Chapter Forty-one.

I made and a little list of places to look in my mind before I entered the road. 1. The end of summer party 2.The frathouse 3.His dad's house and 4.The football field. I wrote a note for Eliot saying "I won't take long. Don't worry. PS: I stole your keys ; )" I remember the way to the party and it's a short drive. Within fifteen minutes I drive up the lawn.

I quickly walk toward the campfires and the people still sitting there. Lucky for me there aren't many people here which makes it easier to find him if he's here. I walk by the first group of people but there is no sign of him there. My heartbeat is slowly raising like it knows he's around here somewhere. I decided to ask a girl who is making herself a drink at the booze table.

She hasn't seen anyone in the description I gave her. She was nice though, but also a bit drunk. I follow the weird sound that's coming from behind the bushes. I can feel my heart beating in my throat. Then there he is sitting against a fence. He immediately stands up when he hears the twigs crack under my feet. He looks like I scared him while sneaking upon him. "What are you doing here. Shouldn't you be with your perfect little boyfriend?"

He asks furiously while he sits back down. My intuition is good I found him in the first place I looked. "I should, but I am not. I couldn't sleep not knowing if you were okay. So I just needed to find you." "Well, you found me and I'm fine." He says trying to pretend he is fine which I can see, he is not. He can't pretend with me I can see right through him. He is trying to hide his face with his hands, but he isn't fooling me.

I know his face is beaten up and his knuckles are bruised and covered in blood. He is not fine. "Hey, look at me. I care about you let me help you." "No, I don't need your help. Go back to your precious boyfriend," he yells angry. "No, I don't want to. I came all this way to find you. And you're being a total dick to me again." "So what now? Your tone implies that I'm supposed to care, but why should I? You're taken so there is nothing for me to care for."

I can't believe my ears right now. Is he jealous? All this stuff about not dating and being in a relationship. I kneel beside him. He quickly slides his leather jacket under me. "You look nice in those yoga pants and my hoodie." He says and smirks. I knew he would like it if I wear it and it's also really comfy. "Well, thanks and now let me look at you please." "Fine."

Friday early in the morning. He says while lifting his head to look me in the eyes. I take a look at the deep cut in his eyebrow, then I take his hands in mine and take a look at his bruised and swollen fingers and bloody knuckles "Well doctor Lane what do you think of it?" He says trying to make jokes, but I'm not in the mood for jokes. He is really hurt but doesn't feel it yet because of the alcohol.

"Why did you have to do that?" "Because that dude was making a move on you and your clearly didn't want him to. He had it coming. And where was your boyfriend then huh?" He says trying to make a point I don't understand. "I walked away from him okay. I needed some air so I joined Trish" "You mean you needed to get away from Eliot and may god know why." He says laughing. "No this isn't funny. I just don't know why."

Of course, I know why, but If I told him why we would be fighting now. And what's the point of that when he made it clear he doesn't date. If I would say it out loud, it would become real and I have tried so hard to fight it, it would also complicate things more than they already are. "Yeah sure. I think you know exactly why. I think we both know why." He says with a double tongue trying so hard not to sound drunk. Which isn't working.