Let's celebrate

Defeated ones smiles the widest....

Sherika was resting in her room, she was quite exhausted by the journey of Pune to Gurgaon.

She took a shower to cool down her body, more than that she needed a quick refreshment, so that she could face her family with the widest smile of her. With this all in her mind, Sherika dropped herself on the bed with a constant look on ceiling.

The door knocked!

"Sheri, Are you awake?", her dad on the door asked.

"Yes dad, please come in", Sherika wiped her tears instantly like it was never there.

She saw her dad, Mr.Meher Gupta, coming to her, as he sat around her, " I'm your Dad,Sheri.You don't need to hide your pains in front of me. You are free to open it out here. I'm always there for you".

Those words hit her hard as this were the only thing she wanted to hear from years and years. Tears fell down her cheek, she hugged her dad like this was the only thing missing in her life.

"I'm sorry Dad, I didn't listen you. You were right, I shouldn't have saw this dream. It's all over Dad. I lost everything. I wish I would have heard you. I'm sorry Dad! ", Sherika sobbed under the most secured arms for her.

Sherika's Dad never supported her for her writings,but he was never wrong with his words too.

We all are living in a culture where the children are advised to choose the most secure path for their career, where struggle is all in studies, but with the guarantee of money in your future.

Most often, still Indian parents believes so. Medical, Engineering, UPSC, Management.etc.etc are some of the most believed fields to opt for a secure wealthy life.

But does this secure wealthy life gives you happiness? Somehow, No, a big no!

Everyone has a passion for what they are meant to be, between all this career settlement, we hesitate to choose our passion for the career, still society's fingers matters, not for us, but for the parents.

Same like, Sherika's Dad always wanted her to have a well and secured business degree, so that she could also have a cooperative trade business. Likewise every Dad, he never wanted her daughter to suffer, roaming door to door for the publish of her writings. We could never blame him for that, after all it was his way of thinking which somehow could be right.

May be his ways were wrong but his intentions were always clear and that remains open for her daughter's happiness.

His hand on Sherika, she felt those safety again, she felt those warmth again, which every daughter feels in her Father's arms.

"It was never your fault Sheri. I still blame myself for this, for not supporting my daughter's passion. You did it all alone by yourself for which I can never raise my heads again but yes, I can say this proudly that my little Sheri is a strong woman now, she fought her battle all alone, she fought, she won.

Sometimes, it's all about the fate, we have to let go some of our closest treasure to win a battle, what matters at the end is your spirit, your courage and with all that you wins the battle.

It's obvious, you could even lose that treasure but it's often, your courage and spirit would make you get it back again. And you will get it back my Sheri. It's just the little storm to test your depth to the earth and you would definitely prove it waves, how much power your dreams has", Sherika's Dad spoke with all his faith on his daughter.

She felt strong, her Dad is with her now, she is the strongest now.

"Oh! Dad and little Sheri is having a secret chit chat, hhuh?",Mrs.Sheena Gupta came with the plates of dishes for her daughter.

" Yes Sheena, I was complaining my daughter the way you tortures me with your diet chart", Mr. Gupta chuckled as the trio laughed.

"Ohh c'mon! Now let me feed my Sheri now. I have made her favourite Biryani. Sheri, let me tell you, your Dad is on a very strict diet, so you have to finish it all by yourself", her mom said as she started feeding her daughter with the spoon.

" Meher, Have you told Sheri about our plan?", Sheena added.

"Oh yes, thank you for the reminder Sheena", as Meher spoke and rubbed his head.

"What plan Mom?", Sheri asked as Meher cut her in between.

"Sheri! Actually we are planning for our family's get together with Veer and his family, so that we could discuss about Veer and Antra's marriage. Antra has already completed her studies, she has been working in a cooperative field, for more than two years and Veer is also growing good with his Event Organising Company. Now, we just want them to marry so that they could start their happy life. I have invited Veer and his family for the dinner tonight ", Meher explained everything about his plans to Sheri. She was happy with their decision, they quite spent 2-3 hours talking with their daughter.

As the dinner night started, both the family discussed about the marriage and ended it finalizing.

" Di! It's time to celebrate. Wow! You and Veer are going to be married soon. It's amazing infact Mom and Dad are just amazing with their plans. They are shifting there long time load on Veer now. I pray for his safety",Sherika mocking on Antra as they both laughed hardly.

That smile on Sherika's face was after a long time, Antra was glad that being with her family is helping her little sister to recover and heal soon.

As she can see that charm again in Sherika's eyes, afterall it was all about her Anti's happiness.

After all it was the time to celebrate!