AOV #3 - You Have a PhD?

Y/N and Steve had moved into their Apartment Block into Washington DC, the fourth apartment which was a very spacious space for the two Avengers to live in. The apartment consisted of two mid-sized bedrooms, a nice kitchen, a decent living room, a (unfortunately for Steve) shared bathroom and a good view of a small park only a few hundred metres away.

After the Battle of New York, Steve had found himself working more than usual whilst Y/N was taking a break for a while (he was still a little sensitive about the loss of his swords). Fury had recruited Steve as a S.H.I.E.L.D Agent despite Y/N's warnings of 'working for a society of morons' and 'only idiots work for the government', due to his work load he had struggled to find time to adjust to the new world that he was now forced to live in.

----------------------------------------------------------

Steve had woken up on a bright Monday morning which was refreshing to say the least and looked to his pocket watch on his bedside table which read 7:47 AM.

He was in a good mood today because Fury had given him some time off as he had been working hard. Steve enjoyed working for S.H.I.E.L.D but he couldn't help but see some of the benefits of Y/N's freelance style of going about his business.

Steve took a quick shower, had a shave and got dressed into a casual buttoned up shirt and trousers before walking into the kitchen to get some breakfast however when he walked in, be got a real surprise with what was now on the wall.

"Uhhh Y/N, why is there a massive Whiteboard in our living room?" He yelled out

Y/N stepped out of from seemingly nowhere and surprised Steve because he was wearing his full Venompool outfit including his mask however was also wearing a white lab coat, a red tie, glasses complimented by a large brown afro wig and fake moustache "It's not a just a whiteboard, it's a Smart board. Christ put some respect on it's name." Y/N corrected almost sounding offended.

Steve was struggling to comprehend what exactly was happening "Y/N, what are you wearing?" He said as he placed his hands on his hips.

"Mr Rogers!" The madman yelled "You will refer to me in the classroom as Professor Venompool. I am here to get you" he dramatically pointed to Steve "In tune with the rest of the world." He announced.

Steve looked down to the ground with wide eyes "Should've known that he'd put his own twist on this." Before smiling back to Y/N "Can I get breakfast first and a cup of coffee? Something tells me I'm seriously going to need it."

Venompool nodded "Very well, classes start at nine O'Clock sharp, I need time to prepare my lessons." As he walked over to the sofa where his laptop was whilst Steve went into the kitchen pulling out some eggs to make some simple scrambled eggs on toast.

At 09:00, Steve sat on the couch as Professor Venompool connected a cable to connect his laptop to the Smart board, then up on the big screen was a PowerPoint Presentation that read

Pop Culture and Other Modern Day Shit 101

Taught by Professor Venompool PhD

"You're taking this a bit too seriously, don't you think?" Steve asks trying not to offend Y/N.

Y/N glared at Steve not that he could see because of the mask "Spangles, do you want my help of not?"

Ignoring the nickname "Well yeah but-" Steve admitted but was cut off by Y/N.

"Then don't question greatness, just absorb it" Venompool stated.

Venom then came out of Y/N's shoulder which still startled Steve in all fairness but he figured that if he could handle being friends with an alien mercenary then learning about what he's missed should be a walk in the park.

Venom used one of his claws to move onto the next slide of the PowerPoint which was a list of topics that Cap had missed.

"Right then Steve, here's what we've got: Movies, TV, Music, Food, Technology." Venom explained used his slimy black arm to point at the board.

Steve then asked "What about Newspapers, Books and Radios?"

Venom looked strangely at Steve "No, no, no. None of those things belong in this course."

Steve then wondered to himself how much the world had actually changed since the 1940's.

"Most of your Modernisation training will consist of watching stuff, eating stuff and reading stuff." As Venom showed off how the topics had beaches off into dozens of different sub-units.

Steve groaned to himself and was starting to regret letting Y/N go through modernisation with him "To think I was in such a good mood this morning."