04

"Excuse me, misses."

Reagan and Sarah turn their head to the sound of Ethan's voice, and he had his head out of the window as Benny drove the car. 

"Do you happen to know where the vampire party's at?"

"Okay, I'm acting crazy because I got bit. What's your excuse?" Sarah chuckles.

"It's something you'll get used to," Reagan whispers to her.

"Well, if we're going to that party, someone who can drive should do it," Sarah says as she pulls Benny out of the driver's seat.

Reagan opens the door to the backseat and Benny enters on the same side. The two were squished together since there were lightsabers' hogging the seat next to them.

Benny felt his hands get clammy as he thought about being so closed to the girl he loved while Reagan's cheeks flush pink at the same thought.

Sarah and Ethan glance at each other with a smirk on their faces as they could feel the tension between the two teens in the back.

*

When they pulled up at Jesse's house and parked on the side of the street, Sarah and Reagan hop out.

"Okay, you guys need to stay in the car, got it?" Sarah tells the boys.

"No way! We ca--"

"Just stay!" Reagan shouts. "Please. We'll be back as soon as we can with Erica and Rory." Reagan lightly smiles.

"But we can--"

Sarah eventually got annoyed, so she hissed at the two of them, causing the boys to flinch.

"All right, got it," Ethan says.

Reagan and Sarah look at Benny.

"I actually wanted to stay in the car, so..."

The girls glance at each other before nodding and heading into the house.

When they got it, they searched around the crowd full of people in hopes to find Erica and Rory. Making their way into the kitchen, they found Erica next to Jesse's friend, Bobby, his arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"Well, look who finally decided to show up," Bobby smirks at the two. "I guess Wes talked some sense into you two."

"Oh, yeah. We had a real heart-to-heart." Sarah replies. "Actually, we need to talk to Erica."

"Alone," Reagan adds.

"So, now you have time for me?" Erica questions.

"No, it's cool." Bobby slides his arm off of Erica. "Be my guest. I'll go find Jesse. He'll really want to know the two of you are here."

As Bobby walks away, Sarah grabs ahold of Erica's arm. "Come on. We're not safe here. We have to get out of here now."

"You sound like my mother," Erica tells her. "Don't worry, party-pooper. It's not like I'm going to give in to peer pressure. Besides, nobody here is even drinking."

"Not yet." Reagan scoffs.

"Look, I know it sounds crazy but a couple of weeks ago I got bit by a vampire and now I'm a fledgling." Sarah tries to explain.

Erica nods before snorting. "Wow. You really expect me to believe that?"

"I swear. If we don't get out now, we'll never get out like... ever."

"Okay. You sound like something from Dusk." Erica tells her friend.

"Fine. I'll prove it to you." Sarah sighs.