26

It was an uncomfortable silence as they looked through the chemistry lab. Both of them wanted to say something but was afraid to say the wrong thing.

"I'm sorry."

Reagan lifts her head to meet Benny's eyes. "Pardon?"

"I obviously did something a couple of weeks ago to where you had to ignore me again." Benny nervously chuckles. "I don't exactly know what I did, but I'm sorry."

The female vampire didn't say anything but nod. She felt horrible for leaving him in the dust but what else could a girl with heightened emotions do? Something caught her eye and she walked towards Benny. Him not knowing what she was doing, he held in his breath and stayed still.

Reagan and Benny were inches apart from each other as Reagan reached around him and grabbed two spray bottles from the counter. As she pulled her arms back, the two stayed in their position for quite a while. Not one of them daring to move. They were practically chest-to-chest. Reagan noticed how Benny's eyes flickered down to her lips before back to her eyes.

Reminding herself of the situation they were in, she forced herself to pull away from him. She clears her throat before handing Benny the spray bottles. She awkwardly smiles before heading towards the door, stopping to turn to the frozen boy.

"Coming, Benjamin?"

Benny snaps himself out of his thoughts before following after Reagan. The two made their way back to the computer lab.

"Let's wax some weeds!" Benny exclaims, holding the spray bottles filled with weedkiller. He goes over to the girl and aims the spray bottles at her face before Ethan stops him.

"Wait! We don't want to burn her face. Spray her roots!" Reagan gives him a weird look. "I mean, legs."

"Can I use my line again?" He asks Ethan and Reagan. "If you insist."

"Let's wax some weeds!" He begins to spray at her legs until the girl started to shake and the computers started to beep uncontrollably. Reagan stops Benny and once he did, the girl stopped shaking.

Ethan places his hand on the girl and his white glow white as he received a vision. He gasps once it finished and his two best friends looked over at him. "I saw a tree. It was angry." Reagan and Benny give each other a confused look.

"How could you tell? Was it choking squirrels?" Benny questions. Reagan slaps his arm.

Rory walks into the computer lab and groans. "I was really hoping you guys would have this fixed by now. This didn't screw up my download, did it?" Rory walks over to one of the computers, checking the download.

"Maybe we should look up your angry tree online?" Benny asks Ethan.

"Not here," Ethan says. "Something tells me that it's not a good idea to touch these computers." He hits Rory's arm. 

Benny pulls out his laptop from his bag. "Looks like the school's wireless is down. I'm not getting a signal." 

"We can do it from your house, right Eth?" The boy nods. "But what about her?" Reagan points over at the girl. 

"I don't think we should move her until we know what's going on." Ethan answers. "The weedkiller didn't go over so well." 

"Couldn't you guys just water her and make sure she gets enough sun?" Rory suggests, and Benny sarcastically laughs at him while Reagan shakes her head at the vampire.

*

"Reagan, Benny, check this out," Ethan calls them over as he and Sarah were at his desk. "The oldest tree in town just got cut down a few weeks ago."