Byakuya x Ghost! Reader

-DURING THE KILLING GAME-

REQUESTED BY: @piouspotatoe

-MR MONEYBAGS POV-

"Don't die, idiot." I've heard that voice before, could it be..? No, they've been dead for 5 years, this situation must be messing with my brain.

Suddenly, a transparent version of Y/n who looks my age appeared before me. Nobody seemed alarmed upon the ghost's arrival so I assume that they are only visible to me. I excused myself to go to my dorm, so that the others don't see me conversing with what they think is the air. I decide to confront the aberration, "What are you playing at Monokuma?"
"Who in the name of the ToGaMi CoNgLoErAte is Monokuma?" The ghost asked
I cringed at his old expression that I made when I was younger. Yup, this was Y/n.

"I thought you were dead?" I coldly stated

"I am, dingus." they replied

"Ok, but why can I see you now?" I questioned

"I think it's because you're thinking about me more" y/n said while floating above me to (attempt) pat my head patronizingly. But they are a ghost so it just went right through my head, I shivered at the cold air.

"Awwww does Bwakuwa Towgawmi miss his DEAD fwiend." Y/n said putting an emphasis on 'dead'. I cringed yet again.

"Ok, but I haven't seen you in a while, do a little spin." Y/n said changing the subject.
I grumbled, with a light blush on my cheeks from embarrassment before doing an unenthusiastic spin. I saw Y/n put their hands over their mouth before saying, "My son is all grown up." with fake tears in their eyes.

"I'm not your son."  I said after scoffing.

{Time skip brought to you by Kaito singing Fly Me To The Moon to whoever you ship him with}

"What if I possess someone, 'Kuya?" Y/n said to me at the first trial, I wasn't able to properly respond so I gave them a thumbs down.
They poured, unsatisfied with my answer.
Cute. I thought- wait a minute. This is my best friend. Also they're dead so, if I even felt that way, it would be pointless.

[haha another time skip bc I'm lazy}

The killing game is finally over. We defeated the mastermind. We can get out of here and start a new future, full of hope and bring this world out of despair.

I look to Y/n, they're beaming at me. They go to give me a hug but since they're a ghost, it goes right through me. Everyone found out about Y/n during the second trial, they possessed me just to scold me about...what happened to Fujisaki. They ignored me until the next trial began, but even then they only spoke when they needed to bring up a clue or a point.

Since I can't hug them, I just offer them a genuine Togami smile. Not one I use in business meetings, or my smirk, an actual smile. They smiled softly back at me, but with a hint of sadness. I realized that they were fading, it was gradual but I noticed. I turned the corner and told the others that I needed to talk to Y/n, they understood so they went ahead.

"You're fading." I told them
"I can see that." They responded
"Why? Why do you have to go? It feels like I just got you back, why do you have to leave?!" I asked, I could hear the desperation in my own voice, despite trying to keep my composure.
"I-I served my purpose, I protected you during the game and lead you toward the right path. Just like...last time." They said, they weren't facing me, but I could see the tears in their eyes.
I didn't realize what they were talking about, but then I suddenly felt a wave of despair with a memory.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
"- A NEW CONTESTANT HAS JOINED THE ARENA, Y/N OF THE L/N HOUSEHOLD."

...L/n, wait why is Y/n here?! They have nothing to do with my family's conglomerate! I watch as Y/n helplessly tried to escape the guard's grasp as they throw them in the arena with my half siblings and me.

I've already formulated a plan, Y/n and I will team up and win together. I'm sure that they would be ok with splitting the company 50/50. Or if they don't let us win, I can sacrifice myself.
But before I can even make my way to Y/n, I see my siblings attack Y/n  like a pride of lions hunting down a gazelle. Y/n runs for their life, but they haven't been as conditioned as the Togamis have, they quickly catch up and trip Y/n, causing them to fall.

I'm frozen in place, nothing is registering in my head. I haven't even snapped back to reality until I hear the piercing scream of Y/n's agony. My half-siblings have left Y/n's body, leaving them on the ground. I run up to them, seeing their pink blood coming out of uneven gashes on their body.
I feel for their pulse, but there is none.

Now I have to win this, not for the Togami name, but for Y/n.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Y/n's tears and mine are now flowing freely, I didn't even realize we were hugging until I felt the cold wind that is Y/n's arms around my neck.
"I love you, blondie. Don't forget me." Y/n said, fading away and smiling weakly
"I feel the same way." I told them before they disappeared completely. Their radiant smile was the last I ever saw of them.

I'll never forget you, Y/n.

A/N: OK I DID THIS AND I HAVENT EDITED IT SO I'LL DO THAT LATER.
(For next chapter I'm thinking of doing a love triangle so comment which character you want to be simping for you)