Chapter Three.

My eyes go wide, it's huge. I see all these teenagers and parents dropping their children. Everywhere I look there are people. Eliot parked the car in the huge parking lot outside my dorm block. "We're finally here Rachel." he says. "Yes, honey we are. Let's find your dorm should we." my mother says while grabbing one box. Eliot carries the heaviest ones. I carry the laundry basket with linen. My mother and Eliot follow behind as we walk to my dorm block. I'm glad I studied the map before coming here. I look at my dorm registration it says C-8. When we enter the floor where my dorm should be, my mother noticed that this looks like the man's department. I tell her this is what the paper said, it has to be here. When we find dorm C-8 I doubt if my mother is right. When I open the door, a shirtless guy is lying on the bed on the right side of the room. My mother looks very confused and even a little angry. The guy looks up at me and is surprisingly handsome. His torso and half of his left arm are covered in tattoos. I think he's also wearing an earring, but before I can see it. The guy is yelling "WHAT THE FUCK are you doing here. Get out." "Sorry, I thought this was my dorm." I say totally in shock and confused. He laughs and says "Well, you thought wrong, girls are downstairs." And of course, my mother is quick to respond and say "Come on Rachel we are going straight to the housing office and away from this ill-mannered boy." Eliot is standing behind my mother with wide eyes and his jaw practically on the ground. "Mother please, don't make a scene," I say to her hoping it would calm her. "Well I have manners, but just don't want to use them so FUCK OFF." the boy yells whit an English accent at my mother. Eliot looks at the shirtless guy sitting up in his bed. And I can't help but stare at the shirtless boy and the water drops that fall on his torso from his wet hair. I manage to say "Sorry." to the boy before my mother takes me by my arm walking out of the room. Eliot follows behind us closing the door. I can tell my mother is already regretting letting me stay in a dorm. But we didn't have the money, so she had no other choice. My mother doesn't mind knocking on the door before entering. She is really angry about this whole situation. When we enter the room, a man is sitting behind a desk looking confused and angry. This is understandable when someone storms into your office like that. My mother starts yelling at the man while waving the paper in front of the man's face.Eliot was smart enough to wait outside with the boxes and stuff. The man apologizes three times for the mistake they made. He looked in the system and found out there was a mix-up. I am actually in dorm B-12 with Trish as my dorm mate. The man insisted on personally taking us to my dorm and he gave me a free library card to make up for it. The free library card calmed my mother's anger a bit which is good. I want to enjoy this day with the most important people in my life. When we're finally there he gives us the key and walks away after apologizing for the fourth time. I open the door. When I enter the room I hear loud music and look around to see two girls sitting on a bed. The room smells of weed, alcohol, and sweating teenagers. I think the girls are playing some kind of card game, but I'm not sure. My mother and Eliot follow behind me. When the girls notice me they stand up, the girl with the big poofy brown curly hair greets me with a hug and says "You must be Rachel right? I'm Trish." I am totally caught off guard by her hug "Hi, yeah that's me. This is my mother and Eliot" I say and pull away from our hug. My mother looks afraid and angrier than she already was, but I am just glad Trish is nice. "When I heard my dorm mate was a freshman I thought boring, but then I thought we could have so much fun. I am going to be your best friend and teach you all the good things about being in college." Trish says with a smile on her face. I smile at her while she introduces her friend as Leah. Leah is wearing tight jeans and a white crop top where her breasts almost fall out. I see Eliot looking at her chest with wide eyes and his jaw practically on the floor. I give him an elbow and giggle a little. My mother storms out of the room and I follow her into the hallway.  "Mother please don't make another scene today." I say and I can tell she's trying her best to keep her voice down, but she isn't doing a good job at it. "Rachel these girls will distract you and I don't want that for you. You need to focus on school and finding an internship. Not going to parties or drinking." Everybody in the hallway is staring at us, but my mother doesn't really care and keeps talking and is almost yelling "Rachel these girls are bad news. I want you to change dorms."  Why is my mother always so worried. It's like she doesn't trust me. I laugh at her and her crazy thoughts "Mother do you even know me? I hate parties and it's me we're talking about here. Don't worry I'll be fine." My mother looks at me and then nervously laughs "Yes, your right, but if anything happens you change dorms okay?" "Yes, mother fine." I say to her glad that this horrible embarrassing situation has come to an end. When I walk back into my dorm Eliot is sitting on the empty bed.  I take a seat next to him "Are you okay?" I ask him. "Yeah, I'm fine are you?" He asks. "I'm fine now." I say to him while grabbing his hand. "If you want I can get you a fake and we can get you into all the good places." Leah says while playing with her long bleached hair. "Yeah, even without it." Trish says with a smile. I can see Eliot is totally confused and he doesn't like Trish. But I'm glad he doesn't say anything. "No thanks. I don't think parties are for me." I say to her with a smile and am glad my mother isn't here to hear what she just said. Well, Eliot is probably going to tell her anyway. He is too close to my mother. Sometimes it's good, but he just tells her everything. "Well if you want to we can always get you one." Trish says and touches my shoulder. "No I'm good, but thanks." I hope she'll let it be now. Just when my mother walks in Leah offers me a hit of her joint. "No, no thanks." I quickly turn down her offer hoping my mother didn't notice. Eliot seems like he lost his words. When my mother is back with my pillows and another box. "Eliot we have to go if we want to be home before it gets dark." She says to Eliot. My mother hands me the keys and of course, she doesn't say goodbye to Trish and Leah. "Yeah, sure." Eliot says to my mother. Eliot is overwhelmed by everything, he only says bye and doesn't look at them, and immediately follows my mother out of my dorm. "I'll be back in a few minutes." I say to Trish and then run after my mother and Eliot. My mother gives me a quick kiss and hug. " I am going to miss you so much. I'm so proud of my babe I love you." she says before going in the car."I will miss you too. I'll call you when I can."  Now it's just me and Eliot standing in this big parking lot. I don't want to say goodbye to him, but I know I have to. Eliot steps closer to me and grabs both my hands in his and says"Rachel you finally did it. I am so proud of you and who you have become. I've tried to postpone this moment, but here we are. I am going to miss this. I mean us I am going to miss you." "I will miss you too. I love you." I say while he presses a kiss on my cheek." It hits me. I won't see Eliot every day and I'll miss his smile and beautiful blue eyes. I will even miss his soft cardigans, his strong scent perfume, and the happy socks I give him every year with Christmas. My mother takes me back from my thoughts with her honking. Eliot lets go of me and gets in the car. I watch them as they drive away.