24: How we planned New Year's

Almost a week had passed since we came back to Seoul. I've spent more time talking with Jaebeom since that day than I've spent with the others. Be it through texts, calls or while going on long walks. He seemed as if he was easing up on me which made me feel more at ease myself.

I was talking to Jackson over the phone. "Okay, I understand why you guys didn't celebrate Christmas but this is new year's eve. Come on!! The champagne, the dancing, the countdown.."

"The fact that we don't have girlfriends to kiss at midnight." Jackson interrupted me and I stifled a laugh.

"Oh don't be so dramatic. None of us is in a relationship and frankly, no one needs to have a kiss. It's the thought of us being together that counts." He sighed as I waited in anticipation.

"Fine. But I'm planning the whole thing and it will be a fancy event. No convincing me of a small gathering."

"But if I gave it up to you, you'll invite the entire industry."

"Oh I'm not an exhibitionist." I could hear his smirk, it took me a few seconds to understand his dirty mind.

"JACKSON!!" He laughed his hyena laugh that was as contagious as Youngjae's laugh. "You're an annoying pervert. You know that?"

"I do but you know you love me." I sighed in defeat.

"Yes. Unfortunately, I do. With all my heart." He chuckled.

"Well then baby girl.. if you'll excuse me, I have a party to plan. Dress fancy." I rolled my eyes at the pet name as I bid him my goodbye and hung up.

On new year's eve, Jackson really did not disappoint. He booked an actual event space, I let out a breathy laugh when I entered the hall. "Well, this is something." Hannah said as we both carried our dresses and equipment. I promised the guys I'd do their makeup but I made them give me their word that it would just be me having fun messing with their faces so they wouldn't book me from the salon. After all, I was on holiday leave. Hannah did the same as well.

"I know. The man never disappoints.." I said in awe as I looked around the perfect setting. Some people were still installing their equipment and stuff. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Hannah spoke.

"Now, wouldn't you like to know?" I hit her shoulder. "Ouch!!" She said through laughter. "Admit it. You wanna know what he's like in bed." I sighed.

"Honey, you know I want to know what everyone is like but in reality, I'll never know.." I sighed dramatically acting disappointed.

"Well, you'll know what it's like with one of them." She wiggled her brows. I laughed at how weird she looked doing that.

"You're weird. And I don't know, I feel like if I did that with any of them it'll get messy and weird and I don't want that to affect our friendship." I admitted the thought that haunted me since the day I found myself getting comfortable around them. Around him.

"No, you can't just give it to some random guy!" She exclaimed which took me by surprise. Why was she so defensive? "I mean, you know it'll be great when it's one of them and they'll never lie to you or use you."

"But I'm using them. Plus, it's just sex right? I'll do it with whomever and get it over with." I explained but as she was about to say something, we were interrupted by a soothing voice.

"Do what?" He asked with both hands in his pocket peeking his head between us.

"Sex." I said bluntly.

"Oh, so you chose someone?" He smirked.

"Anyone but any of you." I laughed. His smirk fell while he looked at Hannah, they both shared a weird look. I stopped laughing. "What was that?" Hannah had a panicked look on her face.

"Nothing." She said quickly.

"Hannah.." I warned.

"Really it's nothing." Jinyoung finally spoke after an awkward moment of silence.

After finishing up the boys' hair and makeup, Hannah and I got ready. She looked so beautiful and not to flatter myself too much but with the makeup I've done on her, she looked breathtaking. The simple makeup only highlighted her beauty, it complemented her teal green dress that accentuated her curves. I had a gut feeling that a certain someone would be head over heels for her, I wanted her to look her best so he could finally make a move. They had been flirting effortlessly and nonstop since the first dinner we had at Jaebeom's. I was surprised it wasn't Bambam but she said that Bambam was friendzoned almost immediately. But with Jungkook, she "just clicked". Her words, not mine. God, it had been so long since she had a good man falling for her. Each of her exes had a different definition of an asshole. She had a knack for bad boys, so I wasn't surprised when she fell madly for the bad boy vibes Jungkook was giving. But as I said before, he's a good guy with a tough demeanor. He's a softy, a hopeless romantic, basically the type of man who wouldn't let a chance like New Year's kiss slip away.

I got dressed and did my makeup as I let Hannah do my hair. She went with a retro style waves to match well with my red, velvet dress. My makeup followed the same style, as I went for the dramatic winged liner, fake lashes and maroon lipstick. I decided that tonight, I'll go contact-free. I wanted to embrace my odd eyes just like Mark suggested.

 I wanted to embrace my odd eyes just like Mark suggested

We walked down to the party, all eyes were on us. On Hannah, I was so proud of her, she really did look breathtaking. She deserved the attention, the admiration gazes, the awes, everything. I could almost swear I saw Taehyung gently pushing Jungkook's jaw shut. I stifled a laugh and went to stunned looking men I was more familiar with. I smiled at them and tilted my head into a little bow, they bowed in return. They were all still staring at me which made me feel awkward. Up until Jaebeom finally spoke. "Dance with me."