06

As Benny flipped through his spellbook and Reagan looking over his shoulder, Ethan and Sarah were in the front, Ethan thinking of a plan to help save the premiere.

"So the cubile animus kind of acts as a soul-vacuum. Jesse must be trying to capture 219 souls tonight." Ethan explains, turning to Sarah. "Then somehow trade them to bring back all of his old followers."

Sarah groans. "Soul-for-soul. It's so evil. I can't believe my first kiss was with him."

Reagan and Benny both look from the spellbook and look at each other in surprise. Ethan, on the other hand, his eyes widen. "He was your first kiss? But you're seventeen! I mean--you're so pretty and--"

Ethan stops as the two in the backseat snicker to each other.

Sarah, who didn't notice, shrugs. "I don't know. I guess I just wanted my first kiss to be memorable."

"Well, mission accomplished," Ethan tells her.

While Reagan gave Ethan a knowing look, Benny groans beside her as he gives up on looking through the spellbook.

"Grandma failed to mention that this book isn't even in English!" He complains, leaning his head back against the seat.

"I mean, Reagan speaks different languages, and she's smart. She could figure it out." Ethan says.

"Even though that was a sweet compliment and a confidence boost, I may speak Spanish and two other languages, I have no idea what this is saying. It could be Latin, but I'm not sure." Reagan sighs.

"Don't worry, we'll figure it out." Benny looks over at the Sullivan girl, and she smiles at him.

Sarah parks as she pulls into the movie theater. "Well, this is it. Erica and I waited a whole year for this advanced screening."

"That's really lame." Benny comments.

"Just read your magic book, dork," Sarah tells him.

Ethan looks over and sees the bouncer. "The bouncer over there looks like one of them. You think he recognizes us?"

"Well, we aren't going to take that chance," Reagan spoke. "I know another way in."

*

As they enter through the back door, Benny spots a spell in his spellbook that he believed would work. "Hey, guys, check this out. If I'm reading this correctly, there's a spell here that makes all vampires just vanish."

Reagan turns to the boy and looks at the spell. Regardless of not knowing what it said, she had a gut feeling that it wasn't the right one. "Benny, I don't think--"

"Ferebat sententium neoventis ex!" Benny chants before the spellbook vanish from his hands.

Reagan's eyes widen before she groans. "¡Tienes que estar bromeando!"

Despite the situation they were now in because of Benny's mistake, he couldn't help but think of how hot Reagan sounded with her accent as she spoke Spanish.

*

"It's finally time to avenge our ancestors," Jesse says to the group of vampires.

Sarah and Reagan, who were hiding behind the side of the stage, peek their head out behind the curtains, listening in.

"This is boring," Erica whispers bored in Jesse's ear. "When I get some Dusker blood? I'm starving."

"Patience," Jesse says, seeming fed up with her. "Souls first, blood later. Our two hundred nineteen guests are here and their souls are ours for the taking." He turns to the vampires who were seated. "You know what to do."