Chapter Nine.

The week has gone by quickly it's now Thursday and my mother is coming for dinner. I'm in my last class off today and Logan is sitting next to me. It's really quiet and my Female English professor is really sweet and I think she likes me. Just when she starts her class the door opens. This tattooed boy with brown hair walks in and takes a seat in the back. When I take a good look I see it's Justin staring at me with his green eyes. I quickly turn around and face the professor. I hope he didn't see me looking. Logan noticed my odd stare at Justin. Although I'm glad he doesn't know Justin. Logan didn't say anything about it and I'm glad he didn't. "Well, maybe our newcomer Mister Price can answer my question." the professor says looking in the back. I look around to find this Mister Price. "Uhm, I mean If you ask me. Love is just in our heads. It is an idealistic bond between two people who are in love with the idea of love. I think that there is not a specific language of love that's just a stupid thing people made up. " I see it's Justin answering the question. What is he saying, he's talking nonsense "That is one side of how you can see it. Thank you Mister Price." the professor says and goes on with her story. When class is finished I walk out with Logan and Justin joins us. He glares at Logan which makes Logan leave after he told me goodbye. "Hi, I didn't get your name," Justin says with a grin on his face. "No, you have to urn it," I say in annoyance. He laughs like it's funny then says "Well, then don't tell me I'll give you a name myself." He says and smiles at me. "Fine, do what you want," I say and walk away from him, but he follows me and grabs me by my arm. Which makes me turn around to face him. Were only inches apart and my heart leaps at his touch."Just tell me." He bags. "No, I will not. I have to go." And quickly walk away and this time he doesn't follow me. By the time I get to my room, my mother is waiting outside. "Hi, sweetheart. How are you?" She says while hugging me. "I'm fine. How long have you been here?" I ask her while opening the door for us. I enter my room and put my school stuff away. My mother takes a seat on my bed and looks around. "Well, hon it looks uhm nice." she says with difficulty. I know she doesn't like it, but I don't care cause I do. "I will make the place homier," I say to my mother. "Yes hon you should." she says with a polite smile. "Well, what are we going to do? I found this cute Italian place where we can eat." I say. "I thought we could go shopping and get you a haircut," she says with wide eyes. What is wrong with my hair, but then I remind myself that she always finds something to comment on. Or doesn't agree with how I look. I could use a haircut my hair is getting long. "Fine, are we going ?" I ask and grab my bag."You should fix your hair and change into something for dinner." She says convincingly. It's always the same thing. I don't look good for her or she thinks I look like a slob. There is always something that isn't right or good enough my hair, clothes, my behavior, my choices. And like always she suggests I fix my hair and change into something chicer for dinner. I seriously don't see what needs to be fixed because I'm getting a haircut anyway. When I'm done fixing my hair and changing into my red maroon dress that ends just above my knee. I grab my purse and red suede jacket and open the door for my mother. I lock the door behind me and follow my mother to the car. I'm sitting in the chair while the hairdresser brushes through my hair. My mother is on the chair next to me, so she can control everything. I was thinking about having curtain bangs cut and some layers. I tell the hairdresser and she nods while beginning to make my hair wet. When we're out of the shop my mother looks satisfied and I'm happy with how it looks and feels. It's too late to go shopping now, so we're just going to find someplace to eat. We found this Mexican restaurant a few blocks from the hairdresser shop. I take the spicy beef tacos and my mother is taking an avocado salad. As a dessert, we both take the caramel flan and a latte. The flan tastes delicious it's a bit like pudding. And I am loving it. We talked about my classes and finding a car. We also talked about Eliot and maybe me joining the literature club. But she didn't agree to that of course she wanted me to find an internship and a car first and get my grades up to at least C's. I know I have to find an Internship and I will. But I do need to find a car otherwise I would have to take the bus there. I come back from my thought when my mother stands up to pay the bill and we walk out. I had fun tonight. The car ride back to my dorm is quiet. When we get back to my dorm it's 8.30 in the evening Trish is watching some tv. My mother doesn't bother to greet her. She gives me a quick kiss and hugs me before leaving. I close the door when she's gone. "That was weird, did I freak her out again." Trish says. "Yeah it was a little bit and no I don't think so." I say with a smile. "Nice cut. It looks good even a little sexy." Trish says with a grin on her face. I don't really know how to respond. I don't think it's sexy at all. "Thanks." "How was dinner with your mom?" Trish asks while zapping through channels on the tv. "It was fine I guess. We ate at this Mexican restaurant. The food there was amazing." I tell her. "No I mean how was your mom? " she says while laughing. I told her about how controlling she is and how she pressures me to be perfect and is always criticizing me. That's probably why she's asking. "Oh yeah. She was actually nice and we had fun. Although she didn't like the locks they cut, I like it. We had a little disagreement about me joining the literature club." I tell her. I hope I didn't make my mother look like a total mean bitch. Well, she is most of the time, but she can be nice if she tries. I know she means well, but it just doesn't feel like it. "Well, your mother is a fool cause it looks great on you. I like it. I am going to hang with Leah, so don't wait up for me." She says while I grab my toiletries and pajamas. "Okay, I'm taking a shower and go to bed early. Have fun." I say while watching her change into some shorts and a crop top. I see she noticed me looking and I quickly look away and walk out of the room to the showers. It's busy in the showers. I close the curtain and hang my toiletry bag on the hook. I wash my hair and my body from head to toe and run a razor across my legs. When I'm dry and dressed into my pajamas I walk to the sink and brush my teeth and hair. I am too tired to blowdry my hair, so I'll just leave it up in a bun. I walk back to my dorm and Trish is already gone out. I crawl into my bed with the book "After" as I start to read I can't stop myself to go to sleep. I find myself still reading at 12.30 in the night. I hear the door open and quickly put my book away and turn around. Trish and Leah are coming in and have a wild makeout session on Trish's bed. I can't stop myself and slowly turn around to see Trish is taking of Leah's top and whispering "You look so hot tonight." I am crazy stop watching Rachel. I tell myself, but can't help it I am so curious. After watching them for a few seconds I turn and put a pillow on my head to stop hearing them. I slowly drift asleep.