Prologue

A/N: This fanfic is a AU spinoff of the "Lost Fleet" where UNS Courier is the sole survivor of the fleet. I'll also take some inspiration from MilitaryPro1

------------------------------

Location: Unknown

Somewhere in a graveyard of a historical day, we see a man standing in front of a monument bearing multiple names. 

The man in question has scars shown that he fought in a war before with an old owl sitting on his shoulder.

After a war that cost a lot of lives and stopping a splinter group that wanted to destroy the world in the name of salvation. It's clear that things need to change in order for humanity to survive. The leadership in the UN quickly change to be more serious. 

However, despite this. The world once again came under threat of a new enemy.

The Tritons

It's unknown how the enemy came to be. However, it doesn't mean that humanity can fight back.

In order to combat this new threat, scientists all over the world created shipboys.

Males that are reincarnated as ships that had fallen in battle.

With this new source of defense, humanity manage to push back the threat... but at a cost.

....

???: How long has it been since we last met?

The man asks as he traces his finger along several names only to receive silence.

???: Silence... Typical...

Tears begin to form in the man's eyes as he looks up to the monument as he takes a deep breath.

???: I miss you guys so much....

The man then held a moment a silence to pay his respects.

???#2: Paying your respects aren't you, Courier?

A voice called out.

The man now named Courier turns around to see an old man wearing an admiral uniform.

Courier: Admiral?!

Courier quickly did a salute to his admiral only for him to chuckle.

Admiral: Haven't change one bit. You should stop doing that you're making me feel old.

Courier: Sorry si- Adrian... force of habit.

Adrian: [chuckle] No need. I understand.

Admiral Adrian then looks at the monument as he lets out a sigh.

Adrian: So many young lives lost... to a unknown threat... 

Courier: ....

Adrian: You're still... thinking about them... aren't you, Courier?

Courier: ...

Adrian: [sigh] Courier... you need to know when to let go.

Courier: I tried, Adrian... but every time I do... it just... 

Adrian lets out another sigh as he pulls Courier into a hug as he rubs his back.

Adrian: I know what it's like to lost someone, Courier... But even if they're gone, the memories we had with them should never disappear... You understand?