Sherika's POV

I don't know why he lied to me. My heart was aching again, I can feel those scars getting scratched again buried inside my heart.

Before going to beach, I went to Shaurya's room to inform him where I was going and also to ask to accompany me. The door was open. I was about to knock as I heard him talking to Rahul about a girl.

Yes, I heard it.... I heard him speaking how he reached here just for a girl, just to meet her. Not only this, he also mentioned his feelings too. He loved her thoughts, she healed him, she helped him... Blah, blah, blah.... I really don't know why I'm feeling this much of unbearable pain inside my heart. Why it's making me detach from him? Even if I was not attached to him. Or was I?

Who will be not? I could see the same happiness in his eyes which I always feels when he is around. If he is really here for any other girl, why does he even hugged me? Yaa, I know that was just to control me from those nightmares. But what was that when he slept the whole night holding me like a child? Yaa, may be just to make me sleep that night!

What was about that unplanned promise? A promise to be there with me always and not letting me face that nightmare all alone. Yaa, may be that too, just to make me feel that even he was also there in this friendship mode.

What was about that forehead kiss? Yaa, Yaa! May be I asked for that! Isn't it?

I thought it more than twice and I have decided it too, I'm going to distance myself from him. It's not good for both of us... Especially for me, I can't afford one more brutal heartbreak.

As soon as he meet his girl, I would be kicked out of his life. That's right or will he give me those hugs even than? Those promises?

We can be normal professional friends and that's enough. I'm not letting anyone hurting me again this time.

Isn't it ironic? I also lied to him about Dhruv, my nightmares but when he lied to me , I felt this much of pain. I know it's a total injustice but I'm left with no any other option. I can't be a hurdle in his love life....

After months, he will return to his place may be with his girl and set a new love life. As usual, I would be left again, so why to be that close to someone that there lies and promises hurts you to this extent.

_____________________________________________________________

Next morning....

I could listen Shaurya screaming on the phone call. It's definitely of Rahul. I could clearly listen him saying how bad he felt when he couldn't meet that girl the last evening, his regret of spending those time with me instead, was identical too.

Covering my anger and pain flowing inside my heart, I went to make the breakfast. Ruhan called me up in the morning, telling us not to come to office till the day after tomorrow. The roads were still on construction and it have a chance to complete within two days as the poles, banners and shops were broken in the riots.

I very well know that he would manage the whole even if I'm not there. But two days more with Shaurya will surely gonna destroy someone's face may be of Shaurya himself. I can't tolerate his lies in my nerves still focus Sheri.... It's his life!

I went outside my room, he was already there in the hall on call. I could see those sudden change of tone in his voice as soon he saw me. Why even he is behaving like that?

I'm not gonna ask you anything! Even if I want to....

'We can't go for two days more, Ruhan called me and asked us to do so', I said in a much professional tone this time.

I can see those happiness in his eyes hearing this as if he got more free time with his girl....'Good going Shaurya Sehgal! ', I muttered in angrer and left.

'What are you preparing for breakfast Sheri?', he asked.

'I think it would be you! ', I scowled silently inside my mouth.

'It's bread butter, cornflakes and juice', I replied, no more eye contacts this time.

'Yaa! That's good for your health Sheri. You really need a diet', he mocked.

Does he called me fat?

'Of course, my good health will also be good for your health Shaurya! Isn't it? ', I replied with a bubbling eye contact.

He laughed but I didn't. Or I controlled not to, just to honour my anger.

'What happen? I'm seeing you from yesterday, you sounds strange. Is there any problem scewring you? Have I done any mistake? Why are you angry? You are also not looking at me', he asked me and stepped towards me, making me nervous.

'Nothing, just work's pressure! ', I answered taking my steps back, soon I realized I can't do that anymore because of that stupid shelf.

He was so much close to me, like this! Wait, let me tell you, not even one finger distance with me....

In such case with him, I'm always a scary one.

'Sheri, don't behave like a stranger to me. Tell me what happen? I will answer your every question. Please, Sheri! I can't afford to live like this. Tell me please!', I could his helplessness on his face just because I was not talking properly. I felt so good, with instant I forgot everything.

'Shaurya! I heard you yesterday on phone.... ', as I tried to speak but was stopped by the call on his phone.

It was of Rahul! I could see those instant glow on his face. I knew it was related with that girl. My blood boiled again seeing his reaction. He stepped back and rushed in hurry.

'See you later Sheri! We will talk surely. Take care! ', he said leaving me like that.

He chose that girl over me again. Just a second earlier, he told that he can't live with that strange behaviour of mine and now, see. Wow! I know I'm a dumb to trust people easily but not anymore....

I bite the bread and then realized it was without butter. With that I went to the door to lock it and the next view shocked me....

'You?'', I asked with shivering voice.