Chapter Five.

When I wake up it's 10.30 in the morning. I take a look at my phone to see I have two text messages from my mother. I am not going to reply just yet. First I am taking a shower. Trish is still gone and I actually don't care. I gather my toiletries, towel, and a clean set of clothes. When I enter the shower room I'm surprised boys and girls aren't separated. The showers are separated by a small wall and a shower curtain. I feel a bit uncomfortable, everything is out in the open. Literally, everyone can come in here and expose my naked body in the shower. I hang my clothes on the hook outside the shower. Put my things in the shower rack and hang my towel on the hook in the shower. It takes a while for the water to heat up, but I suppose that's normal. Every time I hear people come in the showers I squeal. My mind starts to overthink everything that could happen. I just have to get used to it.  When I'm done showering I put my hair up in a towel dry off and change into my mom jeans and purple sweater. When I'm back in my room Trish is sitting on her bed with Leah and a boy she introduces as Kevin. "Hey Rach," Trish says with a smile. Leah doesn't say anything and Kevin gives me a beautiful smile "Goodmorning Rachel." "Morning guys," I say to them. "Rachel, we're going to the mall do you wanna come?" Trish asks. "Ahm I was going to see the campus and the library and maybe get a bike," I say to them. "Come on Rachel it will be fun," Kevin says with a grin on his face while he touches my hand. His act scared me but I don't pull my hand away.  "No, thanks guys maybe next time," I say in the nicest way possible. I do need to make friends, so I will come another time. "Fine, I'll see you this afternoon or tonight," Trish says and walks out the door. Kevin and Leah following her. I put my stuff away and decided to grab some lunch. I take my bag and go find the library first. It takes me a while before I found the huge building. When I enter my eyes go wide. It's so big and old it has chemistry. I run my finger over the books until I found one of my favorites. I take  "Lady Susan written by Jane Austin" I have read it before, but I'm still so excited. I make my way out of the library while opening the book and reading the first few pages. I check out with my library card I got for free by the way. I walk to the closest coffee shop. It's very crowded, but I don't mind. I order my double espresso latte and a grilled cheese sandwich. I walk over campus to find a nice quiet reading spot. After a while, I found a park and take a seat at one of the picnic tables. While reading Lady Susan I eat my sandwich which tastes great. After reading for one hour what feels like a short time my phone rings. It's my mother. Shit, I forgot to text her back. I quickly answer the phone "Hi mom." "Hi, sweetheart how are you?" She asks politely. "I'm fine. I went to the library and picked out some books." I tell her. "That's great hon, what are you doing? Have you had lunch yet?" "Uhm yes, I am actually eating a grilled sandwich and reading a book in the park." I say to her. "That's nice. So you found a good coffee place?" She asks. "Yeah, I did. And a good reading spot. I went to Walmart yesterday and got some groceries. We have a mini kitchenette." "Wow hon, that's nice. You are lucky I didn't have that in my dorm." "Well mom, that was like eighteen or twenty years ago." I say a little annoyed. "Yeah, your right sweetheart." She says while I hear somone talking in the background. "Honey, I have to get back to work. Did you call Eliot?" "No, not yet. I will call him soon. Bye, mom." "Bye honey.Love you." she says and I hang up the phone. It's 5.00 in the afternoon. I should get back to my dorm. I stand up gather my things and walk back to the dorms. When I'm in my room I make a list of things I have to do. The first thing on my list is making my dorm homey then get a bike and later a car and as of last some new winter clothes. Just when I'm about to change into something comfortable and make some noodles Trish comes in. She has three bags full of clothes and a little bag from Bath and Bodyworks. "Hey you, how was your day?" Trish asks with a smile. "Yeah, actually pretty fun. What did you get?" I ask her curiously. "Well, What did you do all day?" She asks while showing her new things. What I can barely call clothes. She got this dress which is seen trough and laced, not something I would pick. "I went to the library and had lunch. Then I went to read in the park and then I came back here." She looks at me with a huge frown then says "Well, if that's what you call fun. You should come with me to a party. I'll show you what fun is." "I don't think that's a good idea. I was going to stay in tonight and face time with Eliot." I tell her. "Oh boring. Rachel, it's Saturday night and you're in college come on. You should at least come to grab a bite to eat." I am hungry though and it would be nice to go out I think. I can face time Eliot after. "Fine, I'll come." "Yay, great. Kyle will come to pick us up." she says while clapping her hands. "Who is Kyle?" I aks her a little nervous. I thought it was going to be me and Trish. I guess I thought wrong. "Kyle is a friend. He's coming to pick us up and Kevin is coming to." "Uhm Okay, Where are we going." I ask her hoping it's a decent place with good food cause I'm starving." "We're going to a dinner called Fitz Delmar. But we mostly just call it Fitz dinner." Before I can respond the door opens. Kevin and a blond tall guy walk in. I assume the tall blond one is Kyle. To my surprise, he has no tattoos. And he is wearing trousers and polo. This guy is so different from Trish, Leah, and Kevin. He greets me by shaking my hand while saying "Hi, you must be Rachel." "Guys Rachel is coming to." Trish says happily. "Great, it's going to be fun. Are you coming with us to the party?" Kevins says with a big smile on his face. "Uhm no just to grab a bite." "I'll just take you back after." Kyle says waiting for me and Trish to get ready. "Yeah, that would be great thanks." I say to Kyle in the nicest way possible. I quickly take my denim jacket and purse before leaving my room with Trish, Kyle, and Kevin.