5.1 - Spaced Out

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK

"J.A.R.V.I.S have you found anything on the facial scans?" Tony asked his Artificial Intelligence. The brilliant billionaire had bags under his eyes and looked like he hadn't slept in weeks.

"I regret to inform Sir, I have failed to find any matches on Venompool." The British AI answered Stark.

Tony sighed "Alright, let me know if you find anything. No matter how minimal it may be."

"Will do Sir."

Tony left his office and joined Steve, Bruce and Clint on the observation floor at the top of Stark Tower. They had been gathering in an attempt to get to the bottom of the disappearance of Venompool.

"Still nothing." Tony regretfully informed as he went behind the bar and poured himself a glass of Scotch "Drink?"

"I'm good with coffee" Bruce gestured his cup up in the air slightly.

Clint and Steve looked at each other and did subtle nods to each other "We'll take a couple of beers." Clint politely asked.

"Coming right up." Tony said as he turned to look at his vast array of options on display on both the shelves and multiple fridges "There's gotta be SOMETHING that gets Cap hammered." He muttered to himself.

Bruce turned to Clint "Any word from Natasha?"

Clint shook his head as he swung on the bar stool so his whole body faced both Steve and Bruce "Not really, she's been even more closed off than she normally is."

"She's probably just having a difficult time, the pair of them got a lot closer during our time in DC." Steve offered up as some kind of explanation.

Clint's eyebrows furrowed at this new information "How do you mean?" He and Bruce really opened their ears now, wanting to understand as much as possible about Y/N and Natasha's bond with one another.

"They argued much less than when we fought Loki and they just seemed to care a lot more about each other. She got to know him better and I guess she changed her mind on him." Steve shared with Bruce and Clint who were both a little surprised to hear this.

Bruce smiled "I knew she'd come around."

"Ooooooooh Nat and Y/N sitting in a tree." Tony teased as he slid Clint and Steve their beers across the recently polished wooden bar.

The three men squinted their eyes at the billionaire's theory "I doubt it." They all said in unison.

Tony huffed thinking there was more to the story than what he they knew "It's just so strange though, why would Y/N just drop off the face of the Earth? We all know he's not a quiet guy."

"Ain't that the truth" Clint said taking a swig from his beer bottle.

Steve was more noticeably worried about Y/N's current state than the others "My fear is that perhaps HYDRA has him."

Tony vigorously shook his head, disregarding that thought almost immediately "Nah, Y/N would rip them apart like a fucking chicken wing, literally." Earning a look of approval from Clint whilst Steve looked unimpressed at Tony's use of profanity, he'd adjusted to Y/N's constant use of it but that still didn't mean that he had to like it.

Bruce meanwhile placed his coffee cup on the bar and said "If I know Y/N, he's probably off doing something 'fun'." he added quotation gestures, knowing Y/N's idea of fun was a lot different to a regular person's "And I know better than to get mixed up into his business."

"Maybe, but we've not heard a peep out of him for three months." Steve sighed "I just hope he turns up soon." He said with a worrying smile before chugging the rest of his bottle.