10: How it got complicated (pt.2)

I walked out to the deserted streets with no destination in mind. I tried calling him but there was no point, Jinyoung did say his phone was off. I started walking aimlessly looking around for a familiar face. I saw a man's figure sitting on one of the swings in an empty park. His wide shoulders gave him away. The closer I got to him, the clearer it seemed to me that it was him. I sighed before running up to him. His eyes were closed and relaxed before he opened them at the sound of me tripping on a few rocks on the road. "What are you doing here?" He asked looking around.

"I should be asking you that question." I sat on the swing next to him, his body stiffened. "Why aren't you home Jaebeom?" I asked. He looked up at the stars.

"What a shame, we cannot see the stars in this light-polluted city." I looked up and then back at him.

"They're worried about you. What's wrong?" I asked him again. He just shrugged his shoulders. "Tell me if you wanna talk about it. I can tell something is wrong." I said but he just looked at me with an annoyed expression.

"Don't act like you know me."

"I'm not. I'm genui-.."

"You're a fan, you know nothing about me. Nothing more than I allow you to see."

"Okay, why are you so defensive all of a sudden, I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine, you should mind your own business." I had to admit, his words stung a bit. Especially after the way he vented and spoke clearly at my doorstep. I knew I told him I'd barely remember it but did he really think I was that drunk?

"I'm not trying to overstep my boundaries Jaebeom. Jinyoung called out of worry since I was the last one to see you. I wanted to make sure you were okay. I mean, physically you seem just fine." I sighed, I didn't feel like picking up a fight with such a stubborn creature at 4 in the morning. He didn't say anything. I nodded to myself and started to walk back home.

"Aish!" I heard him curse under his breath. "I'm sorry." He apologized on his way jogging to get to me.

"I'm not the one you should be sorry to." I said while continuing to head back to my apartment. "Also, you don't have to walk with me. Take your time to do whatever you do when you shut everyone out. Pretend you never saw me." I said, sounding a bit colder than I had intended.

"I'm just making sure you get home safe. You shouldn't be out at this late hour." I looked at him and scoffed.

Whatever, I'm not even gonna acknowledge his existence. He said I'm just a fan and he's right. I forgot my boundaries..

"We're here. Happy now? You should go back and get some sleep. Or at least answer their calls? I know I'm just a fan but I'm still human that genuinely cares." I sounded like an upset child. He cracked a smile but quickly cleared it when he cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry for lashing out on you." He said seriously and I nodded. He apologized, I'm not gonna see them again unless one of us is doing their job.

"Take care of yourself Jaebeom." I offered him a kind smile before entering my building and walked up to my apartment. I texted Jinyoung as soon as I plopped onto bed telling him that Jaebeom was supposed to head back to their apartment after dropping me off and that was the last time I contacted any of them.

Weeks had passed, they requested us for their comeback and promotional period but I sent Hannah and the rest of my team. I claimed I was getting busy at the salon which I made sure I actually really was. I kept getting calls from anonymous numbers, texts from Mark, Jackson and Jinyoung and texts through the website that I had gladly handed to Hannah.