Thunderstorm

(Tubbo is scared of the thunder.)

Trigger warning: scared of the storm

---------------------------------------------------------

The rain pattered on the windows, making very little noise. It was morning but the sun hadn't risen yet, which I was okay with. I sat here, curled up on Tommy's couch with my bee plush, a blanket covered the lower half while another rested around my shoulders.

I closed my eyes, listening to the soft rain of the early morning. It was very peaceful.

Until a loud crack of thunder came.

I opened my eyes in fear, squeezing the plush tighter. I hated thunderstorms ever since I was a kid. I usually sleep through them, but because I was up, I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

A flash of lightning could be seen outside. I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the boom. A minute passed before the thunder stuck again. I let out a squeak.

That's it. I'm getting Tommy.

I pushed the blanket that covered my legs off, keeping the one on my shoulders. I grabbed the plush, not wanting to leave alone to face the storm, and got up from the couch. I walked upstairs to Tommy's room.

I knocked on his bedroom door, hearing a groan from the other side. I heard a 'come in' and opened the door. Inside was a wrapped up Tommy sitting on his bed, his phone lit up his face. I stepped inside and closed the door behind me.

I went over to the bed and climbed in his bed, knowing he was okay with this because I've done it many times before. I climbed under the covers of his bed and snuggled up next to him.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders as I laid my head on his chest. His phone light almost blinded me but I quickly adjusted to it, seeing he was on reddit. Typical.

"Hey man," Tommy spoke up. "You okay?"

I nodded, not trusting my words. He continued to scroll through Reddit, showing me memes. He rubbed little circles on my back that made my anxiety about the storm go away.

Well, at least for a bit.

A loud boom could be heard that shook the whole house. I squeaked and tightened my grip on Tommy, closing my eyes. God, how I wanted this stupid storm to go away. The light that from Tommy's phone went away as I felt myself being sat up.

"Hey, hey, hey," Tommy said. "You're okay, I'm here."

Tommy was able to slip his arm underneath my legs and pick me up, setting me down on his lap. With one arm around my back for support, he moved the other out from my legs and moved it to my face where he held my cheek.

"Hey, look at me please." I opened my eyes seeing the blonde.

"Okay deep breath, you ready?" He asked, I nodded.

He took a deep breath as I did the same. We held it then exhaled together. We did that a few more times. Once he felt I was better, he held me for a bit, running a hand through my hair.

"What scares you about the storm? Like, is there a specific part about it?" He spoke up after a few moments.

"The sound. I can deal with the lighting and I love the rain, but god, I would give anything to make the thunder go away." I told him.

He hummed, and reached over to his bedside table. He opened a drawer and pulled something out. He unfolded the object and placed something on my head.

"Tommy, what-" I realized I couldn't hear myself. The object reminded me of headphones but they are very comfortable, I must say. Tommy took the headphones off one of my ears.

"They're noise cancelling earmuffs. People usually were them at concerts but you can use them for the night." He said, smiling. He put it back on.

I smiled back at him as he kissed my forehead. I wrapped my arms around him and snuggled closer to him, if that was even possible. He rubbed circles on my back as I closed my eyes. Sleep overtook my body as I drifted away into a dream.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Hello my loves!

How are we today?

I hope you all are staying safe and well.

I have a ton of AU's planned for next week. I have at least two, maybe three that I'm super excited about. So, I'm very happy about that.

Also, I hit 200 followers last night! I'm so happy about that! And we are so close to 70k reads! Boys (and other genders) you guys are insane!

Thank you for all the love!

-Lexi<3