09

Reagan was at her locker when she hears with her super hearing Ethan and Benny entering the hall. She turns her head to see Benny holding a box in his hand, the box was moving and light growls were coming out of it.

She approaches her friends. "Do I even want to ask what you dorks did now?" As they were silent, she looks over at Benny, who was trying to keep the box still. "What did you do?"

"I am going to reunite that hottie with something she loves deeply," Benny explains as he motions over to Della, who was by the lockers. 

"Of course you would do something that stupid for a girl." Reagan rolls her eyes.

But Benny, on the other hand, smirks. "You sound jealous. Are you jealous that I am doing something sweet for another girl, Reagan?"

A small blush rises to Reagan's cheek. She clears her throat. "N-No. You do whatever you like. I don't care."

Benny makes his way over to Della, his two friends staying at their spot, waiting for him to fail miserably. 

"Just tell me. What are you and dumber-you up to this time?" Sarah questions Ethan from behind them.

"I'm just as clueless as you are." Reagan sighs.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about." Ethan nervously smiles.

Sarah then begins to explain to them how she was attacked by a skunk the day before.

"Look, all I did was help Benny, um..." He pauses as he glances over at Reagan who had her arms crossed. "... 'rescue' an innocent girl's dog."

In the background, they heard Della speaking to her dog, Puffles, who was growling at her. She soon runs away with Puffles on her trail.

"She didn't even say thank you!" Benny groans before chasing after Della.

Eventually, everything went to chaos as animals went wild and tried to attack everyone. The trio was able to meet with each other and run back to Ethan's house. Once they got in, they slam the door, holding it back.

"Is it just me, or did that squirrel look about ready to eat our eyeballs?" Benny asks out of breath. 

"I think it's time we call in for some magical backup," Ethan tells them.

"I agree." Reagan nods.

"What? N-No. If Grandma finds out, who knows what she'll do to me?" Benny exclaims. "Listen, if the potion did cause this, then it'll probably run out of gas."

"Wait." Reagan turns to Benny. "Potion? What potion?" She looks between the boys who had fear in their eyes. 

Benny nervously chuckles. "Don't worry, R. The worst is over," Benny tells her as they take a seat on the couch.

The news reporter on tv was talking about the vicious animal attacks until a familiar turtle bounces on him, attacking his eye.

"That's Tiberius!" Ethan exclaims, pointing at the turtle on the tv screen. 

"No!" Reagan and Benny exclaim.

"Yeah!" Ethan nods.

"But that's crazy," Benny says.

"He ran away when you were around 8," Reagan adds.

"We have to talk to your grandma--now," Ethan says to Benny.

"C-Couldn't we just email her?" 

"Is there something you twits want to tell me?" The three best friends scream at the sound of Benny's grandmother's voice.

Reagan was quick to stand on her feet. "I had nothing to do with this."

Behind her, Benny and Ethan scoff at how quick she was to rat them out while Benny's grandmother smiles at her. "I know you weren't. You're too smart for that."

*

"First, we brew enough anti-potion to douse all those demon critters you created." Benny's grandmother, Evelyn, explains as they were in her spell room.

"All I did was spill a few drops where the dog was buried!" Benny exclaims.

"A few drops is far too much!" Evelyn says. 

"But why are they so evil?" Ethan questions.

"You reanimated the bodies but the souls have moved on." Evelyn answers. "And a body with no soul is a demon's playground."

"Even if this brew works, how are we going to track down all the undead critters?" Ethan asks.

Evelyn grabs a flute that was on her shelf and holds it out, the teens examining it. "Once the demons hear this enchanted flute, they'll come running, but you better be ready."

Benny grabs the flute from his grandmother's hand. "Don't worry, Grandma. I will not fail you!"

"Nout you, Einstein." Evelyn grabs the flute from the boy's hands. "I need you here to help me with this brew. Reagan and Ethan can do it." She hands Ethan the flute. "Start at the site of the spell, and then work your way back here."

"Wait... tonight's my dad's dinner with his new client. Mom will kill me if I miss it." Ethan looks over at Reagan. "And Reagan promised to help me out tonight."

Benny looks between his two friends, completely unaware that Reagan was going over to Ethan's house to help with the dinner. Then, he turns to his grandmother. "Well, if they can't do it, and I can't do it, then who's gonna play the stupid magic flute?"

"What's you little blonde friend up to?" Evelyn asks the three.

"She's right." Ethan smiles before looking between his two friends. "This sounds like a job for..."

"Vampire ninja!"

Evelyn chuckles at the three best friends. 

She was glad to see Reagan and the boys back together as a trio. She was definitely glad that her grandson has been happier lately ever since she came back into their lives.