18

The donor van drives away once Benny and Reagan got to the school. Benny pants as he places his hands on his knees. "Seriously? I ran for nothing?"

Reagan gives him a look. "Who sped us to the school?"

"Benny! Reagan!" They turn their head to find Ethan and Sarah.

"Ethan! You hung up on me!" Benny exclaims.

"Later! We have vampire nurses to deal with." Sarah explains.

"Of course there is." Reagan huffs while Benny says, "Vampire nurses? All right. That's worth running for."

"Wait. Where's Rory and Erica?" Reagan questions.

"We figured out they were planning on robbing the truck," Ethan says. Benny pulls up Rory's tracker to see he was moving, fast.

"Rory's on the move--and fast. He's either flying or..."

"Or he's on that truck!" Ethan finishes. "And Erica's probably still with him."

"They're in danger," Sarah says.

"Vampires are super territorial," Reagan adds.

"We gotta grab our gear and go after them-- fast."

*

"Look what I found." Reagan and Benny turn to Ethan's computer. "These blood-sucking nurses have over 30 towns on their route. They've been running this scam for years. But they wouldn't run much longer if everyone knew they weren't real nurses."

"We can use that information against them." Reagan nods. "Good thinking, Eth."

"You mean, like, to bore them to death?" Benny asks. "Could work. Anyway, we gotta go--now. Rory and Erica are in trouble, and I think Sarah's downstairs eating all of your frozen meat."

Reagan sniffs the air. "Oh, she definitely is."

When they arrived at the location where it said Rory and Erica were, they spotted the donor van. "They don't need to know. It's not like these two noobs would put up much of a fight anyway." One of the nurse vampires says.

"Maybe they won't," Sarah spoke, she and the others walking out of the shadow.

"But we will," Reagan smirks.

"You." Ethan nods, raising his water gun. "That's right. Us!"

"And me! Too. I'm-I'm Benny. We met earlier. I'm the one who didn't pass out." Benny jokes, pointing at Ethan. He receives a slap on the chest by the Sullivan girl.

"Benny, get to Erica and Rory. We'll hold them off." Ethan refers to him and the two female vampires beside him. Benny nods before running over to the van. "Mostly Reagan and Sarah." 

Reagan and Sarah step forward, their eyes glowing gold and their fangs pop out, the two vampire nurses doing the same. Reagan takes the pretty blonde while Sarah takes the strict one. 

"Come on, gorgeous. Let's see what you got." Reagan taunts. The vampire nurse hisses before bringing her fist towards Reagan, who easily blocks it by ducking before quickly getting up. The vampire nurse tries to then raise a leg, blocked by Reagan again. 

"Not bad for a newbie vampire." The vampire nurse pants. "But doesn't seem to catch the eye of a certain boy now, does it?" Reagan looks at her confused, but still standing her guard. "You think it isn't obvious? The way your heartbeat increases when you hear his voice, the way just seeing him brings your day better?" She chuckles. "It's just sad that he'll never feel the same." 

That last sentence seemed to surprised Reagan, giving the vampire nurse an advantage to swing her fist, colliding with Reagan's face. The Sullivan girl stumbles, feeling the fresh blood on her lip. She ignores it as she feels herself getting angry.