AOD #3 - Shootouts

The year was 1957, 12 years after the ending of the Second World War another fight that Y/N or Deadpool was all to willing to fight in. Yes he naturally commited many murders during the six year period but he wasn't a monster, he never killed a man who didn't deserve it.

Y/N couldn't help but smirk when he read in the newspaper about the Steve Rogers that he saved a year prior to the war beginning, becoming Captain America and eventually dying a true hero. To think all that might not have been possible without Y/N.

Y/N was no longer a soldier but instead a mercenary for hire. Technology in 1960 made it a lot easier to travel to places for work. Since the war he had carried out assassinations, robberies and kidnappings of bad people all for the sake of money.

He has decided to take a short break from doing mercenary work abroad for a bit and decided to stay in New York for the time being enjoying the finer things in life which mostly included going to bars to pick up women and having way too many one night stands.

Y/N was off to the bar in his regular attire - A white buttoned up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black trousers and some dressy shoes. He never went out of his apartment unarmed though. He kept a pistol in the back of his trousers along with two small knives in each of his socks.

He was walking down the street in the hopes of pulling some more women tonight "Basically what the Author is trying to say is that I'm like a less rich Hugh Hefner" he said as he continued down the street.

He was only about two blocks away from the bar when he heard gunshots going off and said out loud "Are gunfights better than sex?" He looks up to the sky and groans loudly "Shitsticks, this chapter won't be as interesting if I pick up random women who you'll never see or hear from again."

Y/N took out his pistol and ran towards the source of the shooting where he found two rival gangs engaged in a shootout on opposite sides of the road. That was nearly enough for Y/N to walk away but he saw a small child no more than seven years old hiding behind a dustbin for cover.

Y/N started whisper shouting gibberish to himself before his better nature kicked in and he decided to help the child. He sprinted towards the action before sliding on his legs bringing himself towards the child.

"Kid, what the fuck are you doing out here?" Y/N whisper yelled to the scared looking child.

The African-American child with black hair responded with a scared tone "I was looking for my dad. He didn't come home and he's never late."

Y/N sighed knowing the likely fate of this child's father which caused him to sigh. The child didn't understand Y/N's reaction to what he told him. Y/N put an arm on the kid's shoulder and said "Well I'm sure your Pops wouldn't want you out here in all this danger, so let's get you out of here"

The child nodded "Which way home kid?" Y/N asked him as he looked up to him.

The kid pointed "Through all of that" refering to the shootout that was in progress ahead of them.

Y/N picked up the kid and looked at him said "Hold on tight" he looked even more scared now as to what Y/N was planning.

Y/N picked him up and sprinted to through the shooting trying to keep the child as shielded as he possibly could.

Once they got through and safely away, Y/N put the kid down who looked at him and said "Uhh mister" showing him his hands.

Y/N looked on the back of his shirt and saw there was several patches of red on it "AHH shit, that shirt's ruined now, fuck that was pulling shirt as well"

"Don't you need a doctor or something?" The child worriedly asked as he threw his hands out in a sort of 'Are you crazy' kind of fashion.

"Nah, I heal real fast" Y/N replied coolly before he caught the sad expression on the child's face "I'm sorry about your dad kid"

"Maybe he'll come back" He said optimistically but deep down knew the truth.

"Maybe" Y/N tried to reassure him but he mixed it with a questionable look.

"Thanks for helping me anyways, I'm Nick. Nick Fury" The child smiled thankful that at least he was still alive.

"Y/N, Y/N L/N" Y/N responded

"How are you still alive with all those bullet wounds Y/N?" The child asked with lots of enthusiasm

"I'll tell you a secret but you have to promise me not to tell anyone, Ok?" Y/N asked Nick excitedly nodded as Y/N whispered to him "I'm Deadpool"

Nick looked noticeably shocked as he put his hands to his cheeks "NO.WAY..........Are you as bad as the papers say you are?"

"Absolutely.........but I don't harm innocents. I only fuck up bad guys." Y/N responded before reminding Nick "Remember you can't ever tell anyone I'm Deadpool otherwise I'd have to kill you and I don't want to do that because you're important to the plot."

"Plot? What Plot?" Nick asked with a confused expression and tone

"Ignore me......just don't tell a soul" Y/N said which was responded with an understanding nod.

"Alright come on, let's get you home Nick" Y/N said as he carried him to Nick's home on his back.