Hiding behind a mask

(Mask AU Pogchamp)

(Tommy wears a mask like Dream and Tubbo hasn't seen Tommy's real face yet.)

---------------------------------------------------------

"Everyone clear on the plan?" Wilbur asked, we murmured in agreement.

"Good, now, tomorrow, ten o'clock sharp. No excuses." He sternly said, picking up the map he had laid out on the table. He rolled it up and stuck it under his arm.

I sighed, taking my hands out of my hoodie pocket. Tomorrow was gonna be a long day and I was already stressed out about it. Everyone who was at the meeting, decided to leave, walking away from the table, going back with their daily duties. Only the important ones stayed.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see Tubbo. I smiled, through he couldn't see it.

"Hey man." I greeted.

"Hey Toms." He smiled. "You nervous about tomorrow?"

"Hell no, I'm the great Tommyinnit. I'm more worried about you than anything." I teased.

He rolled his eyes, "Please, I could easily beat you."

I pulled my sword out of my hilt, "You wanna go?"

"Boys." A stern voice said. I turned towards it, seeing Phil with his arms crossed.

"Sorry dad." I put my sword back in my hilt. He smiled at my actions and turned back to Wilbur.

Tubbo snickered, "You got in trouble."

I glared at him, "Watch it."

All he did was smile. I ruffed his hair so he knew I was messing with him. He put out his arms, gesturing that he wanted a hug. I wrapped my arms around his middle and pulled him to my chest. He wrapped his arms around me and buried his head into my hoodie. I looked down at him and smiled, adoring the boy.

He let out a relaxed hum, letting me know that he felt safe. I started to sway us side to side.

"Awe, look at you two." I could hear Phil say.

I glared at him, not letting go of Tubbo, "Be quiet, old man."

"TOMMYINNIT!" Wilbur yelled. I'm in deep shit now.

My eyes widened in fear as I turned back to Tubbo, who was now looking up at me, worry in his face.

"Um..." I said, trying to think of how to get out of this. I turned us around so we faced the group of adults, who did not looked pleased, and showed them Tubbo.

"You wouldn't hurt me with a Tubbo, now would you?" I said, hoping it would work.

Wilbur laughed, "Nice try. Tubbo won't always be here to save you. Both of you, to your room please."

"Okay," I said, looking down at Tubbo. "Come on bubs, we gotta go."

He whined into my hoodie, "No..."

I sighed, "For fuck sake."

I lowered myself and grabbed ahold of the back of Tubbo's knees. I pulled him up and he wrapped his legs around my waist so he could hold himself steady. He snuggled more into my chest, giving me a hum.

I smiled at the boy, saying goodbye to the adults. I went to our shared room and placed him on my bed. He let go of me, through he didn't really want too. I went over to my drawers, knowing that I needed to check my gear.

"Hey Toms?" A quiet voice asked.

"Hm?"

"Um...uh..." He stumbled over his words.

I turned to him, "Don't be nervous, just ask. I won't be mad."

He took a deep breath, "Why do you still wear your mask around us?"

The question hung in the air for a moments before I could fully understand it.

"What?" I asked.

"I just...I understand around others. But in here...I just don't understand why you need it." He asked, careful of his words as not to upset me.

I sighed, "I...don't really know. I think it's because you haven't seen my real face yet."

"That's right. I haven't." He admitted. We sat in silence for a moment before I walked over to him. I sat on the bed next to him. He was fidgeting with his fingers, a nervous habit. I grabbed his hands, making him look up at me.

"I'm not mad, Tubs." I said softly.

I brought his hands to the back of my head. I let his fingers feel the clip of the mask.

"Push the button." I told him. He pushed it. The mask fell off my face as I closed my eyes. I don't know who was more nervous.

<>

The mask fell off of Tommy's face. He let go of my hands as I examined his face. His eyes were closed but a smile laid across his face. His cheeks were a little bit pink, I couldn't tell why through. His fluffy hair laid on his forehead.

After a moment, he opened his eyes. His eyes are so blue. I smiled at him, I cupped his cheek, running my thumb over his cheekbone.

He chuckled, "What do you think?"

"You looked like shit." I teased.

"Hey!" He pushed my shoulder, making me laugh. He grabbed a pillow and wacked me with it.

"Hey!" I yelled, giggling.

"You deserve it, bitch." He joked.

I grabbed a pillow, "You are so going down."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Hello my loves!

Happy December everyone! It is snowing where you guys are? It's not here but it is very cold.

Tomorrow is gonna be a shit show in the SMP so, I'll be uploading later in the day.

I hope you all are having a wonderful Tuesday and I'll see you tomorrow!

-Lexi<3