Chapter 27: The Investors Gala

************

:please bear with the story

:comment & VOTE

************

The Investors Gala

Jin Lulu, the daughter of the Jin Investment Firm, likes Gu Hai's stubborn attitude. She likes to play with guys who had a different attitude. So when he learned about Gu Hai, she makes sure that her dad will allow him to be her husband-to-be. Her dad then makes a business plan with Gu Hai's dad that he will invest fully in their company if Gu Hai will marry Jin Lulu.

After months of pursuing Gu Hai, and with the fall in the stocks of the company, Gu Hai left with no choice but to marry Jin Lulu.

Si Hu is worried to his boss after knowing Gu Hai's decision. "Boss are you sure you're going to marry that woman? Aren't you waiting for Bai LouYin?"

"Will you please stop saying that name. My blood boils whenever I hear his name." Gu Hai felt devastated that it's almost 3years already and Bai LouYin did not even give a damn to contact him. He always drops by to Uncle Bai but there is no news about him. Even when Grandma Bai and Grandpa Bai died last year after heavily falling ill because of their age, Bai LouYin did not also appear.

*****a flashback with Grandma Bai

"Da Hai..." Grandma Bai touches Gu Hai's face. "I know you hate Yinzi for leaving you but I also know you love him. I know he loves you too. If he went back... don't forget to love him again..... ok. And tell him, grandma loves him so so much." Grandma Bai's last word to Gu Hai. Gu Hai cried a river when he heard grandma's last wish for him to look for his grandson, Yinzi, and always love him. But her grandson did not even visit her when she died. It hurts Gu Hai a lot being a proclaimed grandson also of the Bai family.

***********************

"But I feel you're still thinking of him. You're still in love with him though it's almost 3years since he left. You will not be like this if you're..." Si Hu is cut by Gu Hai.

"Don't even dare to continue with your words or else I'll fire you right now." Gu Hai threatens Si Hu.

"But Gu Hai, I'm also a friend. I know you're still longing for him. What if he came back tomorrow and he found out you're engaged already, what will you do?"

"I told you not to speak anymore. Pack your things and leave the car key in my table. You can leave now."

Si Hu took the car key from his pocket and leave it on top of Gu Hai's table. "Before I leave, please remember that once I step out of this room, I'm not your assistant anymore... but you can always call me anytime... as your friend."

Si Hu leave Gu Hai who cannot move from his place where he is standing after being left alone. YuChang also tender his resignation last month though he is already a project manager himself. He just said that he cannot take it seeing Gu Hai looking miserable and he will look for Bai LouYin even if it's at the farthest place of this world. He saw how miserable Gu Hai is but he also knows that Bai LouYin is more miserable after leaving the person who loves him the most. It may be a lot of pain for someone who was left behind but there is also a pain for those who left.

...ring...

...ring...

Dad is calling...

Gu Hai pick-up the phone. "Hello dad."

"Gu Hai your mom already sent someone to bring you your suit for tonight. They may be on their way to the hotel right now. I will send you your hotel suite information so you can just come there and get dressed with the team your mother hire to dress you."

"But dad I can manage myself. Just tell that to mom."

"Son... you know that this is an important event for our family. Your mom might just want what's best for you. Beside from this night for our investors, it is also your engagement party, so it will not be a trouble dressing up."

*****At the hotel room.

Gu Hai came an hour before the gala. After having his shower and a little pampering, he is assisted to get dressed in a black suit. Until he saw an odd object. "What is this for?" Holding the mask in his hand.

"Ooh! Sorry sir, did they didn't tell you that the gala's theme is a masquerade." One of the staff said.

"I don't want to wear it." Gu Hai protests.

"But sir, everyone in the gala will be wearing a mask. If you're not going to wear it then you'll be easily recognized and madam (Gu Hai's mom), might fire us also. This party is a kind of revelation knowing that beside from the people investing in your company, tonight is also the announcement of your engagement."

***a few inches later***

Gu Hai found himself wearing his matching black mask walking inside of the gala hall. He is with his family and the Jin family and they are only waiting for few of the other investors to come and one of them is the Jiang Group of Company, a leading company in the Asia-Pacific region.

"Where are you going? The party is about to start." Jin Lulu asks Gu Hai who stands up from his seat.

"I'm just going to the comfort room." Gu Hai answers.

As Gu Hai walks out of the hall, he witnessed the entrance of the most gorgeous person he saw in his entire life. A man shorter than him with just a few centimeter, enters the hall like a god dress in all white. He is wearing an all-white suit including a white mask covering his face. Gu Hai feels as if he also floating in air seeing the man walks in. The man smiles as he enters the hall and because of the smile Gu Hai felt as if his heart beat again after dying for 3years. He cannot forget that smile... "Only one person in this world can wear that smile... only one... my baobei." Gu Hai talks inwardly.

Gu Hai walks closer the man in all white and greets him. "Hi!" Gu Hai offers his hand for a handshake. "I'm Gu Hai from the GW Group... may I know your name please."

The guy handshakes with him and said... "Timmy Jiang... Call me Timmy, the son of the Jiang Group of Company."

Gu Hai's tears flow inside his mask right after hearing the voice of the man in front of him. It's the voice he will not get tired of hearing in this lifetime. The hand, when his skin gets contacts with his hand he can feel a familiar touch from this person.

"Yinzi..." Gu Hai utters as his tears flow making his mask wet all of a sudden.

"I think you're calling another person." Then Mr. Jiang is about to go as he turn his back to Gu Hai but Gu Hai pull his hands.

"No... baobei..."

******************

******************

:please bear with me as I did something with the story.

******************