6. New idea

It didn't take long for Taehyung and Jimin to realize that the walls in their flats were very thick and that they could carry only loud sounds. 

They stood with their ears sticking hard to their living room wall the second they heard the elevator ding that evening. They had to jump a foot back the second they heard a 'WHAT THE FUCK?!?!' from the other side, but that was all they heard, except for a few other curses and angry words that were thrown around. 

They spent the next one and a half hours on the floor beside their living room wall with a bowl of popcorn between them, trying to catch bits and pieces of the conversations that were spoken louder than necessary. 

All they caught was that a few members of the herd that had assembled in their neighbour's house were rappers and that almost all of them had really foul mouths. 

Taehyung soon got bored of it and decided to think about the plan for the next day. "Jiminie, you wanna try racing tomorrow?" he asked. "On the track?" Jimin asked, getting off the floor with the empty bowl in his hands. 

"Yeah" Taehyung said. "I wanna do horse racing this time" Jimin said. "Okaiie, not a problem. Also, I got a killer idea for tomorrow night" Taehyung said, opening the fridge to grab a can of beer from it. 

"Get one for me too, you rascal" Jimin said, throwing the bowl on the teapoy and flopping on the couch. Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked back to the fridge to get one for Jimin. 

"Right, so what's the idea?" Jimin asked. Taehyung wiggled his eyes mischievously before explaining his idea. 

"That would be wonderful if we don't fall and die!!" Jimin exclaimed. "Exactly!!! And we've done this enough times, I am sure we won't fall" Taehyung said, tucking his legs under him and making himself comfortable on the couch. 

"Yeah!! Let's wait for him to get out of his house and then do it" Jimin said. "Yeah. He seems to be young, though" Taehyung said. "Yeahh, I thought so too. Let's see. We'll see if there are any photos of him lying around in his house" Jimin said. 

"Yupp. Let's make that damn smoothie now. We have to swap the milk tomorrow, midgy. Don't forget" Taehyung reminded. "Of course not! Wait a second" Jimin said and quickly typed 'strawberry smoothie' in Youtube. 

"Here! I got the recipe!" Jimin said, getting out of the couch and walking towards the kitchen with his nose stuck to the screen of his phone. 

Smoothie was an utter disaster, but they had the time of their lives laughing about the whole mess. 

Morning came faster than either of them could imagine and the milkman was already ringing their neighbour's doorbell. They hoped the man would leave right after ringing the bell so that they could swap it before their Bunny Boy could open his door and catch them. 

Luck was on their side and they could swap the bottles before their neighbour opened the door. Seconds after Taehyung scrambled back into their flat, they heard a loud scream followed by a string of really loud profanities. 

Jimin and Taehyung had to stuff their fists into their mouths to stop themselves from bursting out laughing, seeing as their neighbour hadn't even closed his own door yet. 

They soon heard a loud "HYUNG!!!!" 

"THERE WAS SOME WEIRD LIQUID IN MY MILK BOTTLE!!!" 

"I DON'T KNOW!! I DON'T CARE!!! I AM GONNA HIRE GUARDS FOR MY FLAT FROM TONIGHT!!" 

"YEAH, I KNOW!!!!"

"I KNOW!!! BUT THIS IS NOT FUNNY!!!!" 

"FINE, FINE, I WON'T HIRE ANY GUARDS!! HAPPY?!?!"

"GET LOST!" 

They were a hair-strand away from bursting out and rolling on the floor with their hands clutching their stomachs. They were already vibrating violently with silent laughter. 

Their neighbour seemed to have finally realized that his door was still open. They heard a loud slam, followed by another long string of very loud profanities. 

They waited for another hour before getting ready for their plan. 

"Tae, are you sure? This distance is a bit longer compared to the other balconies we've jumped into" Jimin said once the two stood in their balcony, silently judging the distance between the two balconies. 

"Jiminie! It is literally at an arm's distance if you bend a bit. What happened to the daredevil that I knew?" Taehyung asked, walking closer to the railing to examine the distance properly. Jimin sighed and checked his pocket for the hairpin. 

"Let's just go" he said, sitting on the railing and carefully turning around to throw his legs over it to the other side. He carefully set his feet on the gaps between the stands of the railing and stood his ground firmly. 

He then held his railing with one hand and bent forward to hold their neighbour's balcony's railing. "Careful!" Taehyung exclaimed. Jimin didn't reply. He put all of his concentration in shifting his feet from his own railing wall to the railing wall of their neighbour's balcony. 

Once he stood firmly, he threw one of his leg over the railing. He gripped the railing harder and finally threw his other leg in. He sighed as he fell to the ground. "That was scary" he sighed. 

"Catch" Taehyung said, throwing him a small packet. Jimin caught it and beckoned to him to come into their neighbour's balcony. Taehyung followed Jimin's footsteps and finally found himself standing in Bunny Boy's balcony with a hairpin in his hand. 

"Time to put my lock-picking skills to test" he mumbled as he bent down to pick the lock of the balcony door. 

Ten minutes later, he straightened his back with a wide grin on his face. 

"Done" he said and slid the door open. 

The two of them stepped in and walked straight to the bathroom, eager to finish their work before their neighbour decided come back for some unknown reason.