38

Reagan sat on the sofa in the living room with her aunt as they watched the news.

"A large, scaly creature was spotted lurking outside a Hunter Hills home two nights ago." The news reporter says.

Margaret sighs. "Let me guess, you and your friends?"

"Wrong." Reagan laughs. "My boyfriend."

A smile forms on her aunt's lips. "Benny, huh? So you two are doing good? Have you said the 'L' word yet?"

Reagan looks away as a blush rises to her cheeks. "Yeah actually. A couple of weeks ago. He was the first one to say it -- beat me to it, though."

Margaret chuckles. "You two were always competitive. I can just imagine how your guys' relationship is."

The girl opens her mouth to speak when the ringing of her cellphone cuts her off. She and her aunt look down to see Benny's name pop up.

"Better answer that," Margaret sang before exiting the living room. Reagan rolls her eyes before answering.

"Hey, B. What's going on?"

Benny nervously laughs on the other line. "So, we may have just found out some new information regarding our alligator friend."

"And what's that?"

"... It seems like our alligator friend has a friend of its own, meaning they're breeding. And now we need you to come to help us."

Reagan groans. "Benjamin Weir, when this is over, you're gonna wish you never made that potion."

*

When Reagan arrived at Ethan's house, she and Benny stood behind the Morgan boy as he was hacking into the phone's location. Sarah and Erica looked bored from what was happening.

"As long as Erica's phone is still in the alligator's stomach..." Ethan begins until Benny cuts him off.

"Then we call anyone who got eaten, and find out where they were!" Benny exclaims. "I can hack into the satellite and pinpoint the exact location of the alligator," Ethan says.

"And... voila." Ethan waits for recognition from his friends when he nears nothing. "Oh come on! No reactions? That was a lot harder than it looks."

"That thing's working its way up into Hunter Hills mansion country." Sarah points out as she looks at the map.

"Very high class. Lots of hot tubs." Erica comments.

"That was 126-bit encryption I just hacked through!" Ethan complains.

"I thought it was awesome," Benny says, giving his best friend a high-five. 

"Wait, where was Heather last seen?" Sarah asks. "Tad McGillis's mansion."

"That's it! Where else would a tropical sewer-dwelling lizard be able to make it through the winter? Under a hot tub!" Ethan realizes.

"Isn't Tad having another party today?" Erica questions.

"Yeah, a pool party." Reagan nods.

*

"Are the costumes really necessary?" Sarah asks the boys. As Sarah, Erica, and Reagan walk on the front lawn, the boys walked behind them.

Ethan, Benny, and Rory were wearing some type of clothing a person would wear when hunting alligators in a documentary. 

"What? We need to be prepared when we get down and dirty with this croc." Benny defends.