Chapter Two.

The next morning I wake up to my Favorite song "I wanna dance with somebody from Withney Housten" I set as an alarm. Today is the day I am officially moving to the Washington Danforth University campus. I jump out of bed and jump on my bed and dance around in my room. I must look like a crazy person, but honestly, I don't care. I change into my yellow dress my mother picked out for me the day I got my invitation. I would have picked something else, but she insisted I wear this dress. I quickly curl my hair and plug my eyebrows before going downstairs. I need to look my best today. I've had this day exactly planed out on the minute since I heard I got in. I have been working my whole life to get where I am today. My mother went to WSU as well but she didn't finish because she had me. I am actually fulfilling her dream. Only I am studying to become a doctor. Deep down in my heart, I've always wanted to be a writer, but my mother always said it's difficult to make a living as a writer. She never approved of it. I mentioned it once that I would love to become a writer, but she was quick to tell me otherwise. My father would have encouraged me, but he isn't here and she wants what's best for me.  So now it's just a dream. And I always wanted to help people. So it thinks this is a good choice for me. When I'm done curling my hair just like my mother likes it I go downstairs. Where my mother is making breakfast in the kitchen. I grab a cup of coffee and sit on the swing outside in the garden. My mother joins me "Good morning Rachel." she says. "Morning mother." I say to her. We just sit there for a while listening to the birds in the garden. Then she says "Eliot is driving we'll leave around noon this afternoon." "Fine, I have to pack one box." I tell her. After eating my breakfast muffin she made, I go upstairs to finish packing. I taped the last box shud and carry one downstairs. I am only taking four boxes and a laundry basket with linen. My mother is making snacks and sandwiches for the drive when Eliot walks in "Morning college student." he says with a big smile on his face. "Good morning. How did you sleep?" I ask while hugging him. The scent of his far too strong perfume fills my nose and I am actually going to miss that scent, just like the boat shoes he literally wears with everything. "I slept great how about you?" He asks. "Well, I slept fine. Can you carry the last box downstairs? I will get the pillows." I say while walking up the stairs. He nods and follows behind. He looks around in my room "Wow Rach you're actually leaving. You took all our pictures. I am going to miss you." he says with sadness in his eyes. "Of course I take all our pictures. And I am going to miss you too, but I am only four hours away. We can still do everything we used to do." I say to let him know we'll be fine. "Yeah, I know and we can figure out that face time thing you were talking about," he says with joy on his face. "Yes, and you can come over every time you want." I tell him while grabbing the pillows from my bed and putting them into a bag. Eliot is already downstairs putting everything in the car while I say goodbye to my childhood bedroom filled with good memories and some bad ones too, but I try not to think about them. When I come down, the car is packed and my mother is taking the last sip of her third cup of coffee this morning. "Do you have everything?' she asks. "Yes, mother I have everything I need." I say to her for the sixth time this morning. "Do you have your toothbrush charger, hairdryer, curling iron, flashlight, candles, extra pair of shoes?" she says completely stressed and worried. "If she forgets anything I can always bring it to her," Eliot says while entering the room. 'Yes, mother I have everything and I am not going on a camping trip so I doubt if I need a Flashlight." I say to her hoping she will stop worrying. "The car is all packed and we're ready to go," Eliot says to me and my mother. My mother is doing a last-minute room check before we leave. As Eliot and I take a seat in the car waiting for my mother, Eliot's parents say goodbye to me. When we drive of Eliot's parents are waving us goodbye. Eliot and I are in the front and my mother already fell asleep in the back after thirty minutes. It's not a long drive from Clinton to Campus, but I am getting a bit sleepy. While thinking about my dorm and dorm mate I slowly fall asleep. I wake up to the creaking of sandwich bags. "Rachel do you want a sandwich?" My mother asks. I see Eliot is already eating one, I wonder what time it is. It's 3.30 in the afternoon which means we're almost there. My heart leaps at the thought of it. "Rachel do you?" My mother asks again since I didn't answer her. "Yeah, can I also get some water?" I ask. My mother gives me a sandwich and water. "We're close, do you see the signs." Eliot says in excitement. I look out the window while eating my sandwich.  "Five minutes until we're there." Eliot shouts sharing my excitement. We are so close I am getting nervous now. I've already seen a few signs from campus. After a few short minutes, we drive through the big gate.