1.3 - Chance at Freedom

2 years later

The inmates were all in a circle cheering and clapping as the fight was going on. Y/N landed a big hit on the jaw of the inmate he was fighting, a large man named Harold Hanley who was an ex-Private that was sent to Aldershot about six years ago because he raped and killed a young woman whilst serving in the Netherlands. Hanley was about 6"6 weighing around 270lbs, sure he was bigger than Y/N but he wasn't anywhere near as skilled as him. He got into the fight with Hanley because he asked him at lunch whether he had 'Dutch courage when it came to women' knowing full well the reason he was in prison.

Hanley got up from the floor and proceeded to charge at Y/N who flopped to the floor just before the big man got his hands on him causing Hanley to fall to the floor HARD landing face first. There were 'ooo's from the other inmates as Y/N did a kip up and grabbed Hanley by the head to reveal his face was bleeding heavily.

Y/N bent down on one knee and whispered in his ear "Not good enough bub" getting off the floor Y/N kicked him straight in the jaw, breaking it and knocking out a few teeth in the process "Oh Hanley, your dentist is going to have a field day" Y/N taunted as he walked back to his cell past the cheering inmates some of whom took the chance to beat on Hanley whilst he was down.

Prison life wasn't so bad for Y/N he got into a number of fights mostly through his own making because he would make sarcastic or witty comments that usually angered the person they were directed at. It was standard three meals a day, do some hard labour in order to help make resources for the people who were currently at war much to the annoyance of the inmates who would rather be out there fighting than couped up in prison. Oh yeah that's right the year is 1915 now and the war had been raging for over a year now.

Y/N got back to his cell and found a man waiting in there for him "Listen pal if you're wanting some sucky-sucky then you have come to the wrong place"

The man just chuckled "Still got that mouth on you L/N" the figure turned around and when Y/N saw who it was he was shocked to say the least.

"Becker? What the fuck are you doing here, shouldn't you be out getting some very unwilling teens to fight in your war?" He said very Sarcastically not to Becker's surprise.

"That would be General Becker to you L/N and no I'm here to offer you a chance out of here" Becker said matter-of-factly to which Y/N laughed "Ooh a fancy new title" Y/N mocked Becker before regaining his miniscule seriousness " And a chance out of here? Doing what exactly? being a poster boy of what a soldier shouldn't be" More sarcasm was laced in Y/N's tone as he jumped onto his bed and laid down on it.

"No I'm here because despite your past errors you were one of - if not the best soldier His Majesty's Army had ever seen." Becker said with determination hoping to influence Y/N on board however Y/N chuckled at the irony of General Becker's latter statement

"Well yeah obviously I was the best soldier the army had ever seen." Y/N had a cocky and arrogant look painted on his face which caused the General to shake his head in displeasure "And you think one man can change the outcome of global war."

Becker walked towards his cell entrance "It's possible.......but of course the choice is yours. You can come with me right now or you can spend the rest of your life rotting in here." Y/N thought about he was thinking about the day his team died and how Hastings said to him how he was a good Captain, could this be his chance to make up for it?

"Well L/N what will it be? Life in Prison or Serving your country?" Becker holds his hand out to Y/N internally desperate that he will accept it.

Y/N stares at Becker's hand before leaping off of his bed and shaking his hand "Alright then Becks. I'll come and fuck some shit up."