was singing, all he could hear was the hurt in his voice. He started the song over and focused on the lyrics.

Same lips red, same eyes blue
Same white shirt, couple more tattoos
But it's not you it's not me
Tastes so sweet, looks so real
Sounds like something that I used to feel
But I can't touch what I see

We're not who we used to be
We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me
Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

The fridge light washes this room white
Moon dances over your good side
And this was all we used to need
Tongue-tied like we've never known
Telling those stories we already told
'Cause we don't say what we really mean

We're not who we used to be
We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me
Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat
We're just two ghosts swimming in a glass half empty
Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

We're not who we used to be
We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me
Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat
We're just two ghosts swimming in a glass half empty
Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

We're just two ghosts swimming in a glass half empty
I'm just trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

Louis sat in his bed and couldn't move for a minute. He felt like all the love and hope he had felt the day before had left his body. He was out of breath, his heart was beating fast and he didn't know what to think or do. Nothing made sense but everything scared him. What was Harry trying to tell him with this song? Did he just break up with him? Is this some sort of punishment for the break? He couldn't handle the uncertanty any longer. He picked up his phone, tilled Harry's number and called him. Harry picked up instantly.

Louis's POV ends.

Louis: "Harry I don't know what I did wrong but I'm sorry, please don't leave me!"

Louis was tearing up and Harry could tell.

Harry: "Louis calm down. I just need to talk to you. Can you come over."

Louis: "Sure but please tell, me that everything alright."

Harry sounded worried and sad.

Harry: "Don't worry about it."

Louis: "Please just tell me ..."

But Harry had hung up already. Louis was freaking out but he got in his car anyway and drove to Harry instantly. When he arrived the door was open and Harry was already waiting for him.