Chapter Four.

I look at the keys in my hand and try not to freak out. I am finally living on my own. I am officially a college student. While I walk back to my dorm the image of the shirtless boy with the tattoos enters my head. I tell myself not to think about him. When I put the key in the lock, the door opens and Trish steps out "I'm going out don't wait up for me." she says with a smile and takes off with Leah. "Have fun" I yell through the hallway. When she's gone I take a good look around. Trish her side is covered with posters of bands and pictures of her and other people I don't know. She painted her side of the room red. I don't like it much, but she does. She also has these red lights on the ceiling that I saw on Tik Tok.  I'm glad we have a little kitchenette. It's small but has enough space to store some snacks and drinks. I put some music on and start to unpack. After I unpacked my clothes and put them in the closet I make my bed. I put all my books on the shelf above my bed. When I am done unpacking all the things I sit down on my bed. It doesn't really feel or look like my place yet, but that will come when I decorate. Trish on the other hand has gone overboard with the decorations. Most of it is all crap, although I like her big mirror. I am already bored and I just got here. I decide to watch some tv while I figure out where to find the closest grocery store. I found Walmart is not far from campus. I have to take the bus there, but I don't mind. I just don't feel like going out for dinner. I'll eat a ready-made salad or something and watch some tv. By the time I changed into a pair of jeans and a sweater it's 6.00 clock in the evening. I grab my bag and walk over campus to the closest bus stop. I arrive after twenty minutes at Walmart. I decided to hurry up and only buy the things I need. When I've paid for the groceries I walk out with two bags full of food. I didn't do a great job at not buying everything I want. I take the bus back and arrive after thirteen minutes at the campus. It's a long walk to my dorm block with two bags full of groceries and some other things. When I'm finally back I unpack the groceries and put them away. I am glad we have a mini-fridge, it wasn't in the brochure. I have enough snacks for a whole week of watching movies with Eliot. I turn on the tv and eat my salad. When it's 11.00 a clock I decided to change into my pajamas and crawl into bed. I text Eliot "Hey, are you home yet?" He is quick to respond "Yeah, I just got back from dinner with your mom." What why would Eliot have dinner with my mother. This feels weird I hope he didn't tell her about the joint thing. "How was it?" I text back hoping to get an explanation. "She made macaroni cheese. It was fine." He and my mother are too close this makes me uncomfortable. "Are you unpacked?" He asks. "Yeah, it doesn't quite feel like my place, but that will come when I decorate it," I tell him. "Great, what did you have for dinner?" "I had a salad from Walmart," I tell him. "How is your dorm mate Trish?" "She isn't here. She went out just after you left." "Are you all alone." What doesn't he get I already told him she isn't here. This irritates me he is already judging her. "Yes, I am alone, Eliot." I text back. "Are you okay by yourself?" "Yeah, I'm fine. I am going to get some sleep." I text in annoyance hoping to end the conversation. "I miss you already." He replies. "I miss you too, but I'm really tired." "Good night Rachel." He texts back with a kiss emoji. "Sweet dreams, Eliot" I replied to him. I turn off my night light and slowly fall asleep.