47. The baby

Jungkook woke up to the continuous ringing of his phone. He groaned and cut the call and fell back asleep, but it rang again. 

"Who the hell?!" he muttered as he grabbed his phone and opened his eye enough to squint at the ID. 

"Harabeoji?" he muttered after answering the call. "Jungkook, get up and open the fucking door!" Hyungsik cursed, effectively waking Jungkook up with his curse. He was one of those people who never cursed unless something was really serious. 

It was then that he realized that someone was banging his door and ringing the doorbell continuously. 

He got off the bed with a frown and stumbled slightly before making his way towards the door. 

"What the fuck took you soo long?!" Hyungsik thundered, making him flinch. 

"W-What's wro-" "Oh my god, you got drunk too?" Hyungsik cut him off. 

"Y-Yeah.....wait....too?" Jungkook asked. He finally realized that Taehyung wasn't in the house. 'Where the hell is he? Did the two of them pass out at the club?' he thought as he looked around. 

"Taehyung and Jimin got arrested and are in a temporary cell right now. Freshen up and come to the parking lot. I'll be waiting. We need to hurry up" Hyungsik said. 

"Wait, wait, wait...j-jail....?" Jungkook asked, his eyes widening to a humanly impossible radius. "Yeah, some accident happened and they got arrested for driving drunk" Hyungsik said, running his hand through his hair frantically. 

'What the hell do you mean they drove drunk? What did my driver do, then? How did he let them drive drunk? Oh god, they drank even after I went to the club and they were already drunk by then! Oh my god, arres-'

"HURRY UP!!" Hyungsik bellowed, snapping Jungkook out of his thoughts and sending him into panic. He ran to the bathroom and popped a couple of painkillers into his mouth before starting to freshen up. 

He was out in a record time of ten minutes. 

"Harabeoji!!" he called out as he jogged towards Hyungsik's car. "Get in, get in" Hyungsik ushered him in. 

"Go, go, go" he hurried the driver once Jungkook got in. 

"What the hell happened?" Jungkook asked. 

"They were in an accident. But apparently, the accident wasn't their fault. They were almost about to become the victims. The other car came in the wrong direction and lost control of its brakes. Apparently, Jimin swerved to the left at the right time, but the other car went and hit a tree. 

There was a baby in the car. They managed to save the baby, but the parents died on the spot. Taehyung isn't letting go of the baby, so they are waiting for you to go and convince him to let him go" Hyungsik explained. 

"And how do you know all of this?" Jungkook asked. 

"They called Seojoon after reaching the police station and he called me" Hyungsik said. 

"We need a lawyer, don't we?" Jungkook asked. "The company lawyer can ta-" "No. I don't want the company lawyer to be involved in personal matters. Namjoon hyung is a lawyer. I will ask him" Jungkook said, pulling his phone out simultaneously. 

"Hello?" Namjoon answered the call almost immediately. "Hyung, I need your help! Taehyung and Jimin got arrested for driving drunk. Can you help me, please?" Jungkook asked. Namjoon remained silent for a few seconds. 

"Jungkook, you are my friend and I respect you, but I don't support driving drunk" he said. "I know, hyung! Bu-" "I'm not gonna change my decision, Jungkook. I'm not gonna support and fight for you when the mistake was on your side" Namjoon cut him off.