part 23

Flashback

4 years ago

13 year old Deoksim was helplessly laying on that dark alley severely injured.She was bleeding to death in there.She was clutching her stomach painfully trying to breath.She patiently waited for her death.But she got startled when she heard a voice of a woman."oh my god!what happened to you kid?!"

Deoksim opened her eyes to see a beautiful lady crouching down to her level with worried eyes.But Deoksim didn't want her help.She was a stubborn shit.She quickly backed away when the lady tried to touch her arm."d-don't touch me!leave me alone!"

"I won't hurt you.I only want to help you"she said softly. But Deoksim only wanted to die there.

"I don't n-need your h-help!--"she couldn't speak anymore because of coughing blood.The lady got more worried.She quickly pulled her phone and tried to call an ambulance.When Deoksim understand what she is going to do,she quickly slapped her hand making the phone fly away.

"D-Don't!p-please,leave me alone"

The lady shook her head in denial."how can I leave you like this?!You will die!"she yelled in frustration.

Deoksim pulled her gun and pointed at her while standing up with her weak energy.She wobbled but she managed to stand up with the help of the wall.The lady was bewildered seeing a gun in a kid's hand.She also slowly stood up gulping hard.

"Leave the fuck alone me!or else I'll shoot y-you!"Deoksim threatened but she had no more energy now.Her legs were giving up.Soon her conscious started to leave her body.

When she was about to fall,the lady caught her body not letting the girl fall.Her eyes got softened seeing the little girl's condition.She carried the girl on her back to her house which was near the alley.She realized that it won't be good for the girl if people get to know about her.She called her friend who was a doctor and treated her secretly.

It took 4 days for Deoksim to gain her consciousness.But she wasn't happy when she saw the Sun light again.

"Oh you're awake!"Deoksim looked at the same lady from the alley running towards her with somehow happy eyes."gosh I was so worried.How are you feeling?"she asked sitting next to Deoksim.

In return Deoksim glared at her."why?why did you save me?!"she screamed. She sat up and messed up her long hair and screamed. "Ahhhhh!you fucked up everything!you ruined my life!"

The lady was dumbfounded seeing her like that.But soon she saw the pain in the girl's eyes.She quickly hugged the girl to calm her down.At first the girl struggled a lot to escape from the hug but soon melted into the unfamiliar yet soothing warmth.But soon Deoksim pushed the lady away but this time gently.She stood up without saying anything and left the house.The lady tried to stop her but Deoksim ran away immediately.The lady saw  her gun which was still in the nightstand. She smiled."You will come back again soon"

Days passed.As expected the girl showed up again.In a night.Sneakily snooping into the same room to search for her gun.But soon she was caught by the lady.

"Searching for something?"she asked with a smile.

Deoksim glared at her."Give it back to me"

"I will surely.But in one condition"

"What?"

"Have dinner with me"

End of the flashback

"And like that we got closer to each other"Deoksim said with a smile."I started to meet her a lot secretly.She always made me delious food.I was seriously a bitch to her at first.But I started to change.She made me change.It went like that for an year.Then she suggested for me to run away with her.She said that she'll look after me,she'll be my mother,will give me every happiness i deserve.I was really scared but she said she'll protect me and She'll run away with me every time they find me.I became greedy for her love and affection. I truly believed that she is my mother.So I agreed.We came to Seoul. As she said she gave me every happiness. She treated to me like her own daughter. Then she fell in love with the boss in the company which she worked for"......."I could never say no to her happiness. So when she asked for my permission to marry him,I agreed without a second thought"

Jongsuk was silently listening to her with an interested look.

"Everything was really fine.I really like my new family even though they never accepted me as their sister.But few weeks ago,the man I call father,found me again.He threatened me with my mother's life.So I had no choice but to work for him again"

Deoksim couldn't say what Jongsuk was thinking.He was in deep thoughts. "What about yesterday's night"he asked softening his voice.

"I ignored their orders for two days just to be with Yoongi oppa.So they punished me yesterday"Deoksim looked at Jongsuk who was expecting more to hear."T-They electrocuted me"

Jongsuk's eyes went wide.His mouth hang opened in shock.Deoksim sighed and lowered her head."I don't have any more things to say.But I beg you.Don't say this to my family. I-I promise that I'll never harm them.I truly love them.I only want to feel loved.That's it"

Jongsuk looked at her teary innocent eyes.They held the most innocent gaze he had ever scene.She was yearning for love.Is it a crime?to love and to be loved.How can this mafia girl  be this innocent?Jongsuk could say that she is a  broken mess.She is deeply hurt.A strong soul with a fragile heart.

"What if you're putting their lives in danger because of you?what will you do?"he asked the last question which was lingering in his head.

Deoksim gulped."I will never let that happen.I will leave soon.So they can live safely.I j-just want few more months.You don't need to worry about them.I promise to leave--"before she could finish,Jongsuk stood up from the couch and sat beside her.

"I'm not worried about them. It's Kim Dongwook's family. A top businessman in Korea with high security. If you're still not convinced,then listen. Kim siblings sometimes may appear as stupid silly boys.Specially that crackhead Jungkook. But they are highly skilled in martial arts.Uncle Dongwook made every boy do martial arts after he lost his daughter.He didn't want anything like that happen again to his remaining kids.So don't worry.They can protect themselves. But I'm worried about you"he said looking straight into her eyes."What do you mean by leaving them?where will you go?What will you do?hm?"

Deoksim sighed."you were pointing the gun at me a moment ago.But now you're worrying about me?"

Jongsuk chuckled."It was just to make you spill the truth.And now I got to know you.I guess"

"Do you believe me?"

Jongsuk smiled."Your eyes speak more than your words.I could say that you were sincere"

Deoksim shyly smiled.

"But I'm still gonna keep an eye on you.I still have to take time to fully trust you"

Deoksim pouted with his statement.

"You still didn't answer to my question. What do you mean by leaving them?To where will you go?"

Deoksim gulped.She avoided eye contacts. "Somewhere.Far away from everyone"

Before Jongsuk say anything,Deoksim stood up.

"I answered to your every question. Now I should leave"she said in hurry fearing that he'll force her to say the truth about her leaving.

Jongsuk understood that he shouldn't force her anymore.She said almost everything. He determined to know more about her in the future.

"Okay.I'll drop you to your home.come on"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

See ya later!

Vote and comment!