9: How it Got Complicated

I turned to face a guy I have never met before. His grip on my waist made me wince. "Please, let go of me." I said timidly not trying to attract much attention.

"Well since you said please." He let go of me but before I could turn and head towards the bar, I was yanked back by my elbow. I looked up to where Jaebeom was but he was nowhere to be seen, I had hoped he could see me and help but he wasn't there. I looked towards the VIP section but couldn't spot anyone. I felt sick in my stomach as I looked towards the bar but couldn't see Namjoon. "Looking for someone? Did they leave you already?" The man smirked and I felt like the gin was about to come back up. I tried to pull my elbow out of his grip but that only caused him to pull me closer. "Now, now.. Don't be a brat. I just want to dance." He whispered in my ear and I was about to cry. Going to the bar was definitely a terrible idea.

"Let go." I tried to pull my elbow again but nothing. Until I felt two men on each side of me. Their heights were intimidating comparing to my very petit form.

"Come on man, she said to let her go." I heard Namjoon saying.

"That's my girlfriend so it's none of your business." The man retorted and yanked me further away from the men I was more familiar with. I yelped but before I could protest, I saw Jaebeom's hand grip on the man's wrist a bit too tightly causing him to wince and let go of me.

"It's not polite to force a girl into doing something she clearly seems uncomfortable doing. Girlfriend or not." Jaebeom said in a timid tone as he pushed me back gently until I disappeared behind his wide shoulders. Soon I felt hand reaching mine, I looked up and saw Mark offering a gentle smile before glaring at the man.

"That is none of your business." The man spat out. Before he attempted to reach out for me. Another set of wide shoulders blocked him, Jungkook turned to take a glance at my fearful and tensed form.

"Are you okay?" He asked, but I couldn't answer. Mark pulled me into his embrace as I felt Namjoon stroking my back.

"Whatever, slut." The man said after looking at the men who surrounded me, he even tried to leave after calling me such a name but was soon grabbed by Jackson, got punched in the face and fell onto the ground face first.

Fuck, if they get into a fight. We'll all get in trouble.

"Watch your mouth." Jackson said timidly before cracking his neck. The man tried to get up but Jackson took a step towards him. "You better think twice about what you're going to say or do next." The man scoffed, stood and walked away. Jackson came rushing to me. "Are you okay?" He asked with such concern.

"That wasn't necessary Jackson. What if the man decided to pick up a fight huh? People would've posted it on SNS, you would have gotten us all in trouble. Thank you for protecting me, all of you but this was a bad idea." I pulled out of Mark's embrace and went up to the VIP room to collect my things. About a minute later, Hannah joined with our coats in her hands.

"You can't leave by yourself. You can't even drive." Bambam said as he tried to stop me.

"Then, we'll catch a cab." I said and I saw Han offering them an apologetic smile. I was sorry, I felt hella guilty for treating them like that after they saved me but I could have gotten us in so much trouble by just being there with them.

"At least, let me drive you home." I shook my head at what Mark offered. Jaebeom sighed before snatching my clutch out of my hand and took out my car keys. I wanted to protest but he just walked out to the parking lot causing me and Hannah to run after him.

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?" I yelled at him. "Did you think of the scandals that would flare up if people caught us getting in the same car?" I asked still running after him until he halted all of a sudden and caused me to bump into him.

"Okay. One, you're fucking stubborn. Two, you talk too much when you're tipsy. Three, I don't give a fuck what people say, none of you is qualified to drive yourselves home safely." He stated once he turned around and I stepped back. "Now that we've clarified it all. Get in the car. Now." He almost yelled at me but wasn't exactly shouting. Hannah mumbled things incoherently and sat in the back seat. I had no other choice but to sit in the passenger seat basically fuming at his sudden backlash.

The navigation to our home was on and already set up in my car. So I didn't even need to give him instructions. Once we got home, he escorted us to our apartment door. As he was about to turn and leave I sighed. "The least I can do is offer you coffee and call you a cab or an uber." He looked at me and shook his head.

"I'm good. Just glad you're home safe." He turned, was ready to walk away but I was tipsy and I had to let it out of my chest.

"Why do you not like me? Did I do something wrong?" I asked in an annoyed tone. "You barely talk to me, felt like you were forced to invite me, us to hang out with you guys." I spat. "If you don't like me, you should say something and I wouldn't bother you again, but enough with making doubt every single move I make." I was finally done and waited for him to speak, he seemed like he was about to say something but stopped himself. "No, please don't hold back. I may be too drunk to remember this tomorrow anyways."

"Fine, it's not that I don't like you. I find you dangerous and I need to be cautious around you." He exclaimed and I stifled a laugh but he didn't show any reaction.

"Me? dangerous? How?" I asked. "Is it because you think I'm some kind of crazy ass stalk-.." He was quick to interrupt me.

"No. It's because when I first met you, you seemed to know more about me than any of my group members who knew me for over 7 years." I would be lying if I said that information did not sober me up just a little. "You're dangerous because I might lose myself with you, you might see things I don't want anyone to see." I couldn't find anything to say. "You're dangerous because you make me feel things I shouldn't because.. HELL! I just met you yesterday." I didn't speak, I wouldn't dare. I just watched him sigh and leave.

Hours later, I was already in bed, in deep sleep when I heard my phone ringing, an unknown number appeared. I almost didn't answer but I had a gut feeling that I should. "Hello?" I answered, voice raspy and only loud enough for the other line to hear.

"I'm sorry to wake you Su, is Jaebeom still with you?" It was Jinyoung calling. I sat up quickly, looked for the clock in my room and that was 03:45 am. Jaebeom had dropped us off around 01:30 am.

"Wait, he's not home yet? He dropped us off about two hours ago." I said, feeling worried about him.

"He's not answering, he actually shut down his phone we can't reach him." I stood, wore my sweatpants, and looked for my glasses. "He tends to disappear but not when our comeback is near." Jinyoung sighed. "He doesn't have an escape place, he just wanders the city."

"I'm going out. I'll look for him." I said as I wore a large zip-up hoodie.

"Wait, you shouldn't get out at this h-..." I hung up and walked out into the dark streets. Where the hell are you Im Jaebeom?