ONE

"Five wounded! Two unconscious with severe burns. One with a deep cut on the left leg, he's losing a lot of blood."

The stretchers glided through the stark emergency room to their destinations while the nurses gathered around the EMTs to gather as much information as they could. We usually didn't have this many come in all at once, something big must have happened.

Nonetheless, we could handle it.

"Bring the burn victims to room seven. I can get started on them." I stated, grabbing the end of one of the stretchers and splitting it off from the rest of the group, "Send the doctor my way once you've got that bleeding under control."

With a quick nod between all of us, we all went off. Each of our quirks were better suited for certain injuries. Mine happened to be the most helpful with the burns.

My tennis shoes squeaked across the tile as I helped pull the patients to the designated room.

"What happened?" I asked the young EMT hurrying next to me.

"There was a robbery. I guess the bank employees complied but the crooks set fire to the place anyways. The heroes barely got them out in time." He answered.

Rushing into the room, we gently set up each patient with an IV and oxygen before he left. I took a look over each of them, assessing what needed to be done.

"____, can you do it? I know it's been raining all day. Don't you need the sun?" Another nurse, and also my friend, Seiko questioned, peeking their head through the door.

I slipped off my plastic gloves and nodded, "Yeah, I can do it. It'll just make me a little exhausted, but I'll be okay."

I approached the unconscious older lady and placed my hand on her chest, closest to her lungs.

They're weak from the smoke. I can feel it.

"Ma'am, I don't think you can hear me, but this might feel a little intense." I warned.

I took a deep breath and began.

After a few moments, her skin brightened up. The dark red burn wounds on her shoulders and arms dulled and shrunk in size. The short quick breaths she was taking before slowed and became fuller. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Hello ma'am? You're at the Musutafu hospital. Can you tell me your name?" I asked softly, waving Seiko to come in and take over so I could go over to the other patient.

"I-I had it under control..." The older lady mumbled, looking a bit dazed, "Those heroes..."

Somewhat confused, I continued, "Uhm, nurse Seiko here is going to help you out now. Let them know if there's anything you need okay? But I'm sure the police will be by soon to ask you questions about the incident."

"Those burns look a lot better! Can you tell me your name?" My friend began, nodding to me that they could take it from there.

I walked across the room to the other patient laying there completely out. This one was a male probably in his mid thirties. His burns were much worse than hers, it was going to take more work. After sanitizing my hand, I repeated the process I had done moments before.

I blinked hard, trying to focus on his face, but everything was starting to double.

"S-sir, can you hear me?" I asked out of breath, grabbing on to the stretcher for balance, "You're at the... the, uh... hospital."

To be honest I wasn't even really paying attention if he was responding. Before I realized it, my knees got weak and I was on my way face first towards the floor.