23

"I can't believe they shipped your eternity cage without the key!" Benny says as he and Ethan walk down the halls to their locker. "Now how are we going to play Warlock Phantasm?"

"Benny, keep it down!" Ethan whispers. "I'm trying to attract a girl, not the whole chess club, Speaking of girls, how's Operation Reagan?"

The night before, the two boys decided to help each other in getting the girl they wanted. Benny pretended to be Sarah while Ethan pretended to be Reagan, in hopes that either one of the boys knew what to say to their crush. 

"I have no idea what I'm going to do!" Benny complains. "Whenever I'm around her, I just get nervous, especially after she kissed me on the cheek. On the cheek, Ethan! That's a step closer than ever. All I want is to tell her how I feel without clamming up."

"Hey, boys." Benny lets out a noise as he hears the Sullivan girl's voice behind him. Reagan chuckles at the boy and his jumpiness. "Hello to you too, Benjamin." Her face crunches up as she smells an awful smell, her head turning to Ethan.

"What is that awful stench?" Ethan gives her a look as he held out his cologne in his hand. "This is Hormonio. It's musk. It's supposed to tap into a woman's primal nature." 

Reagan coughs at the strong scent. "That is definitely... something. If I were any other girl, I would stay away." Ethan ignored her comment as he hands Benny the cologne and shutting his locker. 

"Okay, here it goes." He adjusts his clothes. "I'm just worried that she'll laugh in my face." Reagan immediately knew that he was talking about Sarah.

"She probably will." Benny agrees. "But that gives you one less thing to worry about, right? Joking?" Ethan doesn't respond to his best friend as he walks down the hallway away from the two. 

"Well, if he is wanting to tap into a girl's primal nature, he better find a different solution." Reagan comments, patting Benny's shoulder before walking away to head to class. 

"Taps into a girl's primal nature, huh?" Benny questions himself, staring down at the cologne in his hand. He reaches into his bag and pulls out his spellbook. "Love potion! Bam! I'm about to increase my odds with Reagan by 5000%, along with Ethan's."

*

"Strike out?" Benny questions his best friend, who leans against the locker beside Benny's.

"Chickened out." Ethan corrects. "That was my second guess. Don't worry. DJ Benny B's spinning mad spells all night long."

"What are you talking about?" Ethan asks while Rory joined their conversation. Benny held up the bottle of cologne at the two boys. "A simple concoction of your dad's cologne, some of our pheromones, and the pee of a couple of ticked-off slugs. Voila! Love potion number Ben." Benny explains.

"I'm in!" Rory exclaims while Ethan shakes his head. "You can't always resort to-- wait, how did you get my pheromones?" He questions. Benny shushes him as Reagan, Sarah, and Erica enters the hallway.

"Targets acquired. Babes are in range." He looks over at the three girls walking towards them, mostly Reagan.

"Hey, ladies. What do you say?" Rory questions the three. "Drop dead, geek?" Erica shrugs.

"Easy, babe, easy." Erica shakes her head before looking at Sarah and Reagan. "Nothing personal. I just don't like hanging out with geeks."

"I just wanted to see if you three wanted to try out this new Dusk perfume." Benny held up the bottle and Erica's head whipped around. "Wanna try it?" Erica bounces as she nods while her two friends beside her declined.

"Please? Just one little spritz?" Erica grabs the bottle and sprays it on herself, the two other girls catching a whiff of it. Their eyes widen as the scent and each of them ran over to one of the boys. Erica to Rory. Sarah to Ethan. Reagan to Benny.

"Hey there, handsome," Erica flirts with Rory, leaning against the locker. The blonde-haired vampire quickly responded by flirting back.

Reagan grabs Benny's hands with her own, brightly smiling at the boy. "You know what I've always loved about you since kindergarten? Your eyes. They are memorizing. I could stare into them all day." Benny was speechless as the girl fiddles with his fingers.

"There's also something I've been wanting to do for a while..." Before Benny could question what she meant, Reagan grabs his collar and smashes her lips onto his. Benny was still as he was mentally freaking out.

Ethan's eyes widen as he watched the sight of his two best friends kissing. "Ethan! Stop paying attention to Reagan! You're going to make your girlfriend jealous." Sarah smiles. "Girlfriend?"

"I love your skinny little arms!" Erica smiles at Rory.

The bell rings which causes the two teens that were kissing to separate from each other. Reagan smiles as she ran her thumb over Benny's bottom lip.

"Oh poo." Erica pouts. "Will you miss me?" Rory excitedly nods.

"See you later, handsome." Reagan winks at the still frozen boy as the three girls walk away. Erica quickly stops as she forgot to give back the perfume. She throws it to Benny, but he ends up dropping it on the floor.

"What just happened?" Ethan asks with a smile on his face. Benny slowly turns with a grin on his face. "I. Kissed. Reagan!" He fist-bumps the air. "I can't believe it! The girl I've been in love with actually kissed me. I don't ever want to wash my lips again."

*

"I just have one thing to say." Benny starts as he, Ethan, and Rory sat on the couch in the student lounge. "I am a mega genius! I did it! I tapped into the love center of their brains and now they love us!"

"Dude! Reagan kissed you! At this rate, you'll get the girl of your dreams!" Ethan exclaims. "Awesome, dude!" Rory adds.

"Don't worry, fella. It'll happen to you guys soon." Ethan scoffs at his best friend's comment. "I've kissed a girl before."

"Cousins don't count."

"Dude, I told you I didn't know, okay?"

*

"That was the best day ever!" Benny says as he and Ethan enter the Morgan boy's house, plopping all of their flowers and chocolates onto the kitchen table. "We're like movie stars!"

"No, more like rockstars!" Ethan corrects.

"Hello, boys." The two boy's smile fades as Evelyn appears in the kitchen. Benny stutters as he tries to wipe off the lipstick marks on his cheeks.

"Grandma. Sweets for the sweetest grandma ever? Take two!" He held out the box of chocolate.

"Drop it, Drake." She interrupts her grandson. "Tweedledum has told me what you did." Benny pretended to look confused until Evelyn held two fingers at Benny, causing him to tell the truth.

"I made a love potion and accidentally dropped it and now all the girls in school love us," Benny confesses.

"Love potion? The one on page 72?" Evelyn questions. Benny chuckles as he remarks about how his grandma was able to attract his grandpa. Evelyn grabs a yo-yo, swinging it in front of Benny's face.

"Here's the thing, boys. Nature is all about balance. Brainiac here upset the balance. You swung the pendulum all the way to goo-goo eyes and giggles. But when the pendulum swings back..." She swings the yo-yo and hits Benny in the face.

"Ow."

"That's what I'm talking about. The more those girls love you, the more they're gonna hate you. Now, how strong was the potion?" Evelyn asks.

"Sarah bought us matching cardigans." Ethan answers. "Reagan bought me a whole store of flowers." Benny answers.

"Yep, you're toast," Evelyn tells the boys. While Benny begged for her not to punish them, she shrugged them off. The two would get their punish, but they would not receive it from her.