Chapter Forty.

If he had a suspicion he would never ask. He is not like that, he would give me a chance to tell him. But what is there to tell. Justin and I had a special connection nothing more. At least that is, what I tell myself. I think everyone that was at the party now knows it. Eliot parked the car as close to my dorm block as he could. We stumble up the stairs to my room together. I'm trying to think of something to break the ice here. And now of all times, I can't think of one thing, which isn't like me. I'm a talker I always have something to say.

Finally, in my dorm, I tell Eliot what to do, cause I can't do it myself. I'm sitting here on my desk chair with my foot on a stool with some ice on my ankle. Eliot is sweet enough to clean a little and he makes me some tea. I decided to break the ice and start a conversation about what happened. "I'm sorry I pushed you. I was just trying to end the fight. I didn't want you to get caught in the middle."  "Yeah, I sure got that. But why? You don't even know the guy? And why did they get into a fight in the first place." Oh my gosh, why does he ask so many questions? I now see I didn't think this through.

"I do know the guy and so do you. He is in my English class and my history class."  "No, he isn't. Is he the guy from Friday with your mom?" Eliot asked amazed. "Yes, he is. And we have some kind of friendship now. He is friends with Trish and he is kind of nice sometimes."  "Rachel I thought we agreed that you weren't going to hang out with those people again. They aren't good for you. You just saw what happened tonight."  Here comes his judgment. Which I really don't want to deal with tonight. "I mean it was nothing. I just tried to end the fight before someone got really hurt."

I try to end the conversation cause I'm already over it and I just can't stop thinking about Justin. Is he alright? Is he still hurt? Where is he? Is he still bleeding? Does he need my help? What is he doing? He was drunk and alcohol and an angry Justin are two bad things together. After I changed into something more comfortable Eliot and I watch my favorite tv show. He fell asleep after only two episodes, me on the other hand. I'm awake and I can't stop thinking about Justin. My phone lights up. I climb over Eliot out of my bed and grab it from the dresser.

It's a text from Trish saying "Hey, are u okay?"  I text her back saying "Yeah, I'm fine now. It isn't as bad as It looks. Are you guys still there?"  She is quick to respond "Yeah, it's just me Riley, Chase, Kevin, and Kyle just showed up."  Clearly, Justin isn't there anymore otherwise she would have told me. Just when I wanted to put my phone away it goes off. It's an unknown number. I take a few seconds to decide if I'm going to pick up or not.

Later that night. "Hello.. ?" I can hear someone breathing on the other end of the line. But how did they get my number? Who is it? Is it Justin? Could it be Justin? "I can hear you breathing. Is it you?"  Nobody is answering me then all of the sudden the other end of the line hangs up. That was weird, but something in me is telling me it was Justin. I can't put together how or why, but I just know it was him. Without thinking I go looking for Eliot's car keys. I only know I need to find him and my leg doesn't hurt that much anymore.

I grab the hoodie Justin left on the floor and put it on.  I found Eliot's keys and quietly leave the room and close the door behind me. I just need to find him. I need to know if he's okay. I quickly jog toward the parking lot looking for Eliot's car. It's 2.00 am and there are still people outside. While driving out of the parking lot I'm trying to think of where I need to look first.