28: How my past haunted me

I hadn't met with the guys since new year's, neither did Hannah. She was busy hanging out with Bangtan and her new boyfriend. I drowned myself in work again. I was so exhausted when I got home and I got call announcing the arrival of Jaebeom's birthday gift. I had totally forgotten about it, I had ordered it a while back from an antique shop back home and had to pay a fortune for it to come safely and in one piece. I felt my heart aching when I unwrapped the package. It was a vintage film camera, one of the rare classics. It was so beautiful and delicate, I hoped he'd like it. I hoped he'd forgive me.

I heard another knock on the door but I wasn't expecting anyone. I hadn't even buzzed anyone into the building. I looked through the peephole and saw an unfamiliar but very suspicious man. My heart dropped and I had a gut feeling it was him. He sent him. I backed away to my room and texted Hannah not to come home before I dialed Ian's number. "Ian, I think he found me." I said through a tiny whisper. I heard another knock but it was harder.

"Ms. Jones." A stern voice was heard behind the door.

"Su, lock yourself in your room. I'm on my way. Call Matt and I'll talk to Mark and Jaebeom." He said as I heard shuffles in the background.

"Are you crazy? They're all idols. If something-.."

"For once, do as I say. You might be in fucking danger." He exclaimed before hanging up.

My heart sank at the realization he was right. Not only was I in danger but so were they. I hated myself for that. I wanted to run off and leave everyone and everything behind, but I couldn't do that to them, especially Christian.
I was curled up in my room crying for god knows how long when my phone buzzed and it was Jaebeom. I answered but couldn't find the strength to speak. "Baby, I'm at your door. Open up." My entire body felt weak, I couldn't reply and couldn't move. I just sat there curled up in the corner. "Baby..." His voice released the suppressed sob that had been suffocating me since the moment I hid in my room. "Please, Su.. Open up. We're all here, we're worried about you."

"Your birthday." I said weakly. "The passcode is your birthday." He didn't reply, I just heard him entering the numbers before he hung up. A few seconds later they broke the weak lock of my bedroom door after many attempts of knocking. Ian was fast to kneel down before me, taking me in his warm embrace. I clutched my fist onto his cotton shirt as I continued my sobs. I felt a gentle touch of a hand slowly stroking my back. I relaxed under his touch.

"I'm right here baby. We're all here." Jaebeom's voice was soothing as I looked up at him still stroking my back. I looked around to see everyone. All my seven men including Ian and Matt.

"I can't stay here. I have to move again." I was a mess. No one said anything in return, pretty sure they were shocked seeing me at that state. "Oh my god, mom!! I need to call her." I said in a panic while looking for my phone that was actually in my hand.

"Hey, hey.. Su.. Look at me." Ian pushed me away just slightly to face him and I obeyed to his demand but it was still all blurry. "I already talked to her and uncle Jinhee. They know what to do. But in order to do that, you cannot contact her. Not right now." My heart ached with fear, frustration and agony. The fear of being forced to go back to hell, frustration of that man always finding his way and agony at the thought of not being able to talk to my mom after I finally found her.

"We should leave now before he comes back." Matt tapped on Ian's shoulder. I looked up at him and he offered me a tiny smile. "Wish we'd meet in a better situation Su." I wiped away my tears and stood getting ready to pack my things. "Don't pack anything. Ashley will drop by later and do that for you. The man might still be outside, we need to move fast without attracting too much attention." I nodded. "Right. You know the drill. You'll leave with Ian and we'll all be right behind you."