37

The moment Reagan stepped into school, she could hear laughter. It wasn't directed at her, though. She walks down the hall and follows the sound of laughs.

In the middle of the hallway, students that were around Benny and Ethan were laughing. Their hair was slicked down from the conditioner that was still in their hair.

Reagan couldn't help but release a snicker.

The two glared at the girl and she quickly stops.

"This won't help our reputations." Benny groans.

Rory enters the hallway and immediately chuckles at the sight of Ethan and Benny. "Nice look, guys." Ethan sighs before explaining their water situation.

"You were both in the shower at the same time?" Rory questions, and Reagan shudders. She did not need that image.

"Different showers, Rory. No one at this school's got it worse than us." Ethan says.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," Reagan tells them. She points over at the student lounge where Erica was bossing the new freshmen around, making them dress like babies.

"I'm glad we weren't like that."

*

"Noodles. Cheap, easy noodles." Their teacher, Mrs. Oppenheimer, yells. "Learning to boil noodles is good because some of you will be living alone for a long time." That last sentence was directed to the three in the back, mostly Ethan and Benny.

Reagan groans. "I don't know why you guys made me join Home Ec with you. I enjoy cooking, but Mrs. Oppenheimer might change my mind."

"No, you can't quit, babe!" Benny whines. "We're counting on you to help give us a good grade." Reagan sarcastically smiles at him before turning the handle to the faucet, but no water came out.

"See? We're gonna fail noodles." Benny sighs. Ethan rolls his eyes and checks the pipes underneath the sink. While Ethan did that, Benny got a notification from his phone.

"Oh, as if. Check this out, Reg." He shows Reagan his phone. "J.J Abrams was referential without being reverential."

"Guys." Ethan tries to get their attention. "If you're still worried about failing noodles, you could help me."

"He conjured nostalgia without being constrained by it -- durfnerder," Benny says.

"Woah!" Ethan yells, backing away from the pipes. "Guys, something moved down there."

"Dude, this is Home Ec class. Food gets spilled down here all the time," Benny explains, flinging the noodles at Ethan's head. "See?"

Benny and Reagan look down to see what Ethan was talking about. Then, they saw a green object drop down into the pipes. The three shriek and jump away from the sink.

"Gentlemen, and Miss Sullivan." The teacher yells at them. "Don't make me come over there. I am not as sweet as I used to be."

"Sorry, Mrs. Oppenheimer." They apologize, now standing straight up, fear lacing in their voice.

Benny turns his head to the two, "What the heck was that?" He whispers. The three lean back down to check the pipes, hoping to see what they did last time again.

"The pipes are wrecked," Ethan says. "What kind of school system is this? You'd think they'd have better plumbing." Benny comments and Reagan sends him a side glare as she could smell the teacher behind them.

The boys slowly look over their shoulders and scream at the sight of Mrs. Oppenheimer behind them. Reagan rolls her eyes before standing back up, the boys doing the same.