13: How our first dinner was like

We were in the elevator as the elevator operator pushed a certain key and pressed on the top number. I felt anxious seeing the numbers rising and reaching the very top. Once the doors opened I felt my feet freeze making me stand stiffly as  soon as I stepped out of the elevator. Hannah slowed her tracks and looked back at me. "I don't think I can do it." Before I could finish the sentence, I saw Jimin popping his head out of the kitchen.

"They're here!" He said cheekily and cheerfully. I felt my heart racing like crazy. He was insanely gorgeous, his smile never ceased to take my breath away, his perfectly plump lips, his cute fluffy cheeks. Some of the boys followed him out of the kitchen. They greeted us, took our coats and once Hannah spotted Namjoon walking out of the kitchen she grumbled.

"You in the kitchen? That doesn't seem like a good combination." I stifled a laugh at her words. Although the boys did not even bother.

"I was cleaning up." He said defensively with a slight pout. I mean, his puffed up body made him look intimidating but that pout could steal all hearts away.

"I'll take that." Taehyung approached me to take the bottles of wine tucked in a fancy bag. I blushed once I felt his soft and warm skin brushing against mine.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Out on the terrace, already had a head start at the barbecue." Mark answered. "Mind if I steal you for a moment." I looked over at the rest, they seemed to busy themselves, including Hannah who seemed to have fit perfectly with the group.

"Sure, why not?" I smiled shyly and tried to even my breath along with my crazy going heartbeats. He led the way upstairs to a quieter living room that had huge glass windows with a beautiful city view. The lights were dimmer in the room which only amplified the beauty of the view. "Wow, it's beautiful." I said breathlessly.

"It sure is." He said smiling at me. I must have been lost in the beauty since I hadn't noticed him pouring me a glass of red wine. "Here.." He handed me the glass which I gladly accepted. "I hope you don't mind, I kind of cornered Bambam to tell me what you said. He didn't budge tho." I smiled because a part of me knew I could trust him.

"Well, your source is right here. What do you want to know?" I drew a small smile on my face.
"Surely the fight was not enough reason for you to stay away from us. From doing your job. What happened?" I was honestly taken aback by how well he understood me. Maybe just like me, he could read people well.

"Just heard some words, they stung a bit but were eye-opening nonetheless." I let out a breathy laugh. He waited for me to continue. "Jaebeom.."

"Ahhh.." He interrupted me. "I can see where this is going." He nodded. "Just know that.. he's not a bad person. He didn't mean to hurt you. It's just his defense mechanism." I smiled weakly at him. He didn't even need to know what Jaebeom said, he knows him very well. "It's hard for him to accept new people. Especially those who seem to have a certain impact on him." He almost whispered the last part.

"But he didn't even bother to get to know me, how could he know if I had an impact on him or not?" I asked letting out a laugh of disbelief.

"A man knows." He just shrugged. "Plus, you don't seem like the type of person who's come and go easily."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked him with a hint of annoyance in my voice.

"No. Umm.. don't get the wrong idea. I just meant that you seem the kind of person who'd touch people's heart. You don't seem like someone who'd pass by and we'd barely remember. You're..." he drifted off. "Different." Well, that was not the first time I had been described using that exact word. I just didn't know if it was a good thing or not.

"There you are. Planned to keep her all to yourself for the whole night?" Jackson came up, grabbed my hand and basically dragged me downstairs as I heard Mark's laugh fading with every step I took. "Dinner's almost ready.."

As I walked out to the terrace, Jaebeom was laughing along with Jimin and Yoongi. Once our eyes met his laugh faded and a polite smile appeared. He said nothing, did nothing, just smiled like an idiot. I felt so stupid for having high hopes in befriending him.

Dinner was delicious and just perfect as we sat in the table set on the terrace. Jin, Yoongi and Jackson took over the cooking. So I only expected the best and they did not disappoint. After wrapping up and tidying up the kitchen, Jackson and Yugyeom came down the stairs carrying a few blankets. "Noticed your body shivering when we were having dinner." Jackson said as he handed me a blanket. Granted, the reason I shivered during dinner was because he lightly brushed his hand against my bare skin. I smiled and accepted the blanket nonetheless, it was getting more chilly the later it got. And they seemed like they wanted to spend the night out at the terrace.

We walked out to the terrace and sat around the clean table. "Okay, you seem to know us better than we know any of you." Taehyung said as he pointed at me and Hannah who sat across from me and next to him. "It is only fair for us to get to know you better." He smirked as he looked me straight in the eyes. I sank deeper into the fluffy soft blanket, hoping I'd be able to hide my crimson cheeks and my rapid heartbeat.

"Okay, shoot what do you wanna know?" Hannah said as she wrapped herself with her blanket and hugging her knees to her chest.

"No, love.. it is not that simple. We're gonna have to play a game." Jungkook had that smug smirk that made him look like the baddest boy on earth. God, I love that smirk.

"What type of game? This girl doesn't seem to have high tolerance to alcohol." Mark who sat next to me, laughed as he pointed at me.

"Oh shut up." I hit his arm playfully. It was the truth nonetheless, I still hadn't finished the glass of wine he poured for me at the beginning of the night.

"Truth or drink. I think they're too innocent for our truth or dare." Jimin smirked and I felt like the place heated up. I was surrounded by 14 men. Each one, had the ability to make me feel weak at the knees and it intimidated the shit out of me. Was I really ready to play such a game with them?

"Okay, rules. Answer the questions or drink a shot of soju. No repeated questions to the same person. Understood?" Bambam explained after clapping his hand to bring me back to reality. I nodded and so did Hannah. "Let's start." He smiled sweetly at me. But little did I know.. "What does Mary mean?" I heard Mark coughing next to me. I couldn't look at him.

Well, if we're off like this.. I might as well go for it.

I took the shot of soju that sat full right in front of me.

Oh this was going to be a long night.