38. Story time!

"Okay, so, settle down, kids. It's story time" Seojoon said, making Hyungsik, Bong Soon and Mr. Kim chuckle. 

Jungkook sat on a love seat and pulled Taehyung to sit beside him before he could go and sit with Jimin. Seokjin, Jimin and Hoseok settled on one of the smaller couches and let the elders occupy the spacious ones. 

"Okay, so, I'll start from the beginning. Hyungsik and I have been friends since our childhood. He is the only person I trust and I am the only person he trusts when it comes to this dangerous world. Of course, we trust our family, but that is a different story. 

After getting married, our fathers let us take over the companies. And we didn't trust anyone because it is really hard to know who to trust when you are the CEO of a huge company. 

Thus, as time passed, we didn't let anyone into our kids' personal lives except for ourselves. I had two girls and Hyungsik had one son. My older daughter was Park Jihyo and the younger one was Park Mina. Hyungsik's son was Jeon Junghyun. 

Junghyun and Jihyo fell in love with each other. We were more than happy cause that meant we didn't have to trust two different families blindly. Marriage would happen right within our family and we would just have to worry about one family" Seojoon said. 

"Yeah. But Junghyun did something without thinking and that made Jihyo divorce him immediately and fight for child custody. We don't wanna talk about what happened. Let it be a secret between your parents. Anyways, we won Jungkook over the custody and she won Jimin" Hyungsik continued. 

"We thought she would at least let the brothers meet, but as long as she was alive, she didn't even let us take the name of Jeon. She and Jimin even changed their last name back to Park. It was literally her dying wish that Jimin wouldn't go back to his father, now that she was going to die. So we couldn't tell you guys anything about it. 

My younger daughter fell in love with Baekhyun here. He was pretty trustworthy and after a while, I handed the company over to him as Jihyo had Junghyun back then. They had Taehyung around the same time that Jihyo had Jimin" Seojoon explained. 

"When Taehyung and Jimin were in high school, Mina and Jihyo decided to have a small break and went to that huge fair that was up in the outskirts. But that freak accident happened right when they were on the wheel. 

But they weren't up high enough to die on the spot. That's how your mother made her dying wish. One of the paramedics told us about it after we rushed to the hospital" Mr. Kim explained, looking between Jimin and Jungkook. 

"Ohh" Jungkook said and looked down. 

"Tae and Jimin were really devastated. It took a lot of time for them to get back on track. But because of Jihyo's wish, we couldn't send Jimin back to his father. So I took him in immediately. He was more used to being around us, anyways" Baekhyun said. 

All of them hummed. 

"As for Junghyun, like I said, he did it without thinking and by the time he came back to his senses, it was too late. He lost his wife and his older son. He couldn't live with the guilt and all and so he gave up the company and left home. So we brought Kookie up and I took care of the company until Kookie was old enough to take over" Hyungsik said. 

Jungkook nodded silently, starting to space out, looking at the floor. 

"And like we said, we still don't trust a lot of people. So when we realized that both Jungkook and Taehyung were gay and weren't interested in dating, we proposed the marriage" Bong Soon said. 

"But technically, we are cousins, right?" Taehyung asked. "Yes. But you aren't cousins legally. Also, like I said, we don't trust a lot of people and fortunately, we knew a trusted person whose interests swung in the same direction. That's why we proposed the marriage" Seojoon said. 

"I am glad you proposed it" Taehyung said, staring at his shoes. It took a couple of seconds for them to realize what Taehyung meant. 

While Jungkook turned red immediately, Seokjin and Hoseok began to cheer loudly, patting his back out of excitement. Jimin inserted his thumb and middle finger into his mouth and let out a loud whistle. 

The elders let the youngsters have a moment before throwing a wedding card onto the teapoy between the couches. The small thud of the card falling onto the teapoy shut the boys up immediately. 

"Ohh?!" Jimin exclaimed and snatched the card and opened it before any of them could stop him and started reading it. 

***************

MR. AND MRS. JEON HYUNGSIK 
and 
MR. AND LATE MRS. PARK SEOJOON

request the pleasure of your company 
at the wedding of their grandchildren

JEON JUNGKOOK

and

KIM TAEHYUNG

on THE FIFTH OF OCTOBER, TWO THOUSAND AND TWENTY

at SEVEN 'O' CLOCK in the evening.

Venue : BOTANIC WEDDING HALL,
282-3 Magok-dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

***************

"Oooooohhh, I am excited!!!" Jimin exclaimed, while Taehyung and Jungkook were busy trying not to blush in front of everyone. 

"Okay, guys. So write the addresses of all the people you wanna invite. We will take care of our relatives. You take care of your friends. You have only four days until the wedding. They will go by before you know it" Hyungsik said. 

"And you two!" Mr. Kim suddenly exclaimed, pointing to Jimin and Taehyung. "Jungkook will be marrying a dead body if either of you get drunk before the wedding" he said. 

The two of them shook their heads vigorously and wordlessly, staring wide-eyed at Mr. Kim. 

"Now shoo, shoo. Go to your room and do whatever you guys want. Let the elders talk" Bong Soon said, literally waving her hand in front of them to shoo them away. 

The five of them got up and rushed into Jungkook and Taehyung's bedroom. 

"I'll get a few gel pens from Harabeoji's room" Jungkook said and walked out of the room. He fanned his hands in front of his face and began to grin widely at the thought of the marriage being four days away. 

He rubbed his face roughly and let his head stay in his hands for a while before taking a deep breath to calm himself. 

'The pens!!' he remembered and walked towards Hyungsik's room.