12: How we reconciled

It was Friday, I took the day off since we had to arrive early at the fan-meet. I was already dressed and ready when Hannah barged into my room. "Nope, na-ah. You are not wearing that." I pouted looking down at my baggy high-waist trousers and the baggy t-shirt I had on with the long coat sitting on the edge of the bed.

"what's wrong with what I'm wearing." She looked at me with both eyebrows raised.

"We're having dinner with the two biggest group on this planet earth and that is what you're wearing." She didn't need to say anything more.

"I am not wearing a dress." I shook my head.

"I'm not telling you, you should. You can wear baggy pants but I'm choosing the top." It was a good compromise. I nodded. "Give me your word that you will not protest about the top I choose. Should you protest, so help me god I will forcefully dress you with a skimpy dress in this chilly weather." I rolled my eyes at her exaggeration.

"I give you my word." She squealed and disappeared into her room. I sighed looking for another pair of pants. Knowing her, I needed something fancier than a regular baggy black pants. She came back with a brownish one shoulder very tight top. I was about to protest but bit the inside of my lip instead. She smiled smugly. "Could have been worse." She could have made me wear lace but she was kind enough not to. She laughed.

"Good. Now, go along. I'll be waiting for you." I nodded before she scurried out of my room. I had my hair and makeup done already. Hair curled in smooth and natural looking beach waves. My makeup was light with the nude shades. I was relatively satisfied. Maybe felt a bit exposed with the top but it seriously could have been worse.

Since that night with Bambam, he was the only one texting me

Since that night with Bambam, he was the only one texting me. Well, until that moment when I was at the door. "You're driving." I threw my keys to Hannah and felt my phone in my pocket.

MarkT: [You coming or bailing?]

I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt to see him speak so coldly to me. He was always warm and genuine with me. I caused that to change.
Me: [Guess you'll have to wait and see..]

I tried to seem more playful in hopes that he would ease up but he read my text without replying. I sighed as I settled in my passenger seat, looked at the backseat to mentally check my checklist.
Camera bags, check.
Wine bottles safely tucked for dinner, check.
All good.

It was time to meet them and I let Hannah stand before me in the queue as I felt anxious and my stomach was flipping. Thankfully Bambam was the first one in line. He smiled at me when it was my turn. "You look beautiful tonight." His smile that followed the compliment only made me blush, he chuckled. "I see I still have that effect on you. I'm glad, it's good boost to my ego." We both laughed at his stupidity. I felt at ease with him. He made sure I felt more relaxed, we talked a bit more about random things so others won't hear it. He held my hand and I knew that this was only natural but I still felt butterflies in my stomach. "You're doing well. We've missed you." He said sweetly and it came out in a whisper so only I could hear it. I returned the sweet smile he offered and nodded.

Next was Mark, I felt nervous approaching him but I knew that at least he wouldn't be mad at me in front of these many people. He smiled cheekily at me. "Well, what do you know. She graces us with her appearance." My eyes widened as I looked around to see if someone noticed what he said. No one did. I looked down at him signing my album and took a deep breath before mustering the courage to speak.

"I'm sorry. I was being a coward. I shouldn't hav-.."

"You owe me more than an apology." He grinned and I gave him a quizzical look. He chuckled. "Just as you gave some of your precious time to Bambam, I demand you do the same for me." I felt my cheeks burning and nodded. "Tonight." I looked at him, taken aback. He laughed and nodded. I was about to speak but one of their managing team gestured for me to move next.

Next was Jackson. He smiled at me sweetly and tilted his head to gesture a tiny bow. I did the same. "You look beautiful." He said before laying both his hands open between us as an offer for me to hold. I caused butterflies to appear again once I felt his skin brushing against mine.

"Jackson, I'm sorry." I said but he squeezed my hands to grab my attention.

"I should be the one apologizing. I overstepped the line and risked both our jobs." I shook my head to stop him.

"Let's just move past this. I'm glad you're not mad at me." He smiled before letting go of one hand to sign the album and kept a tight hold on my other hand. I felt warmth at his kind gesture but I had to stop myself from analyzing the situation and misinterpret it. This was just typical fan-service. Even if I didn't see him do it with any other fan.

It was okay with the other boys, I still managed to apologize and they were nice enough to accept it. There were some flirtatious comments here and there but I refused to accept them as more than just a normal interaction between an idol and their fans.

Jaebeom on the other hand just seemed to do the bare minimum with me. He barely spoke, he avoided eye contact and didn't offer to hold my hand like the others. I still refused to analyze the whole thing, I just assumed he didn't feel like doing such things for today's fan-meet. I mean, I saw him being relatively chatty with some fans but who am I act like I know him?

We were at the parking lot after the event ended, the boys had left in two separate cars. I was waiting for Bambam to send me the location since I had no idea where that man lived.

MarkT: [Change of plans. We're barbecuing at Jaebeom's place.]
Me: [Oh, I wanted to see Bam's cats..]
MarkT: [You'd think you'd be fangirling over your two favorite boy groups being in the same penthouse but no, you were excited about cats. One of them is weirdly hairless.]
Me: [Lol, did I bruise your ego?]
MarkT: [I'd be lying if I said you didn't. Just a tad bit.]
MarkT: *Sent location.*
MarkT: [Don't be late, we have some quality time to spend.]

I blushed as I read his last text. Why was I blushing? It means nothing. If anything, they want to get to know me better. How can they choose to befriend me or not if they don't really know me. Right? I mean, this whole thing is just their way to build a solid friendship nothing more. Right? Right. Nothing more.